shape
carat
color
clarity

finally got my new earrings! (plus bonus photos of rings/pendant)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was getting kindof irritated last week that I still had not heard from the jeweler about the new earrings he was getting in. (I was dying to trade my 1.5 ctw (crappy cut) earrings in for his 1 ctw ideal cut martini-set ones.) I was headed to the beach last Wed. morning and stopped by, on the off chance he''d gotten them. Sure enough, he had! His wife helped me since he wasn''t there, but I got the 1 ctw and LOVE them. I just need to have him switch out the backs. These are screw back and I can''t stand screw backs. I''m going to have him put regular tension backs on them. They''re beautiful and these pics won''t do them justice. I also didn''t realize how dirty they were when I took the photos. Sorry about that! You can see the arrows in the photos.

I''ll also post a couple other pics I took when I was taking the earring photos. :)

Here is an ear shot.

kearring.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here they are again (dirty!)

kearrings.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more of the earrings. they''re so much prettier in person and I''m so happy with the size.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
forgot to attach the photo...

kearrings2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pendant photo. Plus freckles from my beach trip.
emsmile.gif

knecklace.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
and rings...

ringsaug.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love the new earrings! Great size, and so pretty on you! Nice necklace and rings, too!

Wear them in good health and enjoy!

Thanks for sharing!!!
36.gif
36.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful set - earrings, pendant, and rings!

Now to look up your wedding ring info... I''m trying to get ideas, and your rings look great!
5.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love your new earrings.... Is your pendant new too????? THEY ARE all BEAUTIES!!!! Did you get them from Whiteflash?? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set you have. Your earrings are the perfect size.

Linda

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone!

isyama, you can see more photos of my rings here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/katiedid-got-some-sunshine-photos.65381/ I love them--they are WF.

woo, nice to hear from you! What did you decide about your band?? thanks for the compliments. The pendant is a recycle project. I had the stone in another pendant and never wore it, so I had a local jeweler "copy" the WF pendant that I loved so much. I think he did an excellent job.

linda, I think they''re the perfect size too. thanks!

Now all I need is the WF tennis bracelet. It will be a LONG while before I get that, so for now, this is my "collection".
emteeth.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the sun stays out today, I''m going to clean the earrings and take some decent photos of them.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection - please, keep the pics coming!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
katie, your studs are bootiful, and look perfect on your ear!! Congrats!
36.gif

Your other items aren''t too shabby either.
25.gif
2.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection!!!! Congrats on the new earrings!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
There is nothing better than a set of sparkles! Congrats to you, I love ''em
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good job girl--they''re lovely!!

cheers--Sharon

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you guys are so sweet--thanks for all the compliments! more pics to come (hopefully)...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! Isn''t it amazing how much better they look when they''re well cut?!
30.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks FG--it really does make a huge difference! I had 1 ctw before I got the 1.5 ctw and these new ones look bigger than the old 1 ctw b/c the old ones were not a good cut at all.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! They look great on you!
30.gif
Love your pendant and rings too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katie, beautiful earrings, ring and pendant! I love it all!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update--I got the specs on my new earrings and an appraisal AND the regular posts and backs! Ahhh, they are so much more comfy now. I took them in last week and he removed the screw posts and put the regular posts on with heavy friction backs on them so they are nice and tight. I think someone would have to tear my ear off before these things would come out! Here are the specs he gave me for my insurance guy to use:

1.04 ctw
SI1
E/F in color (the stones didn''t come with certs)
ideal cut and proportions (not sure this term really means anything but they sure are pretty!)
14k white gold martini settings

The coolest thing about this little transaction is that the earrings I traded were from Jared and were 1.5 ctw, probably G/H in color and I''d guess SI2 or I1 in clarity. They had inclusions that were visible to the naked eye if you looked closely. They were sparkly and a beautiful color, but up close you could see they were not great quality at all. I paid right at $3000 plus tax for them. When I traded for these new ones, Stacey (the jeweler) let me do an even trade, plus he changed out the posts and backs for me and gave me an appraisal at no extra charge. The appraised value (what he would sell them for in his store) is $3600! Not a bad deal! I got a size that''s better for me, WAY better quality, and in the end, they are worth more than the others were! I''m very happy with them.

And that''s the end of my earring swap story! Thanks all for following along...
emteeth.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks tacori! Hey, I always wonder when I see your avatar--is your baby here yet? I have a ton of ultrasound photos from when I was pregnant. My daughter turned 10 on Saturday...
emsmile.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a beautiful collection. I love how everything is so classic and can be worn separately or together. Stunning!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you kcoursolle! My collection will be complete (well, I guess it''s never really complete!) when I have a gorgeous new tennis bracelet... hee hee. I can start saving now and buy myself one for my 40th birthday, which is in 363 days.
emsmile.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those are beautiful earrings! I''ve been patiently waiting for my husband to get me some martini set studs (he is insisting on buying for me and not letting me just go off on my own and get them)... maybe I''ll show him pics of yours so that he can see how stunning they can be!! I also love your wedding set... just beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results