shape
carat
color
clarity

Feral and stray cats

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Well, at least she thought there was some hope. Perhaps a side benefit of all the training might be that Chloe loses her pathological fear of everything?

Maybe as long as you have to clicker train them you could teach them some parlor tricks or the like
2.gif

Best of luck and keep us updated! You have really shown the patience of a saint.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG honey, are you coming to the GTG next week? I promise to bring you some socks.
2.gif

Clicks and Socks. Eiyee! At least there is hope... ((HUGS)) FG. I think you are a wondeful stupendous person for undergoing all of this for your girls.
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
FG - so glad to hear that the behaviorist thinks there is hope!! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that things progress for you.

Gypsy - did the details of the GTG ever get finalized? I''d still like to try to make it if its in SF. I also was hoping to ask you about what kind of service you got at Topper''s in Burlingame on your stuff you were having fixed/replated there - my wedding band needs some minor stuff (tighten a small prong, resize approx. 1 size), and I was thinking they might be a good place to go (sorry for the threadjack FG!!).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Amber... I am just going to revive the GTG thread now. To finalize details. I don''t know much in the Union Street Area... so I hope some SF Psers will chime in with suggestions. As for my ring servicing. I received great service... but in Campbell at Joe Escrobar. Not Toppers in Burlingame-- Sorry!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Gypsy - I think all the wine on our anniversary trip must have addled my brain - what a dope I am
3.gif
20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

I responded in the GTG thread - am getting sent OOT for work so can''t make this one.

40.gif

Sparkles, I am keeping Holly. I just can''t let go of this girl. She totally wormed her way in and has become such a joy in the house - it''s so nice having a kitty that will walk around and play and be near you during daylight hours.

2.gif

Will I get through the clicker training and everything? Only time will tell. I have begun the process, but I won''t force any progression. If they get together, they get together. If they don''t, they don''t. Chloe, now that I haven''t tried to force any interaction between them and she hasn''t had any Holly attacks, is coming back out of her shell and is acting quite...happy. So even if they remain separate for a long time...at least they are both happy.

5.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! We are keeping Holly!! I''m so happy!! I love Holly and Chloe. I didn''t want Holly to go away.
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...YAY FOR KEEPING HOLLY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Though I would have totally understood if you felt you couldn''t, it does seem like she really "chose" you, and I really do believe that with a lot of time and patience it should be workable between the two of them, although I''m sure it will be stressful for you. I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2007 9:02:31 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
Well, at least she thought there was some hope. Perhaps a side benefit of all the training might be that Chloe loses her pathological fear of everything?

Maybe as long as you have to clicker train them you could teach them some parlor tricks or the like
2.gif

Best of luck and keep us updated! You have really shown the patience of a saint.
I do hope that Chloe loses her pathological fear of everything. That would definitely be worth clicker training for!

We'll see about the parlor tricks...LOL. Holly will follow a target around with her nose and will also sit upon being given a visual command, already!! Pretty cool! She's a little smarty pants! I also rewarded her for licking my nose so now she thinks it's good. Unfortunately that meant she tried to lick my nose 23 times yesterday. But it was so cute that all I could do was laugh. And give her a treat.

I have to get some more SKP of these two. Especially Holly carting a hair elastic around in her mouth. It's laughable, really.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY FOR YOU FG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it will work out!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Yes please to more SKP!
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Yes, I know, I am so freakin cute. My evil plan has worked."

socute1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - that precious little pink nosey!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I just had to add, she is such a beautiful cat!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly looks so devilish and smug.
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!! haha!! She DOES look rather *smug* in that picture, doesn''t she??!
11.gif
But who can blame her?! The poor little thing had NOTHING and then she found HEAVEN and gained EVERYTHING... I think I''d be a wee bit smug, too!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Oh FG, I, too, would have TOTALLY understood if you''d have given her away... but in my heart of hearts, I was hoping she could stay with you!!! She''s just such a special little girl, and she''s been through lord-knows-what... and she has so much love to give... and she NEEDS you! xoxoxo I think you have the patience of a saint, and both of those kitties are so very, very lucky!
36.gif

(BTW, maybe I''ve missed this, but why is Chloe so afraid of everything? Has she ALWAYS been that way?)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 6:32:51 PM
Author: Lynn B

I think you have the patience of a saint, and both of those kitties are so very, very lucky!

(BTW, maybe I''ve missed this, but why is Chloe so afraid of everything? Has she ALWAYS been that way?)

It''s funny - I wish I could have the same patience normally that I can find for the cats.
2.gif
It is amazing what a fuzzy purring little animal can do in that respect.
5.gif

The cause of Chloe''s paralyzing fear will always be a mystery. She was adopted at 1 year old from the Houston Humane Society by a friend of mine who already had a tonkinese cat. Thought her tonk wanted a friend. Turned out it didn''t. She didn''t want to bring Chloe back because she was ''cat of the month'' and had been there the longest...and was going to be put down if not adopted. So I took her in. Interesting, come to think of it, that I have NEVER picked out my own cats. They always seem to come to me.
emotion-40.gif
Anyway, Chloe has always been terrified since I first met her. I didn''t see her for three weeks once I took her in. With respect to how terrified she used to be, she has made amazing improvements. But I have friends I''ve known for 10 years that have literally never seen her.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 7:16:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess

It''s funny - I wish I could have the same patience normally that I can find for the cats.
2.gif
It is amazing what a fuzzy purring little animal can do in that respect.
5.gif

The cause of Chloe''s paralyzing fear will always be a mystery. She was adopted at 1 year old from the Houston Humane Society by a friend of mine who already had a tonkinese cat. Thought her tonk wanted a friend. Turned out it didn''t. She didn''t want to bring Chloe back because she was ''cat of the month'' and had been there the longest...and was going to be put down if not adopted. So I took her in. Interesting, come to think of it, that I have NEVER picked out my own cats. They always seem to come to me.
emotion-40.gif
Anyway, Chloe has always been terrified since I first met her. I didn''t see her for three weeks once I took her in. With respect to how terrified she used to be, she has made amazing improvements. But I have friends I''ve known for 10 years that have literally never seen her.
Oh my, such a story. Poor, poor baby... heaven only knows what happened to her during that first, critical year of her life.
15.gif
Sweet baby girl... give her a big, smooshy kiss and snuggle for me! And FG, thanks for sharing her story with us. xoxo

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t play favorites now can I?!

"This is my cute pose. It took years for me to get this comfortable. But isn''t it worth the wait?"

chloecutie.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
cute pic FG!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwwww, she''s SUCH a beautiful girl! She looks like a sleeping angel!!!
30.gif

Thanks for sharing, FG!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
YAY FOR NEW PICTURES!!! What GORGEOUS girls you have FG - I LOVE LOVE LOVE them
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love Holly''s expression in that picture - Oliver makes a similar face, sort of where you can tell he''s definitely going to get into some kind of trouble. But I agree with Lynn - they should be smug - they went from such a hard life with no one to love them to having wonderful families that love them dearly
9.gif

I wouldn''t worry too much about your pets "finding" you - somehow that just seems to make it more special. My mom''s got a collection started like that too (composed entirely of pets that found me but I couldn''t keep them for one reason or another) and they are wonderful
2.gif
1.gif

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 6:32:51 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH MY!!! haha!! She DOES look rather *smug* in that picture, doesn''t she??!
11.gif
But who can blame her?! The poor little thing had NOTHING and then she found HEAVEN and gained EVERYTHING... I think I''d be a wee bit smug, too!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Oh FG, I, too, would have TOTALLY understood if you''d have given her away... but in my heart of hearts, I was hoping she could stay with you!!! She''s just such a special little girl, and she''s been through lord-knows-what... and she has so much love to give... and she NEEDS you! xoxoxo I think you have the patience of a saint, and both of those kitties are so very, very lucky!
36.gif

I totally agree! YAY!!!! Both babies get to stay
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
! I am VERY glad that they both can be happy in their own space
9.gif
. They are both so sweet and special in their own ways! I am glad you will be in both their lives, you seem like such a great kitty mommy, so understanding and patient. I love
30.gif
30.gif
the new pictures! Thank you for sharing, and keep us updated!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Awww! Love the photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/16/2007 7:51:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Can''t play favorites now can I?!

''This is my cute pose. It took years for me to get this comfortable. But isn''t it worth the wait?''
Squoosh squoosh! Moosh moosh! Sqqqqqqqeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzeeeeeeee!

How adorably squeezeable Chloe looks!
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results