shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite line from a movie...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/6/2008 1:54:51 AM
Author:jewelerman

''I should have taken a rock and killed myself years ago''

Cher in MoonStruck(1987)

Favorite movie EVER.

"They say bread is life. And I bake BREAD, BREAD, BREAD...and I SWEAT..."

"Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I''m gonna kick you ''til you''re dead! "

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 2:01:39 PM
Author: Po10472
''Life moves pretty fast.........if you don''t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!''
- Ferris Bueller

''There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn''t be one of them.''
- David Shrader - Dream for an Insomniac

''Burn rubber does not mean warp speed!''
- Sam Emerson - The Lost Boys

''It means fasten your seat belt Dorothy, ''cause Kansas is going bye-bye''
Cypher - The Matrix

''This landing is gonna get pretty interesting'' - Hoban ''Wash'' Washburn:
''Define ''interesting'''' - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
''Oh God, oh God, we''re all going to die?'' Hoban ''Wash'' Washburn
- Serenity

''I carried a watermelon''
Baby - Dirty Dancing

''I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him - that I greatly esteem him... I like him.'' - Elinor Dashwood
''Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant!'' Marianne
- Sense and Sensibility

............I have more
36.gif
i love that movie. love the series. *sigh*

"He killed me mel, he killed me with a sword"

also (tv show)
"I...I shot the sherif" FBI guy
"But you didnt shoot the deputy" Dean
~~ supernatural

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll just warn everyone beforehand that I am a nerd. So...

HS: "I have a bad feeling about this"

HS: "Boring conversation, anyway."

C3PO: “I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”

PL: “You came in that thing?, You’re braver than I thought”

And the phrase that brought an empire down (bonus point for anyone who gets this one):
"Hold your fire. There are no life forms."

(All from Star Wars)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Pirates has a bunch of great lines, but this is one of my all-time favourites:

"She''s safe, just like I promised. She''s all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we''re all men of our word really... except for, of course, Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman. "

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:26:45 PM
Author: princesss
Mawwaige. Mawwaige is wot bwings us togevah tooday. Mawwaige, that bwessed awwaingment. - Princess Bride (ok, most of the movie, really...especially 'Aww, is this a kissing book?')

I have to go. I'm having an old friend for dinner. - Silence of the Lambs

Vizzini: Stop rhyming, I mean it!
Fezzik: Does anybody want a peanut?

Warren: YOU got into Harvard?
Elle: What, like it's hard?
-Legally Blonde (one of my friends knows a girl at school (she goes to Duke) that everybody thinks is an idiot. So when she got into Harvard Law her away message was Elle's line)

Legally Blonde is one of my FAVES!!! I love when Elle goes to the party dressed up like a playboy bunny and says,
"This party is super fun."

From Charlie Wilson's War: Julia Roberts walks past some of Charlie's secretaries in a bar and says very calmly, "Sluts"

Elf: Did you hear that? (After downing a 2 liter bottle of Coke and letting out an earth shattering burp)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know what you''re thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you''ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? - Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry of course!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Any one of Farva''s lines from Super Troopers.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
From the movie "Stepmom"

It''s Christmas day and Susan Sarrandon''s character (Jackie) asks that her daughter, Anna, and her son, Ben, come upstairs so she can give them their gifts. She''s dying of cancer and has handmade special presents for them.

Ben: No one loves you like I do.
Jackie: No. No one ever will.

I swear I cry every single time I watch this scene
39.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Amber! I totally forgot about Anchorman! That is my favorite Will Ferrell movie. My DH and I are weird... we either like dark movies/dark comedy or silly humor.

I love the ''I love lamp'' line and my DH and I use it all the time, too. Steve Carrell is such a funny guy! I love the ones you posted. Here are a few more...

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!" -Brick Tamland after the West Side Story-like fight scene

[When Ron asks, "Where did you get that hand grenade from, Brick?"] ...I don''t know. -Brick Tamland fight scene again

"Come again? You know I don''t speak Spanish." -- Ron Burgundy talking to his dog Baxter

We say that all the time to our cats when they meow at us.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

"You got me hotter than Georgia asphalt"....Laura Dern. Wild at Heart.

"Are you not entertained?" Russell Crowe. Gladiator.

"But I'm beautiful"!!!!!! actress? Muriel's Wedding. Actually, many lines in this movie are "favorites..."

"With such narratives, who would read novels?" Mr. Bennett. P & P, BBC miniseries. I cannot recall if this was a direct quote from J. Austin....must look....

cheers--Sharon

GoingCrazy

Rough_Rock
Yeah!!!!!
36.gif
Someone else who likes Tombstone.

My favorite was when Sam Elliott''s (love his voice, could listen to him all day)character Virgil gets shot and they''re getting ready to operate on his arm and he says to his wife:

Don''t worrie Allie girl, I''ve still got one good arm to hold ya with

emcry.gif

And Val Kilmer after he shoots the Johnny Ringo character....

Poor soul. He was just to high strung. I''m afraid the strain was more than he could bear.

cracks me up every time.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/6/2008 11:03:48 PM

And Val Kilmer after he shoots the Johnny Ringo character....Poor soul. He was just to high strung. I''m afraid the strain was more than he could bear.
HI:

The way he said it, memorable for sure......great portrayal of Doc H....

cheers--Sharon

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Right now...

"It is the best" from Nacho Libre... of course... about ANYTHING

My all time favorite?

Forrest Gump "Sometimes there just aren''t enough rocks"

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 7:20:46 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I'll just warn everyone beforehand that I am a nerd. So...

HS: 'I have a bad feeling about this'

HS: 'Boring conversation, anyway.'

C3PO: “I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the wookiee win.”

PL: “You came in that thing?, You’re braver than I thought”

And the phrase that brought an empire down (bonus point for anyone who gets this one):

'Hold your fire. There are no life forms.'

(All from Star Wars)
YES!!!! Another fan!!!! I love all of your quotes, including the last one! I chuckle every time I hear that one.
9.gif

A favorite of mine from ESB is

Needa: "I shall assume full responsibility for losing them, and apologize to Lord Vader. Meanwhile, continue to scan the area."

Dies

Vader: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa"
Hahaha
------------------------------------------------------------
And everything between Leia and Han.
Han: "I know"

I love it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Their relationship has to be one of the best love story written in movie history!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Coming out of PS lurkdom to point out that I haven''t seen any Big Lebowski lines!

My fav:
Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don''t wanna know about it, believe me.
The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...
Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o''clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f***ing amateurs...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Dustin Hoffman (Benjamin), after seeing his love Katherine Ross (Elaine) being pronounced married in The Graduate:

ELAINE ! ELAINE !!! ELAINE !!!! ELAINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody in the church is turning around and looking at him like they''d like to kill him.

Elaine, after taking it all in:

BEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn''t say another word, but runs down to her, fighting off everyone and escaping with her out of the church.

Has to be one of the most romantic scenes of all time.

Rich, Independent GG Appraiser
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Richard
35.gif
36.gif

We have missed you so much!!! How are you??????

Linda

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
"Are you boys cooking up there?"
"No..."
"Are you building an interocetor?"
"NOOOO!!!"

LOL, I love MST3K so much.

ETA: Also, from The Return of the Pink Panter:

"But that's a priceless Steinway!"
"Not anymore..."

and from A Shot in the Dark:

"She received a biump on her head"
"A what?"
"Excuse me?"
"You just said a biump."
"Yes, a biump!"

Peter Sellars was a genius.

ETA2: One more, from once upon a time in Mexico:

"I can't see f***-mook, I don't have any eyes!"

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:25:32 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Right now...

''It is the best'' from Nacho Libre... of course... about ANYTHING

I love Nacho Libre!
"Get that corn outta my face!"

"Beneath the clothes we find a man, and beneath the man we find... his...nucleus."

Every thing from Wayne''s World is quotable to me:
"What is it?"
"It''s a gun rack."
"A gun rack...A gun rack? I don''t even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do...with a gun rack?"
"You don''t like it? Fine."

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down it has to be this one by Cher''s character, Alexandra Medford in "Witches of Eastwick"...

"I think... no, I am positive... that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we''ve been together, you have demonstrated EVERY loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you''re morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You''re not even interesting enough to make me sick. "

There are a million great quotes in this film... but I just love this. :)

x x x

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 12:58:37 AM
Author: Cleo
Hands down it has to be this one by Cher''s character, Alexandra Medford in ''Witches of Eastwick''...

''I think... no, I am positive... that you are the most unattractive man I have ever met in my entire life. You know, in the short time we''ve been together, you have demonstrated EVERY loathsome characteristic of the male personality and even discovered a few new ones. You are physically repulsive, intellectually retarded, you''re morally reprehensible, vulgar, insensitive, selfish, stupid, you have no taste, a lousy sense of humor and you smell. You''re not even interesting enough to make me sick. ''

There are a million great quotes in this film... but I just love this. :)

x x x
That was about the only thing I loved about that movie. That dialogue was priceless. But the movie was kind of ...I dunno...creepy wierd.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
when my best friend and i get together, one of us always says,

"in case i forget to tell you, i had a really good time tonite"

-pretty woman, before richard gere takes julia roberts to the opera via private jet

Erin

Ideal_Rock
From Fools Rush In
Alex: You are everything I never knew I always wanted.

From Jerry Maguire
Jerry: Help me, help you. Help me, help you.

From What Dreams May Come
Chris (to his wife): Thank you for every kindness. Thank you for our children. For the first time I saw them. Thank you for being someone I was always proud to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. God, you were my life. I apologize for everytime I ever failed you. Especially this one...

From Ray
Ray: I hear like you see. Like that hummingbird outside the window, for instance.
Della Bea: I can''t hear her.
Ray: You have to listen.
Della Bea:Yes!
Ray: Yeah. Yes, you can... Uh-oh. Did you hear that?
Della Bea: What?
Ray: Her heart just skipped a beat.

From Shawshank Redemption
Red: There''s not a day goes by I don''t feel regret. Not because I''m in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can''t. That kid''s long gone and this old man is all that''s left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It''s just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don''t give a shit.

From Fight Club
Tyler Durden: Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who''ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don''t need. We''re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War''s a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We''ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we''d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won''t. And we''re slowly learning that fact. And we''re very, very pissed off.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I wasn't a huge Napoleon Dynamite fan at first, but alot of the lines are too funny, Fi and I always laugh about Tina and the ham..

Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?
Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna do. Gosh!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Napoleon Dynamite: Do the chickens have large talons?
Farmer: Do they have what?
Napoleon Dynamite: Large talons.
Farmer: I don't understand a word you just said

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kip: Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
Napoleon Dynamite: Since when, Kip? You have the worst reflexes of all time.

omg, lol

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My family speaks in movie quotes; there are definitely too many to write out here!

The first quote in my sig is my all-time favorite movie quote.

More:

[reacting to sign saying "World''s Best Cup of Coffee"]
Buddy: You did it! Congratulations! World''s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It''s great to be here.

From Notting Hill:
Anna Scott: Rita Hayworth used to say, "They go to bed with Gilda; they wake up with me."
William: Who''s Gilda?
Anna Scott: Her most famous part. Men went to bed with the dream; they didn''t like it when they would wake up with the reality. Do you feel that way?
William: You are lovelier this morning than you have ever been.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, of course:

Dr. Evil: The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we''d make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it''s breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Austin Powers

Dr. Evil: You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin'' laser beams attached to their heads! Now evidently my cycloptic colleague informs me that that cannot be done. Ah, would you remind me what I pay you people for, honestly? Throw me a bone here! What do we have?
Number Two: Sea Bass.
Dr. Evil: [pause] Right.
Number Two: They''re mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that''s a start.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Unfortunatley the best lines from that movie are full of curse words, but OMG....so funny.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I wanna play!

North by Northwest: "In the world of advertising, there''s no such thing as a lie. There''s only expedient exaggeration." Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant)

Ferris Bueller: "How could I possibly be expected to handle school on a day like this?"

Ocean''s Eleven: Danny (Clooney) to Rusty (Pitt) "Hope you were the groom."
Danny to Rusty when he''s picked up from prison: "Ted Nugent called. He wants his shirt back."

And nearly every line from Steel Magnolia''s: Here are just a few: a) "Daddy always said an ounce of pretension was worth a pound of manure." b) "The nicest thing I can say about her is all her tatoos are spelled correctly." c) "See, in my day, you could tell by a man''s carriage and demeanor which side his bread was buttered on." d) "The only thing separating us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."

And some fairly rauchy stuff from Bull Durham that we all remember, and I dare not quote here.
31.gif

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Glengarry Glen Ross:
Blake: Put. That coffee. Down.
[pause]
Blake: Coffee''s for closers only.

The Incredibles:
"... luck favors the prepared"

The Contender:
"...who doesn''t want a short-cut to greatness?"

Just Friends:
Clark: Are you kidding? You''re Chris Brander. You''re Hollywood; you date models. He''s Jersey; he skis in his jeans. It''s Dinkleman... it''s Dusty Dinkleman.
Chris: Dinkleman.
Clark: Dinkleman.
Chris: Dinkleman.
Clark: Dinkleman''s going down!
Chris: Dinkleman is going way down!

Legally Blonde:
Vivian: Nice outfit.
Elle: Oh, I like your outfit too, except when I dress up as a frigid b*tch, I try not to look so constipated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results