shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite line from a movie...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
In the spirit of the popular movie questions...What is your favorite line from a movie...

mine:

"Id Rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special..."
Julia Roberts in Steel Magnloias(late 1980s)

"I should have taken a rock and killed myself years ago"
Cher in MoonStruck(1987)

Every line from The Princess Bride and Young Frankenstein is quotable...

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock

Forrest Gump: " He said I had a million dollar wound... I haven't seen a nickel of the million dollars." or something along those lines. Haha! I love that movie. Oh, I know I have more, I just have to think about it.

Regarding TV shows (I know, I know... off topic), I have a favorite line from Spongebob, but it definitely has to do with the context of the show. Spongebob is pretending to be a plant, so he lays down on the ground, pops his arms and legs straight up in the air, then flaps them back and forth saying: "Photosynthesis! Photosynthesis!" Hahahaha! That cracks me up just thinking about it. Oh, and Seifeld has a ridiculous number of quotable lines... DH prefers to quote the Simpsons though.

I can't mention anything remotely related to Sling Blade without DH saying the gruff "mmhmmm" and "French fried pataters" with his chin all stuck out to mimic the underbite.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
"wuv, tru wuv"
and
"as you wish"
annnd
"you keep on using that word, but i do not think you know what it means"

hmm. princess bride much?

oh and my favorite (and only) line from south park
"i got it, i got it!....No, the magical tune to funky town"

hee hee.

ohh and jewelerman, in FRAANK-EN-stein ;-)

ETA - from the simpsons movie "I like boys now"

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Jareth: I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave.
-Labyrinth

Juno MacGuff: Wait... No! I mean, can''t we just, like, kick this old school? Like, I have the baby, put it in a basket and send it your way, like, Moses and the reeds?
Mark Loring: Technically, that would be kicking it Old Testament.
-Juno

Xander Cage: Is this guy gonna hump my leg or what?
-xXx

Mr. Bennet: [exits study, finds four of his daughters eavesdropping] Good heavens. People. (His tone of voice is HILARIOUS for some reason.)
-Pride and Prejudice

Samantha: I can''t believe my grandmother actually felt me up.
-16 Candles

I''ll add more as I think of them heh.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a Wonderful Life at the ending, the family are standing by the christmas tree, a bell tinkles then the little girl says " teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings" then Jimmy Stewart looks upwards and says " attaboy Clarence!"
face23.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
IMAGINE YOUR A DEAH... YOU GET THIRSTY.. YOU SPOT A LITTLE BROOK....
-Marissa Tomei, My cousin Vinny

Livinthedream

Shiny_Rock
Arugula... It''s a veg-e-table.

I''m wit chu. I''m with the government.

Vinnie: You know, it''s dangerous for you to be here in the frozen food section.
Shaldeen: Why is that?
Vinnie: B/c you could melt all this stuff.

All from My Blue Heaven. I could go on with that movie or this whole category forever!!
36.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Mine is from Lost in Translation when Bill Murry says:
"Your children are the most delightful people you''ll ever meet."
I really
30.gif
my kids, and I
30.gif
hanging out with my little people too!

When our first child was born, DH kept quoting one of his favorite movies Raising Arizona
32.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die! --Princess Bride

Despite my privileged upbringing, I''m actually quite well-balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders.--Beautiful Mind

(Had to search for this one on a site bc it''s an awesome quote and didn''t want to ruin it):

I find you very attractive. Your aggressive moves toward me indicate that you feel the same way. But still, ritual requires that we go through a number of platonic activities before we have sex. I''m simply proceeding with those activities. --Beautiful Mind

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hancock: I will fight crime butt-ass naked before I fight it in that, Ray.
Ray Embrey: You know, you have fought naked. We got that. That''s on Youtube.
-Hancock

Claire: I have a really low tolerance for dehydration.
Andrew: I''ve seen her dehydrate, sir. It''s pretty gross.
-The Breakfast Club

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Mawwaige. Mawwaige is wot bwings us togevah tooday. Mawwaige, that bwessed awwaingment. - Princess Bride (ok, most of the movie, really...especially "Aww, is this a kissing book?")

I have to go. I''m having an old friend for dinner. - Silence of the Lambs

Vizzini: Stop rhyming, I mean it!
Fezzik: Does anybody want a peanut?

Warren: YOU got into Harvard?
Elle: What, like it''s hard?
-Legally Blonde (one of my friends knows a girl at school (she goes to Duke) that everybody thinks is an idiot. So when she got into Harvard Law her away message was Elle''s line)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:26:45 PM
Author: princesss

-Legally Blonde (one of my friends knows a girl at school (she goes to Duke) that everybody thinks is an idiot. So when she got into Harvard Law her away message was Elle''s line)
AWESOME!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:30:45 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 8/6/2008 1:26:45 PM
Author: princesss

AWESOME!
That is great! Wow... a real life Elle Woods!
36.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
"After all, tomorrow is another day!"
- Gone With the Wind

Striker: "Surely you can''t be serious!" Rumack: "I am serious... and don''t call me Shirley."
- Airplane

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! I''m loving reading all these posts! These are some funny quotes that come to mind since I''ve watched these movies recently.

"I''m taking the dog, dumbass!"
-Paulette, Legally Blonde

Talladega Nights
Ricky Bobby''s youngest son saying to grandpa in southern drawl...
"Chip, I''m gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

Ricky Bobby''s father: "If ya ain''t furst, yer last!"

Office Space (hubby and I used to say this all the time with regards to work)
Peter: "I don''t think I''m going to go anymore."
Friend: "Are you going to quit?"
Peter: "No... I''m just going to stop going."

Zoolander...
Derek: "[high-pitched cough]... I think I''m getting the Black Lung, Pop. It''s not very well ventilated down there."
Father: "For Christ''s sake, Derek, you''ve been down there one day. Talk to me in thirty years."

Derek: "mer-man, dad, mer-man"

Derek: "What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can''t even fit inside the building?"

Mugatu: "Are you not aware that I get farty and bloated with a foamy latte?"

I could go on and on. What a silly movie that was!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 1:05:20 PM
Author: cbs102
IMAGINE YOUR A DEAH... YOU GET THIRSTY.. YOU SPOT A LITTLE BROOK....

-Marissa Tomei, My cousin Vinny

I love this line too. In fact, DH and I love this movie. We have watched it a zillion times.
36.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
"Life moves pretty fast.........if you don''t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!"
- Ferris Bueller

"There are too many mediocre things in life to deal with and love shouldn''t be one of them."
- David Shrader - Dream for an Insomniac

"Burn rubber does not mean warp speed!"
- Sam Emerson - The Lost Boys

"It means fasten your seat belt Dorothy, ''cause Kansas is going bye-bye"
Cypher - The Matrix

"This landing is gonna get pretty interesting" - Hoban ''Wash'' Washburn:
"Define "interesting"" - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
"Oh God, oh God, we''re all going to die?" Hoban ''Wash'' Washburn
- Serenity

"I carried a watermelon"
Baby - Dirty Dancing

"I do not attempt to deny that I think very highly of him - that I greatly esteem him... I like him." - Elinor Dashwood
"Esteem him? Like him? Use those insipid words again and I shall leave the room this instant!" Marianne
- Sense and Sensibility

............I have more
36.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I can never remember lines from movies - but the one on my FB profile right now is still from when we moved here -

"Is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa"
- Field of Dreams

Also gotta love "The opposite of war isn't peace - it's CREATION!" from Rent

ETA: Po, I LOVE the line "I carried a watermelon" !!! I crack up at that scene every time.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I have tons of favourites, but here's one from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding":

Toula: "Actually, um Ian's a vegetarian. Uh, he doesn't eat meat".
The Aunt: "He don't eat no meat? HE DON'T EAT NO MEAT?!"
*The entire room stops, in shock*
The Aunt: "Oh thats ok, I make lamb."

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner" - Dirty Dancing

"would you like to know how I got these scars" - The Joker - Dark Knight

"Let your heart guide you, it whispers, so listen closely" - land before time

"Amock...... amock amock amock amock" - Hocus Pocus

"Can''t you see, everything that I''ve ever done, since I was that girl on the bridge, has been to bring me closer to you" - Memoirs of a Geisha

"I want a life that is Mine!" - Memoirs of a Geisha

"I speak Whale" - Finding Nemo

"BUBBLES bubbldbubbledebubblybubba .... myyy bubbles" - finding nemo

"Why''s the rum gone" - Pirates of the Carribbean

"Stop blowing holes in my ship!!!" - Pirates

"I know. It''s all wrong. By rights we shouldn''t even be here. But we are. It''s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn''t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it''s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn''t. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
(Frodo)What are we holding onto Sam?
(Sam) That there''s some good in this world and its worth fighting for." - Lord of the Rings... the two towers

"You''re gonna need a bigger boat " - Jaws

"They call me Mr. Pig!!!" - The Lion King

"There''s no crying in baseball" - A League of Their Own

"TAWANDA" - Fried Green Tomatoes

"Somebody took my house!" - Fried Green Tomatoes

" Oh there you are peter" - Hook

" I feel the Need, the need for Speed" - Top Gun

Man, I might have to make a compilation of quotes from my fav movies
34.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Well, it is my favorite movie and I love a million of the quotes---here are my favorite of all-time:

"Frankly, my dear. I don''t give a damn"-Rhett Butler (GWTW)
"I can''t think about this now. I''ll go crazy if I do. I''ll think about it tomorrow"-Scarlett O''Hara (GWTW)
"With enough courage you can do without a reputation"-Rhett Butler (GWTW)
"This is sparta" and "I''m here, just taking a stroll, stretching my legs. These, uh, 300 men are my personal bodyguard." -King Leonidas (300)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly, omg, you have some of the BEST ones!

"I have a jar of diiiirt, I have a jar of diiirt." Pirates of the Caribbean part dos.

And speaking of Memoirs of a Geisha, I love these:

Mameha: [explaining sex to Sayuri] Every once in a while, a man's "eel" likes to visit a woman's... cave."
Sayuri Nitta: Yes, I know.
Mameha: You do?
Sayuri Nitta: I live with Hatsumomo.

Sayuri Nitta: [to Nobu] What is sumo but a dance between giants? What is business but a dance between companies? I would like to know about every kind of dance.

And from 300, freaking hilarious:

[Dilios is putting a patch over his eye]
King Leonidas: Dilios, I trust that "scratch" hasn't made you useless.
Dilios: Hardly, my lord, it's just an eye. The gods saw fit to grace me with a spare.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Marty: Do you think these glasses make me look smarter?
Rizzo: No, you can still see your face.

~~Grease
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
"Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That''s my only real motivation is not to be hassled; that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired." Peter, Office Space

"And I said, I don''t care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I''m, I''m quitting, I''m going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they''ve moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn''t bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it''s not okay because if they take my stapler then I''ll set the building on fire..." Milton, Office Space

"And then they made me their chief." Jack Sparrow, PofC

"Why is the RUM GONE!?!?" Jack Sparrow

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it." Jack Sparrow

"Inconceivable!" Vizzini, Princess Bride

Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Count Rugen: Stop saying that!

"Anybody want a peanut?" Fezzik, Princess Bride

"Smell BAD!" Ludo, Labrynth

The Worm: ''Allo.
Sarah: Did you say... hello?
The Worm: No, I said "''allo," but that''s close enough.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sadie: Where do babies come from?
Debbie: Where do you think they come from?
Sadie: Well. I think a stork, he umm, he drops it down and then, and then, a hole goes in your body and there''s blood everywhere, coming out of your head and then you push your belly button and then your butt falls off and then you hold your butt and you have to dig and you find the little baby.
Debbie: That''s exactly right.

From Knocked Up

"There''s one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we''re alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names. "
Rhett Butler from GWTW

"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica."
Jim on The Offce

"Don''t you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn''t marry a girl just because she''s pretty, but my goodness, doesn''t it help?"
Lorelei Lee from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 4:11:02 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Sadie: Where do babies come from?
Debbie: Where do you think they come from?
Sadie: Well. I think a stork, he umm, he drops it down and then, and then, a hole goes in your body and there''s blood everywhere, coming out of your head and then you push your belly button and then your butt falls off and then you hold your butt and you have to dig and you find the little baby.
Debbie: That''s exactly right.

From Knocked Up

''There''s one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we''re alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names. ''
Rhett Butler from GWTW

''Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.''
Jim on The Offce

''Don''t you know that a man being rich is like a girl being pretty? You wouldn''t marry a girl just because she''s pretty, but my goodness, doesn''t it help?''
Lorelei Lee from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
That was the funniest line of the whole movie!! I completely forgot about knocked up.
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
"No more rhyming. I mean it!"

"Anybody have a peanut?"

LOL - I love Princess Bride!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
From Tombstone: "I''ve got two guns. One for each of ya."

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The many Princess Bride lines already quoted, specifically, "you keep using that word but I do not think you know what it means" (really funny for me, because DH tries to use words that he doesn't know the definition of)
"I'm your huckleberry" Doc Holliday in Tombstone
"No one puts Baby in a corner" Johnny in Dirty Dancing
"Where is the Continuum Transfunctioner?" from Dude, Where's My Car (mostly cause it just makes me laugh)
"God didn't make Rambo, I did." Colonel Troutman from First Blood
"We all end up dead. It's just a question of how and why." William Wallace in Braveheart
"I like candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup." Buddy the Elf

And, from TV, one of my favorite shows is Psych. In one of the episodes the main character keeps saying "Bingo", as in "that's right", until his friend tell him to stop so then he says "Yahtzee!" which I've picked up and put into my own vocabulary.

I also love the Men in Tights "we're men in tights" song.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I just watched this again last night:

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
Lois: "How would you like me to make your life a living hell?"
Ace Ventura: "Well, I'm not really ready for a relationship, Lois, but thank you for asking. Hey, maybe I'll give you a call sometime. Your number's still 911? All righty then."

Arthur:

"I'm so rich, I wish I had a dime for every dime I have"

Elf:
Buddy: [panting after chasing Michael] Wow, you're fast. I'm glad I caught up to you. I waited 5 hours for you. Why is your coat so big? So, good news - I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have. How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework? Huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat, too?

Elf Again: [on seeing a sign saying "World's Best Cup of Coffee"]
Buddy: You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.

Anchorman:
Ron Burgundy: I don't normally do this, but I felt compelled to tell you something. You have an absolutely breath-taking... heiney. I mean, that thing's good. I wanna be friends with it.

Brick Tamland: [opposing women in the newsroom] I read somewhere their periods attract bears. Bears can smell the menstruation.
Brian Fantana: Well, that's just great. You hear that, Ed? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.

Brick Tamland: I love... carpet.
[pause]
Brick Tamland: I love... desk.
Ron Burgundy: Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
Brick Tamland: I love lamp.
Ron Burgundy: Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
Brick Tamland: I love lamp. I love lamp. (we say this around the house constantly)

Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.
Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.
Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Brian Fantana: Yep.
Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Juno:

Mac MacGuff: Who's the father?
Juno MacGuff: It's... it's Paulie Bleeker
[everyone stares]
Juno MacGuff: ... What?
Mac MacGuff: I didn't think he had it in him.
Leah: I know, right?

Vanessa Loring: Your parents are probably wondering where you are.
Juno MacGuff: Nah... I mean, I'm already pregnant, so what other kind of shenanigans could I get into?

Juno MacGuff: I think I'm, like, in love with you.
Paulie Bleeker: You mean as friends?
Juno MacGuff: No, I mean, like, for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...
Paulie Bleeker: I try really hard, actually.

Be Kind Rewind

Jerry: [sung, poorly, to the tune of the Ghostbusters theme song] When you're walkin' down the street...
Jerry: [singing] ... and you see a little ghost...
Jerry: [singing] ... whatcha gonna do about -
[more out of tune]
Jerry: Ghostbusters?
Mike: What? What is that?
Jerry: That's the Ghostbusters theme song.
Mike: No.
Jerry: I'm pretty sure it is.

Okay, that's it. I'm out.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results