shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Chick Flicks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! I just thought of another! Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I know I liked the books better, but I remember really liking the movie also.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
french kiss

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
My Best Friend''s Wedding... I know all the words practically - and the ending is so genuine and sweet
4.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh! shakespeare in love

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Serendipity!! Even the bf loves that one!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I love serendipity, but I love John Cusack, so biased - some others:

Say Anything
The Lake House
Dream for an Insomniac
Sense and Sensibility
Pride & Prejudice (Jennifer Ehle/Colin Firth)
About Last Night

not movies but chick tv....

Party of Five
My So Called Life
Buffy (the Angel thang)
Sex and The City
Dawsons Creek

can''t think of anything else just now, brain has stopped functioning

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Favorites:

When Harry Met Sally
Breakfast at Tiffany''s
Four Weddings and a Funeral
The Big Chill
Steel Magnolias
A Walk On the Moon
The Sweetest Thing
The Last Kiss
Beaches
Say Anthing
Sabrina (Hepburn version)
The Story of Us
The Family Man
Mona Lisa Smile
Dirty Dancing
As Good As It Gets
Ghost
28 Days
Serendipity
Elizabethtown
How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days

Okay, I admit it--I love chick flicks!

We just saw Dan in Real Life last weekend and it was great! I highly recommend it. A very good family movie.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Muriel''s Wedding.

cheers--Sahron

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:11:19 PM
Author: Po10472

My So Called Life
"My So Called Life" was one of my favorites way back when. It was out of print until recently! Isn''t that sad? It was so good. Anyhow, I just added it to my quere. It''s a great one since I can watch it while my kids are in the room.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Love all the movies mentioned! A few more:

Father of the Bride 1 & 2 (Steve Martin versions)
Mean Girls
Can''t Buy Me Love (so old school!)

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Pride and Prejudice (the recent version, although both are good!)
Bridget Jones' Diary (both)
Gone With the Wind
Breakfast at Tiffany's (And all other Audrey Hepburn Movies)
Dirty Dancing

Just to name a few...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 10:25:22 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I like all kinds of chick flicks. Two not mentioned here (which are kind of ''period pieces'')

Anne of Green Gables (Megan Follows version)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC version with Colin Firth)
YES! YES! YES! OH God, YES! (woops, wrong movie! but I like that one a lot, too!)

I loved Pride and Prejudice and thought it was quite a lot better than the previous version.

I really love Pleasantville. Honestly, it is so deep and I love to watch it every time. Most movies I watch a few times and you know, that''s it. But Pleasantville I actually bought.

Probably no one else thinks of Quentin Terrentino when they think of chick flicks, but I LOVED Jackie Brown. Was she not a very, very smart lady? I hate movies where the girl is running in the mud in her 3 in heals and, surprise, surprise, falls down and is captured, eaten, or otherwise dies horribly. Or gets saved, either way it sucks. I liked Jackie Brown because she turned a true no-win situation around for herself and all the bad guys died, but not predictably. I think it''s the only Terrentino flick I can stomach, but he definitely got that one right.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Boys on the Side
Fried Green Tomatoes

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
MOONSTRUCK...is the best chick flick!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Wedding Singer
Serendipity
Riding in Cars with Boys

In the whole scheme of things, I''m not a HUGE chick flick fan, I prefer sci-fi or action or epics, ie. Lord of the Rings type stuff, but I ADORE these three movies into tiny pieces!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 12:11:19 PM
Author: Po10472
I love serendipity, but I love John Cusack, so biased
Me too!!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
The Notebook
Bridges of Madison County
Fried Green Tomatoes

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Seeing Steel Magnolia''s made me think of another fav. Julia Roberts movie: Mystic Pizza!
Has anyone seen a period piece about a courtesan who wanted to fit into high society but could only make it as, well, a courtesan? I can''t remember what it was called, but I loved it! Vanity Fair is sort of reminiscient of it...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Actually is one of my all time favorites. I get all teary eyed almost every time I watch it and I am not an emotional gal!

also Princess Bride is a classic of course. Pretty Woman. and The Little Princess, I remember watching it when I was younger and I have seen it on HBO from time to time and love to watch it again.

I loved Anne of Green Gables when I was young. Little Women. Gone with the Wind. Father of the Bride with Steve Martin. The Color Purple.

On a less classic note, Bring it On is one of my fave movies hahaa. and I bought the DVD of Mean Girls recently and I never buy DVD's. adore Steel Magnolias too...Julia with big hair!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
10 Things I Hate About You
Circle of Friends (although the book is better)
The Princess Bride
The Princess Diaries (I like the 2nd one better because the dude is HOT)
Bridget Jones'' Diary/The Edge of Reason
Anne of Green Gables (looooooooooooooooove Gilbert)
Ever After
Stepmom

And, I''m not sure if it really counts as a chick flick, but Grosse Point Blank. Love it!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2007 2:11:15 PM
Author: gwendolyn

And, I''m not sure if it really counts as a chick flick, but Grosse Point Blank. Love it!!
Gross Point Blank is a great movie! In a recent movie review of another of John Cusack''s films, the reviewer stated that there will always be an entire generation of women who are forever in love with him! lol He automatically adds a nice perk to that film (in addition to being a slight chick flick).

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
My ultimate chick flick movie would have to be Steel Magnolias. I remember the first time I saw it, I bawled by eyes out during the funeral scene where M''Lynn completely loses it, and then I went into utter hysterics when when Clairee tells M''Lynn to hit Ouiser. Any movie that can turn tears into raucous laughter has to be number 1 in my books.

Other favourite chick flicks would be:

- Love Actually
- The Wedding Date (I had only just finished reading "Asking for Trouble" when I saw the movie and didn''t realise it was based on it)
- Bridge Jones'' Diary (the first one, hated the sequel)
- Notting Hill

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results