shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Chick Flicks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Recently, I decided to watch "Muriel''s Wedding" again after many years and loved it. I forgot how good of a movie it is and ended up ordering it from Amazon to add to my small collection of chick flicks since I immediately wanted to watch it again.

What are some of your gals'' favorite Chick Flick? I need to ideas to add to my netflix quere!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Michelle!

Let me see. . .

Beaches
When Harry Met Sally
City of Angels
terms of endearment
Pretty Woman
My best friends wedding
four weddings and a funneral
Romy and Michelle's High School Renunion (one of my favs)
Thelma and Louise
Bridget Jones's Diary (love)
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Little Women (another of my favs)
Bend it like Beckham
My big fat Greek Wedding
The Way We Were

That is all I can think of right now; I am sure I am missing a ton. HTH

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Recent movies that I''ve loved are...
The Holiday
Because I Said So
The Wedding Date

And my old favorite is a little known movie with David Schwimer (sp?) called Kissing a Fool

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Where the Heart Is. I LOVE that movie! It makes me cry every time!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Love Actually.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love:

Clueless
Sleepless in Seattle
Legally Blonde
My Best Friend''s Wedding
How to Lose a Guy in 10 days
The Princess Diaries
What a Girl Wants
Romy and Michelle''s High School reuinion
When Harry Met Sally
The Holiday
Love Actually
Four Weddings and a Funeral
Notting Hill
Pretty Woman
Runaway Bride
The Lizzie Macquire movie
Cinderella Story
The Devil Wears Prada
The Prince and Me (one and two)
Never Been Kissed
Step Up

I am sure I am forgetting a few...but those come to mind for sure!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 7:07:06 PM
Author: robbie3982
Me too, it''s definitely my fave! Have you read the book? Different, but also wonderful.

I actually really loved "The Holiday." Another recent favorite is "Knocked Up," but I guess that one''s halfway between romantic comedy and gross-out comedy!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 7:24:21 PM
Author: musey

Me too, it''s definitely my fave! Have you read the book? Different, but also wonderful.

I actually really loved ''The Holiday.'' Another recent favorite is ''Knocked Up,'' but I guess that one''s halfway between romantic comedy and gross-out comedy!

Oh...knocked up. I need to see that, I have been told it is great!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Wedding Planner

Sweet Home Alabama

While you were Sleeping

Two Weeks Notice

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good recommendations! For TV movies, there's always:

The Hallmark Channel

ABC Family Channel (my personal favorite) -- especially between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

OH! -- The "Oxygen" Channel (occasionally has some chickflcik movies...they seem to play one with Jennifer Love Hewitt a lot. It's called "Confessions of a Social Climber" or something like that)

Lifetime (although many of the movies on Lifetime aren't the feel good kinds of movies -- they're depressing and/or intense)

ETA: Serendipity (with John Cusack, Kate Beckinsale, and Jeremy Piven) is a great movie
In Her Shoes (with Cameron Diaz and Shirley McClaine)
Jerry McGuire

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check this out for more: http://www.filmsite.org/chickflicks.html

We just watched The Shop Around the Corner, which was the inspiration for You've Got Mail. It was pretty good.

There's also Father of the Bride, both the origninal and the one with Steve Martin

ETA: One of my favorites is Hope Floats with Harry Connick, Jr. and Sandra Bullock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are all great suggestions. Thanks so much. The Holiday was great. . . I loved it and cried during it.

Is anyone here really sentimental/emotional and easily brought to the slight of tears during movies? It''s kind of embarrassing for me since it happens in the movie theater all the time.

Has anyone seen "Dan in Real Life?" DH and I saw that a few days back and I LOVED it and was weeping away while he was BORED out of his mind. Poor guy!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 8:37:12 PM
Author: zoebartlett

We just watched The Shop Around the Corner, which was the inspiration for You''ve Got Mail. It was pretty good.

There''s also Father of the Bride, both the origninal and the one with Steve Martin
This is PERFECT! Thanks. It''s nice that they have a section for guys. . . maybe my dh will be more forgiving if I add a few movies in for him. He loves Sci Fi mostly, which is good. He''s not into anything too action packed in a brainless way. lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 8:45:18 PM
Author: MC

Date: 11/8/2007 8:37:12 PM

We just watched The Shop Around the Corner, which was the inspiration for You've Got Mail. It was pretty good.

There's also Father of the Bride, both the origninal and the one with Steve Martin
This is PERFECT! Thanks. It's nice that they have a section for guys. . . maybe my dh will be more forgiving if I add a few movies in for him. He loves Sci Fi mostly, which is good. He's not into anything too action packed in a brainless way. lol
Maybe he will watch the Princess Bride w/you. Or buy him the box set of X Files now out for the holidays. hehee My hubby is the same way; he hates chick flicks.
emotion-18.gif
I usually go w/my sister or a girlfriend to see those movies.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 7:24:21 PM
Author: musey

I actually really loved ''The Holiday.'' Another recent favorite is ''Knocked Up,'' but I guess that one''s halfway between romantic comedy and gross-out comedy!
I honestly can''t remember! I read a lot so it''s possible that I picked it up after seeing the movie and just don''t remember. I should get it anyway since I don''t remember
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where the Heart Is is so good...the movie that is! I have the book but I haven''t gotten around to reading it yet. I meant to read it right after watching the movie but it''s been years and I still haven''t read it. I did get the soundtrack and it''s good!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like all kinds of chick flicks. Two not mentioned here (which are kind of "period pieces")

Anne of Green Gables (Megan Follows version)
Pride and Prejudice (BBC version with Colin Firth)

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 10:25:22 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I like all kinds of chick flicks. Two not mentioned here (which are kind of ''period pieces'')

Omg, TG I drool over Colin Firth in that mini series, and just love the story in general.

3.gif
3.gif

I love that genre of movie, so will have to check out Anne of Green Gables.

Speaking of Colin Firth, while it''s not technically a chick flick- I really enjoyed Girl With a Pearl Earring- a beautiful film (and a good book as well). There is a scene in the movie where he brushes against Scarlett Johansen''s (sp?) hand that takes my breath away.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 10:32:53 PM
Author: labbielove

Date: 11/8/2007 10:25:22 PM
I like all kinds of chick flicks. Two not mentioned here (which are kind of ''period pieces'')

Omg, TG I drool over Colin Firth in that mini series, and just love the story in general.

3.gif
3.gif

I love that genre of movie, so will have to check out Anne of Green Gables.

Speaking of Colin Firth, while it''s not technically a chick flick- I really enjoyed Girl With a Pearl Earring- a beautiful film (and a good book as well). There is a scene in the movie where he brushes against Scarlett Johansen''s (sp?) hand that takes my breath away.
Labbielove, Anne of Green Gables is not exactly in the same genre....but it is a piece where women where dresses and what not. The main character is HIGHLY annoying at first, and some may find the story slow. But I just love the movie...it''s a coming of age piece.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
The American President is my favorite chick flick. It''s been on TBS the last few weeks so I''ve watched it a couple of times lately.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows) soooooo many times and I love it each time. The later movies with her (as Anne and Gilbert get older) aren''t quite as good in my opinion, but I still watch them whenever they''re on. My original copy of Anne of Green Gables was on VHS and it''s so old it''s worn out. The DVD is on my Christmas wish list.

Speaking of period movies, has anyone mentioned Little Women (any version but I actually like the one with Susan Sarandon and Natalie Portman)? Very good!

Then there''s Emma, Vanity Fair, and Sense and Sense and Sensibility (wasn''t Keira Knightley in that one?). Reese Witherspoon was in one not too long ago but I can''t remember which one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 6:15:24 AM
I've seen Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows) soooooo many times and I love it each time. The later movies with her (as Anne and Gilbert get older) aren't quite as good in my opinion, but I still watch them whenever they're on. My original copy of Anne of Green Gables was on VHS and it's so old it's worn out. The DVD is on my Christmas wish list.

Speaking of period movies, has anyone mentioned Little Women (any version but I actually like the one with Susan Sarandon and Natalie Portman)? Very good!

Then there's Emma, Vanity Fair, and Sense and Sense and Sensibility (wasn't Keira Knightley in that one?). Reese Witherspoon was in one not too long ago but I can't remember which one.
Zoe, I too am crazy about anything 'Anne' with an E!! The only movies I have seen are Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea ( with MF and Jonathon Crombie). I wish I could see the later ones where apparently Gilbert goes off to war, but I have also heard they aren't as good. I have read most of the books and have been lucky enough to have read Anne's House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside and Rilla of Ingleside too. Those were as charming as the earlier books.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I loved watching Anne of Green Gables when I was little with my mum :) fond memories :)

Fave Chick Flicks

The Notebook
Sound of Music (not sure if you can classify that as one)
Beaches
Love Actually
Stardust
Pretty Woman
My best friends wedding

My god there are so many more I can''t think of them all :razz:

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Love Actually
The Notebook
Fools Rush In
Moulin Rouge
What Dreams May Come
Ever After
Waiting to Exhale
Across the Universe

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love the movie Ghost..

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if it''s already been posted, but I scanned through and didn''t see

Bridget Jones''s Diary

I loved the book SO much, there was no way I thought the movie could measure up but it did

same with

Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood

great book, also liked the movie

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 6:38:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

I''ve seen Anne of Green Gables (with Megan Follows) soooooo many times and I love it each time. The later movies with her (as Anne and Gilbert get older) aren''t quite as good in my opinion, but I still watch them whenever they''re on. My original copy of Anne of Green Gables was on VHS and it''s so old it''s worn out. The DVD is on my Christmas wish list.

Then there''s Emma, Vanity Fair, and Sense and Sense and Sensibility (wasn''t Keira Knightley in that one?). Reese Witherspoon was in one not too long ago but I can''t remember which one.
Zoe, I too am crazy about anything ''Anne'' with an E!! The only movies I have seen are Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea ( with MF and Jonathon Crombie). I wish I could see the later ones where apparently Gilbert goes off to war, but I have also heard they aren''t as good. I have read most of the books and have been lucky enough to have read Anne''s House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside and Rilla of Ingleside too. Those were as charming as the earlier books.
I own the first two DVDs and although it''s been a few years since I''ve seen them, I''ve seen Anne of Green Gables at least 30 times. I never get sick of it, and I can''t figure out why!

I''ve been wanting to see the last one, but I heard it''s pretty disappointing.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oops, double post

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/9/2007 10:44:20 AM

Date: 11/9/2007 6:38:53 AM
Author: Lorelei

Zoe, I too am crazy about anything ''Anne'' with an E!! The only movies I have seen are Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea ( with MF and Jonathon Crombie). I wish I could see the later ones where apparently Gilbert goes off to war, but I have also heard they aren''t as good. I have read most of the books and have been lucky enough to have read Anne''s House of Dreams, Anne of Ingleside and Rilla of Ingleside too. Those were as charming as the earlier books.
I own the first two DVDs and although it''s been a few years since I''ve seen them, I''ve seen Anne of Green Gables at least 30 times. I never get sick of it, and I can''t figure out why!

I''ve been wanting to see the last one, but I heard it''s pretty disappointing.
From what I can make out, they have used parts of later stories for inspiration for the last movie. It seems like Gilbert goes off to war and is missing, then Anne goes off to find him - correct me if I am wrong those in the know! In the original Lucy Maud M stories, it is actually Anne''s second son Walter who goes off to the 1st WW in France and is killed. It is a shame as I would like to see the last one, but I don''t think I will go out of my way to do so.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results