shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Brand of Jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
True Religion, Rocks & Republic, Sevens, Citizens

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paige, it''s practically all I wear. I buy about 1-2 pairs a year and wear them until they are completely worn out. They fit me very well. I like the hollywood hills style, laurel canyon, and the pico.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 11:20:21 AM
Author: Bia
Banana Republic has good jeans, always long enough and room in the hips. Express too. Gap, is hit or miss for me.

I tried on a couple of pairs there, and I find that their "regulars" are too short, and their "longs" are too long. I swear there is like a 4 inch difference.

I''m opposed to getting them hemmed because I''m stubborn, and at 5''10"... i shouldn''t have to hem.
11.gif
2.gif

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I love Ann Taylor Loft jeans, they''re so nice! I had to get them tailored because I''m so short, but they''re wonderful to wear.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Of the jeans that I wear on a regular basis, I would have to say the Sevens are my favorites followed by my Levi 527s. Levi''s from an actual Levi store are still hard to beat.

I was told that Gap is getting all new jeans in August and i''m willing to bet they are going to be pretty good. Everything has gotten better since Patrick Robinson took over the designing.

I will admit that while I like the dark washes that Rock and Republic and True Religion offer, I refuse to buy them because I don''t like the logos on the back pockets.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I have a really hard time finding nice-fitting jeans because I have no butt or hips and I always get that puckering at the side of the hips when I walk. I discovered J Brand jeans a few years ago and my collection has been growing ever since!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I love True Religion and Diesel and can get them inexpensively when in Asia. (currently have a buddah on my butt, hope that is not offensive...) BR also rocks for tall folks. And I am sorry less height endowed folks, but get them hemmed, its like $7 at the drycleaners. Taller folks need that length, you can always cut them down, but what can we do, sew on a ruffle like my mom did when I was little?
Bia, I''m 5''10" too and BR tall are just perfect, but I am all leg, rather dwarvish on top in order to really accentuate my apelike arms. sigh, we all have our issues.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 3:06:09 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Paige, it''s practically all I wear. I buy about 1-2 pairs a year and wear them until they are completely worn out. They fit me very well. I like the hollywood hills style, laurel canyon, and the pico.
Ditto. Just bought another pair of Paige jeans last night.

I originally only heard about them from Mara, and I haven''t bought another brand since. Love them!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Fidelity. Love them....

Second pic would be my Rock n'' Republic.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
ive always only ever wore gap essentials because they were the only ones i could find to fit....my friend got me a pair of sevens and im HOOKED. i cant wait to buy more! too bad they are so pricey, but worth every cent!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what is the brand of them $300 jeans?

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Another Joe''s provacateur lover here!

Why, at 5''7", I need to buy petite pants is beyond me, though!? I have the stumpiest legs with curvy hips and thighs to boot and Joe''s are the only brand that fit me just right. The provacateur fits perfect with flats.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7 for all mankind here. I don''t have a waist or hips. I''m just. straight. These jeans make me look as though I might have a curve or two.
2.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hudson, COH, Paige, and Earnest Sewn. I love my denim. Live in it!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 4:20:44 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Date: 5/21/2009 3:06:09 PM

Author: kcoursolle

Ditto. Just bought another pair of Paige jeans last night.

I originally only heard about them from Mara, and I haven''t bought another brand since. Love them!
+1 for Paige Premium Denim! I absolutely love my Laurel Canyon dark wash jeans--they have a little Lycra in them, so they never get stretched out. I also love my Seven A-Pockets, but I have to wash them after every wear, and my butt start to look saggy by the end of the day.

Two designer jeans savings tips: first, buy them somewhere where they will hem them for free (like Nordstrom''s). Most designer jeans come with a 35" inseam--I usually have them taken up 5-6"--which can be an annoying added expense for those of us not vertically blessed. Second, when you find a style and size that consistently fits you well, try finding a new pair being sold on eBay. I have bought two pairs of brand-new Paige jeans for about half price that way.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 8:53:25 PM
Author: House Cat
7 for all mankind here. I don''t have a waist or hips. I''m just. straight. These jeans make me look as though I might have a curve or two.
2.gif
That is how I am too. I have no hips at all! Usually I wear a camisole or tank under every sweater or shirt and have it stick out at the bottom creating a horizontal line making the illusion of hips.

I buy one pair of designer jeans every 4-6 months. I only bought one pair this season, though, because all the ones I have have lasted SO long and still fit excellently.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I love sevens as well... I also like COH and i LOVE rock'n'republic...

I do have hips and a butt as well and I think these jeans still look good on me. I never wear skinny jeans though.. and I can't normally wear the sevens with the a's on the pocket because they don't fit me in my size, it's just the style.

I also do love old navy jeans that I buy all the time because they are so cheap and if I am fluctuating between sizes, it's convenient!

ETA: I have never, NEVER bought these jeans full price. I wait for them to go on sale at this jeans boutique in the downtown of my area, and you can get any brand for 50 bucks. I buy all my jeans then!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own paiges, joe''s and lucky''s and the lucky''s are my favorite. totally depends on your body type though...

smiles

Shiny_Rock
+1 for Paige!!

The store I work at sells pretty much all the "designer" brands mentioned so far and here is my advice ( not that it was really asked for) having seen many different women try them on and learning a bit about the brands.

Seven For all Mankind make a great casual every denim. They will stretch out a good half size and you will have to wash them pretty much after every wear.
Citizens of Humanity are the most similar to Sevens because the guy who started it came from working for the Sevens brand. They do not stretch out as much as sevens.
Rock and Republic are very long (36inch inseam) and are very narrow in the leg as well as have a low rise. They look fantastic on tall skinny people and good on small petite people. They are also a very thin denim and are pront to ripping under the butt area.
Joe''s are great for petite and or hippy/curvy girls.
Paige do not really stretch out at all so buy them comfortable. (Fun fact: Paige used to be a model and Levi''s when they were the coolest thing ever, has Paige as their butt model so the jeans were all made to make a butt like hers look good. Result: She makes THE BEST bum jeans. )
J-Brand are great. They mostly make skinny jeans but make great dressier jeans.

All that I can think of for now.
Extra tip to add when buying the denim. Ask the store if they have any "warranty" on their jeans. I know where I work if your denim rips or has any defects within 6 months we will exchange it no questions asked (well a receipt but....) and for Rocks we give 1 year because they are so thin. The company loses no money because it is reimbursed by the brand itself since its a manufacturer''s defect. Might be worth asking just in case!!!

I hope this helps someone!!!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 2:01:26 PM
Author: MonkeyPie

Date: 5/21/2009 1:43:50 PM
Author: princesss

Date: 5/21/2009 1:27:02 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 5/21/2009 1:24:54 PM

Author: princesss

I love my jeans from Zara. Love them. But I think I need a new pair of jeans and unfortunately I can''t find/afford decent jeans for my shape. I''m an hourglass figure and I''ve got a big butt and thighs but a narrow waist and finding something that doesn''t show butt cleavage is my life goal right now.

Higher waisted pants/shorts are really hard to find these days! Try Loft. I think they are called the classic fit.

Will do! Muffin tops are not attractive, and nobody really needs to see my underoos. But apparently it''s totally uncool to not show off the least flattering parts of the average person''s body. It''s also why you can''t find shorts with longer than a 2'' inseam without paying major bucks for them. Because the whole world needs to see my cellulite.

LOL!
I have yet to find a really good pair of jeans. I''m chunky and short, all butt and hips, and apparently, thighs. I liked the Rider jeans from Wal-Mart, they don''t need hemming which for me is great, but they have a weird seam next to the zipper that wears at the outside over time and eventually makes a hole. It''s odd.
Monkey Pie, I love those Riders too, for the life of me I cannot spend too much money on jeans. I love them as I can buy jeans that are just the right length for me and fit my curvy butt and hips. I haven''t worn a pair out yet probably because I have so many pairs, every time I go to the states I buy at least 2 pairs.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE my Joe''s. The denim is so soft and I love how they fit. My second favorite would be my Paige jeans. If you''re looking for a pair of jeans that don''t stretch out, that would be Paige.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
I have hips and a bum, so Chip n Pepper (Stella), Citizens of Humanity (Ingrid and Faye cuts), Habitual and Rich & Skinny jeans seem to fit me best. For some unfair reason, Sevens never feel or look quite right on me, nor to Paige or Joe''s, even though I love their jeans. I also have a penchant for softer, thinner denim, which may be why I prefer the lines I do. I always try on every jean that I like in the store (sometimes that''s 20 pairs) and bring an honest, patient friend with me to tell me if my bum looks ookie.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve worn 7 for all Mankind, and tried on many more expensive brands, but right now I''m crazy for Loft jeans. They''re only around $60 per pair, and they fit me really well. I have an hourglass figure, and they fit me really well in the hips, but and waist.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Joe's Jeans are my new favorite. They are SO comfortable and oh so cute (I wear the honey and provocateur styles, but honey is my favorite).

I still love my Sevens, Lucky, and AG jeans though.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i love citizens and sevens and joe''s. the best thing is that they all make petites now that are actually petite for those of us who are vertically challenged. the seven petites fit perfectly and are the first jeans i''ve ever bought in my whole life that i didn''t need to hem! plus they make the butt look good.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite Jeans are Bebe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results