shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Brand of Jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I have been a Levi''s girl for a looong time now. They''ve always seemed to fit me well, and I love that they aren''t super-pricey. But... I need a few new pairs, since my two favorites are about ready to rip in some undesirable places, and I''m wondering if there''s another brand I should check out.

Any suggestions?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I love Old Navy jeans. They have a cut that fits my long legs, wide hips, and no butt.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
I love old navy jeans! They make my butt cuter than it is,lol. And BTW I switched to them from levis, too. Loved em for years, but theyve been of worse quality lately
7.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky makes my butt look really good, so they''re my fav.

I also like J. Crew''s denim, but I need to get them hemmed because it seems like J. Crew thinks a size "short" corresponds to 5''6.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorites are Sevens of Mankind, Joes, and COH.

The brand of jeans really come down to how you''re built. I''m petite, with no rear or hips, so I always buy boot cut and they balance out my shape well.

(Jeans are "my thing," though, so I''ll spend a higher amount for a pair w/out hesitation. For other staples like sweaters and t-shirts, I buy less pricey items - ones at Old Navy and Banana Republic - yes, I will wear a $170 pair of jeans with a $15 t-shirt
2.gif
.)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I love Gap jeans. Wide leg, low rise are my favorites!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Joes Jeans. I get them at the Off 5th (saks) outlet near me. The petite provocateur is the perfect length for me in flats.

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Depends on your body type, but I love the Mossimo jeans from Target. Only around $30, cheaper if on sale, but they are very flattering :) Lucky''s aren''t bad either- I have a pair in the boot cut I believe and they''re very comfy and look good with a pair of flip flops (lol, I''m in Cali- I swear we wear flip flops at least half the year!).

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m a fan of Citezens or MissMe''s. I have a small waist and wider hips.. These are the only jeans I have found that REALLY fit me well.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I also love Gap jeans, the ''Long and Lean'' cut specifically.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Banana Republic has good jeans, always long enough and room in the hips. Express too. Gap, is hit or miss for me.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 11:14:29 AM
Author: girlie-girl
I also love Gap jeans, the ''Long and Lean'' cut specifically.
1.gif
Those are great, I love them, too. All my pricier pairs are Sevens. Also, if you''re near a Madewell 1937 store, their denim is fantabulous and affordable.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Sevens. They are pricier but last a long time and even adjust to slight changes in shape (post preggo body for example!). I love them and consider them an investment!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Nudies Jeans a lot.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Another Joe's fan here. Love their provocateur jeans.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a huge fan of the Joe''s Provocateur jeans - I''m about 5''3" and they are perfect without a hem for me in heels, which I wear most of the time. The Harvey wash are probably my favorite pairs of jeans - they are this super soft denim, so comfy but still flattering
9.gif

I''m also a big fan of Citizens of Humanity - their classic cuts, the Faye and the Ingrid, are really flattering.

If you don''t want to spend that much, I like J Crew jeans as well - they are flattering and well-made, IMO.

I''ve also recently discovered Nordstrom''s house brand (Caslon) jeans - they are pretty inexpensive, about $48 regular price, and they fit well and are comfy. Nordie''s is having a huge sale right now, so they might be even cheaper
2.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Paige Premium Denim. Makes me look like I have a butt.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taverniti So, Miss Me, True Religion and Citizens. Nothing else fits me so well!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 11:14:26 AM
Author: OUpeargirl
I''m a fan of Citezens or MissMe''s. I have a small waist and wider hips.. These are the only jeans I have found that REALLY fit me well.
I''m the exact same!

I had so much trouble finding any jeans that fit until I let myself look at slightly higher-end brands (like Citizens, etc.). The more expensive brands always fit better. What''s up with that?!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 10:51:45 AM
Author: misskitty
Lucky makes my butt look really good, so they''re my fav.

I also like J. Crew''s denim, but I need to get them hemmed because it seems like J. Crew thinks a size ''short'' corresponds to 5''6.

DITTO exactly what you said about Lucky''s and J.Crew! I like Paige Jeans too, but they''re kinda pricey.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My new favorite jeans are from Ann Taylor Loft. They are my first pair from there and they were on sale (I think $30) so I figured I would try them on. They fit PERFECTLY. I didn''t even have to get them hemmed. Plus they do not stretch out right away like my Gap jeans too. I HATE that!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:05:36 PM
Author: musey
Date: 5/21/2009 11:14:26 AM

Author: OUpeargirl

I''m the exact same!

I had so much trouble finding any jeans that fit until I let myself look at slightly higher-end brands (like Citizens, etc.). The more expensive brands always fit better. What''s up with that?!

Haha I don''t know! It''s worth the price to me so that I don''t have the awkward gaping in the back that occurs when I have ill-fitting jeans!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love my jeans from Zara. Love them. But I think I need a new pair of jeans and unfortunately I can''t find/afford decent jeans for my shape. I''m an hourglass figure and I''ve got a big butt and thighs but a narrow waist and finding something that doesn''t show butt cleavage is my life goal right now.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:24:54 PM
Author: princesss
I love my jeans from Zara. Love them. But I think I need a new pair of jeans and unfortunately I can''t find/afford decent jeans for my shape. I''m an hourglass figure and I''ve got a big butt and thighs but a narrow waist and finding something that doesn''t show butt cleavage is my life goal right now.

Higher waisted pants/shorts are really hard to find these days! Try Loft. I think they are called the classic fit.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So many brands mentioned that I have never even tried on. Glad I asked. I am off work all next week and will have fun trying on some new stuff...
1.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, one more piece of advice for denim shopping: last time I bought jeans, the sales girl told me that I should try on at least 3 pairs of the same size, because they''ll fit ever so slightly differently due to the wash, distressing, etc. She was totally right, too -- it''s those little differences in fit that can make a pair your "favorite."

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:27:02 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Higher waisted pants/shorts are really hard to find these days! Try Loft. I think they are called the classic fit.
Will do! Muffin tops are not attractive, and nobody really needs to see my underoos. But apparently it''s totally uncool to not show off the least flattering parts of the average person''s body. It''s also why you can''t find shorts with longer than a 2" inseam without paying major bucks for them. Because the whole world needs to see my cellulite.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 1:43:50 PM
Date: 5/21/2009 1:27:02 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Will do! Muffin tops are not attractive, and nobody really needs to see my underoos. But apparently it''s totally uncool to not show off the least flattering parts of the average person''s body. It''s also why you can''t find shorts with longer than a 2'' inseam without paying major bucks for them. Because the whole world needs to see my cellulite.

LOL!
I have yet to find a really good pair of jeans. I''m chunky and short, all butt and hips, and apparently, thighs. I liked the Rider jeans from Wal-Mart, they don''t need hemming which for me is great, but they have a weird seam next to the zipper that wears at the outside over time and eventually makes a hole. It''s odd.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I buy cheap jeans - and I LOVE Hydraulics. I need jeans that aren''t ultra low, but the waist and hips need to be on the wider side (and similar in width) and then taper in at the thigh (this is the most impossible shape ever), so I loooove the stretch in hydraulics, because they can actually work with my ridiculous combo.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Another Lucky jeans fan here--I was a huge fan of their Lola jean, but I have now switched over to the Zoe cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results