shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall Shopping - What''s on your list?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, it''s harder to find photos than I thought! The coat I first really wanted was the Elie Tahari one in a slightly richer purple shade.

(Actually, that reminds me of a question I''ve long had that perhaps *someone* who visits the "shopping" section would know, LOL: is "Tahari (by Arthur Levine)" and "Elie Tahari" related in any way?) Does anyone know?

Carbonlove

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 2:11:45 PM
Author: Mediterranean
My short-list must haves:

Burberry wool/cashmere coat. I''m currently wavering between red and black.

Christian Louboutin Hermitage Boots in Black (suede) ---**UPDATE** cross these off the list, I ordered ''em!!! Pre-ordered ''em, actually....I have to wait
7.gif

''Sloane'' bag from Bottega Veneta (I''m searching high and low for one in black)

Oh oh! Those boots sound hot!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 9:33:18 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Hmm, it''s harder to find photos than I thought! The coat I first really wanted was the Elie Tahari one in a slightly richer purple shade.

(Actually, that reminds me of a question I''ve long had that perhaps *someone* who visits the ''shopping'' section would know, LOL: is ''Tahari (by Arthur Levine)'' and ''Elie Tahari'' related in any way?) Does anyone know?
Love the coat!

I did a search and here is what I came up with regarding Tahari:
http://www.vividon.com/reviewguide.cfm?guide=813

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 2:30:12 PM
Author: Libster

I did a search and here is what I came up with regarding Tahari:

http://www.vividon.com/reviewguide.cfm?guide=813

Wow, Libster, thanks! Wow, part of Kasper and Jones New York... no wonder why the cut quality seems so different, but that their colors always seem to have the same source inspiration.

So quick question for all the ladies: what do you think the leg trends will be this fall? Will we see black tights, colored tights, or footless leggings primarily? Booties, granny shoes, or full-length boots primarily? Any color trends?

f-d-l

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely need to update my jeans as well, but I am kind of getting the sense around here that the peak of freshness this year is going to be a long skinny jean with long, narrow ankles. However, when you''re built more like a (size 4/6) Charlize Theron rather than (size 0/2) Kate Moss, are you just voluntarily smacking yourself with the "fashion victim" stick?

NordSkinnyJeans.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like Gap''s new Low Rise Bell jean, they''re kinda hot.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Penn!

I got gold peeps and silver peeps today. Just thought you might want to know!
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Of course! Work ''em!

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I have been wanting a pair of Frye boots forever and I am determined to get a pair this season. I would also like a new handbag and many of J Crew''s cords.....I JUST LOVE THEM!!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, is it totally obvious that I''m jonesing to update away from an over-reliance on black to purple hues this year?

I am *seriously* tempted by this Christian Louboutin clutch-- wouldn''t the purple look spectacular with one of those purple coats we''re seeing *everywhere* this year?:

Louboutin clutch.jpg

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Mediterranean, you simply *MUST* post a real-life photo of the Hermitage boots when they arrive!
36.gif

f-d-l

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I am more a buy on impulse than a make a list kind of person but I do need a brown bag. I really don''t need anything else new. I mostly take my daughters to preschool and go to the gym. I might pick up a pair of Wellie rain boots. So far I have bought a Maxmara sweater. I have a really hard time dressing because I am supersensitive to fabrics and I can''t wear any wool at all. So that keeps me from buying much.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I really need a new pair of jeans...but, I did eye the new LV collection Mahina...obviously not going to happen on my more limited budget (working plus doctoral program!)...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 2:23:02 AM
Author: UCLABelle
I really need a new pair of jeans...but, I did eye the new LV collection Mahina...obviously not going to happen on my more limited budget (working plus doctoral program!)...

Go to the Gap, it''s seriously becoming my new favorite store. The women''s stuff is amazing.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 4:19:13 AM
Author:pennquaker09
What key pieces do you plan to add to your wardrobe this fall?
funny, i just made my list today!

kitchen gloves (er, not that fashionable!!)
new "fancy" towels
3 work shirts
1 new pair of work slacks
1 new pair of jeans
2 pairs of boots
2 sweaters
1 pair of high heals
new headbands
new peacoat jacket

ETA- Freek I LOOOVVVe peeps too! i have small feet and ugly toes so peeps are just WONDERFUL for me! i can show off my big toe and not worry about anything else! I used to have a pair of Nine West black peeps that were to DIE FOR. damn dog chewed them up *grrrrrrrrr*.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What a fun thread
9.gif

I''ve been SUPER busy with job interviews (and preparing for interviews) and I''ve not had much time to shop, but I did have a couple of bathing suit bottoms to return to J Crew today and I exchanged them for some cords (they have great slim bootcut ones!) and a cute argyle sweater, and this ADORABLE jacket in navy - its so cute in person, and will go perfectly over jeans or a skirt and tights:

Now I just have to find some cute, shorter wool skirts for Fall to wear with tights that won''t break the bank...

jcrewjacketfall08.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Have any of you looked on Bluefly lately?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:19:06 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Have any of you looked on Bluefly lately?

I just bought three tops from there!
3.gif

Things to Buy:

1) Coach purse (can''t waste a 25% off coupon!)

2) iPhone??? I can''t decide if I should hold out for a new Blackberry or just bite the bullet and get an iPhone.

I got rid of a lot of things to buy on my list today though - went shopping, bought a black leather bag for interviews, bought pumps that fit!!! (actually fit TOO well - they kind of pinch - but oh well, it''s not everyday you find pumps to fit size 4 feet!), another suit, with two different types of skirts, a blouse (i have a TON of interviews coming up!)....

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww!!! Happy Feet!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new Prada blouse--nice blue red, not the orange the picture shows. It is devine on.

blouse1.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
new Zanotti''s that are unbelievably comfortable.

heels1.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
great shoes that I got on sale at Saks in JUly. Weitzmans that fit so well....

heels2.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am I the only one shopping??? hheeeehhee Picked up a great Teenflo Suit today (skirt, slacks) wonderful anthracite color, hint of a pinstripe. A-line skirt that is showing this fall and narrow hip/wide leg flat panel low rise slacks. Great fit! Think I''ll wear the Prada blouse, skirt and black Zanotti shoes to a party tomorrow night....

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful shoes and top Sharon!!! I haven''t shopped for myself, just for others. It is still warm out so when it cools off I will be shopping for sure!!!
3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Miss Skippy! Yanno, I think I''ll wear the new suit/skirt tonight to a party tonight--now if I could only get Ellen to send me her Gram''s jewels to borrow--that pin would be devin on my lapel.....purple and grey? Hint of red in the blouse???? yumyum
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 12:07:15 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Thanks Miss Skippy! Yanno, I think I''ll wear the new suit/skirt tonight to a party tonight--now if I could only get Ellen to send me her Gram''s jewels to borrow--that pin would be devin on my lapel.....purple and grey? Hint of red in the blouse???? yumyum
30.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL!!!
41.gif
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 12:21:05 PM
Author: Lorelei

HI:

30.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL!!!
41.gif
9.gif
HI:

So you are thinkin that''s a NO?
2.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 12:42:53 PM

Date: 8/31/2008 12:21:05 PM
Author: Lorelei

HI:

30.gif

cheers--Sharon
LOL!!!
41.gif
9.gif
HI:

So you are thinkin that''s a NO?
2.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon
NO! I fink it should be a YES!!
face20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results