shape
carat
color
clarity

etiquette question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 9:29:41 AM
Author: waterlilly
no one has asked cost yet, of course my closest girl friends know all the specs...I think if anyone comes out and asks price, I''d have no prob giving a snippy answer or a ''why would you ask that?''!

See, I would have no problem shutting down the question of how much my ring cost! I''ve always thought asking someone how much something cost was kind of rude. I have a relative that does that a lot, and it drives me crazy! When I''m around her, I feel like I am covered with price tags or something, because she''s ALWAYS asking "how much did that cost?" or "what did you pay for THAT?" You know...like she wouldn''t have spent 50 cents on whatever it is...lol!

Waterlilly, you shouldn''t feel as if you have to answer any questions about your ring that you don''t want to answer. That''s the bottom line. People should just compliment your ring and leave it at that. If they can''t do that, it''s THEIR problem, not yours. Any information you want to give them is at your discretion, and I wouldn''t fret over it one little bit.

Some people seem to think that the more money spent on something, the better it must be. You should be prepared...if they manage to get you to tell them how big your diamond is, the next logical question is probably going to be what did you spend on it. Especially the kind of people you were talking about who seem to want to talk about money all of the time, and put a price tag on everything they own.
20.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like the "why do you ask" response, except that in my family there would be a resounding, "because we want to KNOW!" If people are unabashedly nosey, that won''t even phase them.

If that''s the case you can always say something like, "I don''t know exactly, but it sure is lovely and I really enjoy wearing it! I think he did a great job picking it out for me!"

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to come back to this discussion because I''ve only been engaged for three days but I''ve already gotten the same question a few times. I really am shocked, although perhaps I shouldn''t be, but I did not expect people to be so rude.

The first shocker:
As is customary in my department at work, I brought in treats on Monday to share with everyone as a celebration of our engagement. As soon as one of my colleagues found out she ran up to me, hugged me, and then grabbed my hand and stuck her engagement ring right next to mine and yelled "Your rock is bigger than mine! How big is it?! Oh my gosh it''s huge! Is it over one and a half?!" I was mortified, and I just stood there for a moment and gaffed. Then I composed myself and said something like "Well, it''s the perfect size for my hand, don''t you think?"

Guess what she said--"And how big is the perfect size?!"

"Wouldn''t you like to know." And then I winked and walked away. Good thing the first hour bell was about to ring, talk about saved by the bell.

The second shocker:
One of my peers in graduate school ran up to me last night to see the ring, and once she saw it she exclaimed "Wow, that must have set him back a nice chunk of change. You''ll probably be seeing that ring on credit card statement a few years into the marriage!" I said "Well, we never buy anything on credit" and walked to my seat. She followed me! She sat down next to me and pursued the no-buying-on-credit issue, as if she didn''t believe me. In retrospect I know that was the wrong response, but it''s all I could think of in the moment.

Why? Why do they think it''s okay to ask these questions?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 10:40:16 AM
Author: Haven
I had to come back to this discussion because I''ve only been engaged for three days but I''ve already gotten the same question a few times. I really am shocked, although perhaps I shouldn''t be, but I did not expect people to be so rude.

The first shocker:
As is customary in my department at work, I brought in treats on Monday to share with everyone as a celebration of our engagement. As soon as one of my colleagues found out she ran up to me, hugged me, and then grabbed my hand and stuck her engagement ring right next to mine and yelled ''Your rock is bigger than mine! How big is it?! Oh my gosh it''s huge! Is it over one and a half?!'' I was mortified, and I just stood there for a moment and gaffed. Then I composed myself and said something like ''Well, it''s the perfect size for my hand, don''t you think?''

Guess what she said--''And how big is the perfect size?!''

''Wouldn''t you like to know.'' And then I winked and walked away. Good thing the first hour bell was about to ring, talk about saved by the bell.

The second shocker:
One of my peers in graduate school ran up to me last night to see the ring, and once she saw it she exclaimed ''Wow, that must have set him back a nice chunk of change. You''ll probably be seeing that ring on credit card statement a few years into the marriage!'' I said ''Well, we never buy anything on credit'' and walked to my seat. She followed me! She sat down next to me and pursued the no-buying-on-credit issue, as if she didn''t believe me. In retrospect I know that was the wrong response, but it''s all I could think of in the moment.

Wow, that''s ghastly behaviour, really.
29.gif
I''m a lot older than you, perhaps I''d have given her/them an earful complete with expletives and all.
11.gif

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Whoa, Haven...I think you handled those questions pretty well. I never cease to be amazed at how rude (insensitive, clueless, or whatever...) people can be with nosey questions. I wouldn''t be upset if my best friend, or my sister asked me those kind of questions, but a co-worker or a casual aquaintance???

Here''s another way of answering one of those questions. I don''t know how well this would work, but you could always say "You go first...I''ll tel you how big (or how much) if you tell me first" and then chuckle. Maybe the other person won''t like being asked any more than you do, and they will just let it drop?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lyra--it''s funny that you mention age, my grandmother (who forced me to attend elocution classes as a young girl) always says "Mind your manners, dear. That is, until you get old enough to give ''em hell." It''s funny, and apparently true! I''ll be 27 next month--how much longer do I have to keep up this manners charade?!
11.gif

Sipper--I love your advice, I will definitely try that if (gasp!) there is a "next time." The coworker, however, screamed out that hers is one and a quarter somewhere during her rant. Apparently she doesn''t care much about sharing.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 10:40:16 AM

The first shocker:
As is customary in my department at work, I brought in treats on Monday to share with everyone as a celebration of our engagement. As soon as one of my colleagues found out she ran up to me, hugged me, and then grabbed my hand and stuck her engagement ring right next to mine and yelled ''Your rock is bigger than mine! How big is it?! Oh my gosh it''s huge! Is it over one and a half?!'' I was mortified, and I just stood there for a moment and gaffed. Then I composed myself and said something like ''Well, it''s the perfect size for my hand, don''t you think?''

Guess what she said--''And how big is the perfect size?!''

''Wouldn''t you like to know.'' And then I winked and walked away. Good thing the first hour bell was about to ring, talk about saved by the bell.

The second shocker:
One of my peers in graduate school ran up to me last night to see the ring, and once she saw it she exclaimed ''Wow, that must have set him back a nice chunk of change. You''ll probably be seeing that ring on credit card statement a few years into the marriage!'' I said ''Well, we never buy anything on credit'' and walked to my seat. She followed me! She sat down next to me and pursued the no-buying-on-credit issue, as if she didn''t believe me. In retrospect I know that was the wrong response, but it''s all I could think of in the moment.

YEESH!!!
33.gif
my gosh, i don''t even know what to say, i''m dumbfounded anyone could behave this way!!! truly, where have our manners and dignity and priorities gone to?

ha! you could alway say ''there''s only one place i know of where it''s appropriate to share such details.... it''s called pricescope! and p.s - it''s anonymous!''
2.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. Do I have no manners? I love to know how big the diamonds are because they look much different in real life on the finger than in the store or in pictures. I would never ask how much because that is rather impolite, IMHO, but why not the size? I love diamonds and I''m always curious about how different carat weights & shapes look on the hand. After all, here on PS, we get all the details of the stones and in millimeters! I do try to preface my questions with the statement about my total obsession with all things that bling LOL.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 10:56:59 AM
Lyra--it''s funny that you mention age, my grandmother (who forced me to attend elocution classes as a young girl) always says ''Mind your manners, dear. That is, until you get old enough to give ''em hell.'' It''s funny, and apparently true! I''ll be 27 next month--how much longer do I have to keep up this manners charade?!
11.gif

Sipper--I love your advice, I will definitely try that if (gasp!) there is a ''next time.'' The coworker, however, screamed out that hers is one and a quarter somewhere during her rant. Apparently she doesn''t care much about sharing.
Well dear, after 40, and especially after 45, *anything* is acceptable, really. I didn''t even learn how to swear until I was 40.
12.gif
In time you''ll understand the concept much better.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/12/2007 11:09:57 AM
Author: baby monster
Ok. Do I have no manners? I love to know how big the diamonds are because they look much different in real life on the finger than in the store or in pictures. I would never ask how much because that is rather impolite, IMHO, but why not the size? I love diamonds and I''m always curious about how different carat weights & shapes look on the hand. After all, here on PS, we get all the details of the stones and in millimeters! I do try to preface my questions with the statement about my total obsession with all things that bling LOL.
It may be an age thing again. I never ask for details, but I keep an eagle eye out all the time. I always compliment the nice rings, never ask questions out loud. I think I know by now how to judge size pretty accurately, and with PS knowledge, I can estimate the rest, including costs. But I never let on of course.
21.gif

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I just LOVE this topic..

I am a LIW... but I was once engaged in my ''previous'' life.

I also have some relatives who like to know all about $$$..

At the time the guy I was with had an uncle who was a jewelwer.. so I was given a very very pretty 1 carat, H&A RB that sparkled like no ones business.. These relatives all sported stones that were 2 carats with a much poorer cut.. but to them bigger was better..

When I was first engaged they just said oh it''s cute... then one day one of the OLDER relatives cornered me and starting firing questions about my ring.. She went as far to say.. it sparkles so much you must clean it all the time.. I said nope! It''s dirty now (it actually was) I wasn''t smart enough at the time to fire back with "why do you ask" when she asked me about the size...WHen I broke off my engagement this same older relative said to me oh that was a pebble of a ring anyway and I just looked at her like OMG!!!! She said oh I was kidding.. UH huh... hahah

At any rate.. I know I will be getting engaged soon and I also know that I will probably be recieving a ring with about the same size stone..I am just tickled that I have found my fairy tale guy! Whatever he gives me will be perfect because he is perfect for me.. I have sorta been mentally preparing myself for the day when I am asked again "what size is that"... I know in the past I felt very uncomfortable when I was cornered...So even though I thought it was strange to think about what I would say in advance.. I realized from this topic posted I''m not alone..

ROCK ON with the lady who said she is a size 6 and a double d!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, my post was in response the particular ways in which her colleagues conducted their inquiries, as well as to waterlily''s relatives whose motives are clearly inappropriate. i think all of us here feel as you do - being curious about size and details - but our motives are for the delight and enjoyment and beauty of diamonds, not for ''keeping up with the jones''. i think if you are discussing/asking for such details (not cost of course, that''s NEVER okay) with a close friend or family member who is just genuinely interested without judgement that is one thing, but even so there is a tactful way to do it (personally i just compliment them and hope they''ll offer me more details, and if not, i know i can always come here to get my diamond fix!). these ladies that haven spoke of lacked tact, and they were more intereseted in comparing their diamond and financial status to hers, rather than celebrating her engagement and sharing her excitement over the beautiful piece of jewelry that accompanied it.

i think we all can tell when a gal, like yourself it seems, is almost as excited as we are about our ring and just wants to share some of the joy of it. and we all know when someone is just being spiteful and competitive, and those are the folks i think waterlily is looking to rise above at her gathering.

suzi

Shiny_Rock

I think it probably depends on the circumstances. Like I said in a previous post, if it was my sister, or one of my BFFs, or someone else who is pretty close and familiar, I don''t think it would bother me too much if I was asked what size my diamond is. But for someone that I don''t really know, or someone to whom I''m only casually aquainted were to come out and ask me something like that (or any other sensitive type of question) yeah, I suppose I would think it showed a lack of manners. It''s kind of like asking a woman her age, or her weight or something like that IMO...just don''t go there...LOL!

I have had clerks in stores and people like that grab my hand and ask me what size my diamond is. Not saying it actually bothers me, but it does usually surprise me. Most of the time I just say it''s over a carat and leave it at that. So far, I haven''t had anyone who pressed it further than that, but if they DID and I was in any way uncomfortable about the question, I''d take my own advice and ask them why they ask, or why it''s so important for them to know. If they could give me a reasonable answer, I might go ahead and discuss the specs.

The rudest question that comes to mind that anyone has asked me was why I had a marquise instead of a round or a princess cut. I had to laugh at that one...
20.gif
. Even though I was a little offended by the question, I remember answering it anyway. I think I said something about liking the shape of the marquise best, and oh...I added that marquise stones usually look big for their carat weight...
31.gif
I''m not ashamed to admit that I like bang for my buck.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 11:33:14 PM
Author: Breezee
You can have fun in a situation like this and totally make them feel like jerks for asking the question. I would probably respond with something like this (take in mind this is a guys opinion):
Just wanted to point out that not everyone might be asking to be catty or to be a jerk, or be made to feel like one...

I remember before I got engaged I asked people what size their stones were because I admired them...and want to know what to aspire to!! I had no clue how to estimate a diamond's size before spending tons of time here on PS.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I feel too uncomfortable asking anyone (except here, a learning environment about those types of things) what size their stone is...not sure why. Maybe because as a whole, size is related to cost too directly and feel that in a way, it is assumed when you ask about size, you are asking about price at the same time.

People here know, size is not everything, but in the general publics perception, big diamond = big $. So, I just don't feel comfortable asking.

I guess its just good to know that different people feel differently about the topic, so you can be aware that it is a potentially unwelcome question.

So, new question: if one must ask, what is the classiest way to ask about size without offending or embarrassing someone?! Is that possible?

For me if the person said something like, "I'm in the market for a diamond myself and that size looks perfect! Do you mind if I ask how many carats it is?"

or

"I'm looking to buy a (another gemstone) in that same cut and size, do you mind if I ask how big that is?"

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 12:48:26 PM
Honestly, I feel too uncomfortable asking anyone (except here, a learning environment about those types of things) what size their stone is...not sure why. Maybe because as a whole, size is related to cost too directly and feel that in a way, it is assumed when you ask about size, you are asking about price at the same time.

People here know, size is not everything, but in the general publics perception, big diamond = big $. So, I just don''t feel comfortable asking.

I guess its just good to know that different people feel differently about the topic, so you can be aware that it is a potentially unwelcome question.

So, new question: if one must ask, what is the classiest way to ask about size without offending or embarrassing someone?! Is that possible?

For me if the person said something like, ''I''m in the market for a diamond myself and that size looks perfect! Do you mind if I ask how many carats it is?''

or

''I''m looking to buy a (another gemstone) in that same cut and size, do you mind if I ask how big that is?''

Oh, good question! I''ve not really had the idea of asking someone what size their diamond is, because I consider myself to be a pretty good judge when it comes to that sort of thing, but if I were to ask...I''d preface the question with a nice compliment, and then maybe I''d say something like, "I''d love to have a diamond of that size, would it be too presumptuous of me to ask what is the carat weight?" Somehow that comes off as being more polite IMO than grabbing someone''s hand and exclaiming "OMG, what size is your diamond!" The "phraseology" is very important in situations like this.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 12:48:26 PM

For me if the person said something like, ''I''m in the market for a diamond myself and that size looks perfect! Do you mind if I ask how many carats it is?''
I think I used to bring up the subject like this - ''I adore your ring and that size looks so good on your hand - if you don''t mind - and I will understand if you do mind and don''t want to say - but I''m curious as to what size that stone is because I have no clue. And I love it.''

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waterlilly--If you ask your question about size using either of your examples once you''ve gotten the feeling that it won''t be misconstrued as being rude, then I think it will be just fine. The most important thing is to know the person you are asking, and to be sure that they will take the question the right way.

I agree that not all people are asking because they are rude or catty, and when someone is genuinely excited or interested, it does show.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 1:01:45 PM
Waterlilly--If you ask your question about size using either of your examples once you''ve gotten the feeling that it won''t be misconstrued as being rude, then I think it will be just fine. The most important thing is to know the person you are asking, and to be sure that they will take the question the right way.

I agree that not all people are asking because they are rude or catty, and when someone is genuinely excited or interested, it does show.

I absolutely agree, the attitude of the person asking makes all the difference. Someone who is truly interested or admiring comes across so much differently than someone who is being nosey or catty. This is a fascinating subject for me for some reason. And it''s really made me think!

Has anyone noticed that often when you do give an answer to a rude or presumptuous question, it often invites more of the same? We went through this sort of thing a few years ago when we built our house. A lot of people were curious about the house, and asked us what it was costing to build. Most of the time it didn''t bother me to tell people. But there were a few, who upon receiving an answer to the question, felt as if they had a right to tell us that we were spending too much on our house, or felt that it was okay to then proceed to ask us where we were getting the money!
38.gif
Now, I really felt like that was not only rude, but uncalled for!

Has anyone ever had that sort of thing happen if they answered a question about the size (or the cost) of their diamond? Has anyone ever had people make comments about them spending too much, or getting a diamond that was too big? I wonder...

jfus

Shiny_Rock
I am acutally in a situation like that now..

I am 28 years old.. still living at home.. and I just bought my first home! Well it will be my home and FF home.. but for now I bought it on my own..

Anyway I am very excited I am having a brand new 3 bedroom townhouse built in the same town I live in now.. It will be ready next summer but in the meantime there are some models up that I have been over to numerous times... Anyway I took one of my "relatives" over to see it at her request and ofcourse she knows the cost of the house etc because it is posted everywhere.. but she questioned my FF monetary contributions to the new home and asked if I was putting the full 20% as a downpayment, but it WAS how she asked.. "Your not putting down 20% ARE YOU??" like where did you get that money from..

I just replied I have been saving my little tail off living at home to be able to do something just like this.. all my hard work has finally paid off. And that was that..

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, you made me feel better. I hope it shows that I am only interested in the stones and not in any way judgemental about their choices. I''d hate to offend people and I don''t ask complete strangers about their diamonds, only someone I know. However, I was coming down the escalator at work and the woman in front of me had the most spectacular earrings. The round stones were set in a bezel around the girdle, a la DBTY necklace, with french wires and they were huge! To my untrained eye they looked like at least 2.5ct per ear. I was dying to ask her about them but that would''ve been too weird.

Has anyone ever had that sort of thing happen if they answered a question about the size (or the cost) of their diamond? Has anyone ever had people make comments about them spending too much, or getting a diamond that was too big? I wonder...
My parents occasionally tell me that I spend too much on jewelry but nobody else ever made any comments.

ice_princess

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 11:50:24 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oh poo waterlily you answered my question....

I was gonna be all cute and say...JUST HOW BIG IS IT??? You reuined my perfect excuse for a laugh!

I just say, ''Oh you know about that big...and use my fingers like I am pinching it!!''
2.gif

If they ask how many carats it is...I say ''About a bushel''.

I know a lady...who answers ''I don''t know, but I wear a size 6 and a Double D incase you want to know how big I am''.
6.gif

DKS
Oh no, my stomach is aching from laughing. That is the best one I''ve heard so far. Good for her!!
face20.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 3:22:31 PM
Author: ice_princess
Date: 9/11/2007 11:50:24 PM

Author: door knob solitaire

Oh poo waterlily you answered my question....

I was gonna be all cute and say...JUST HOW BIG IS IT??? You reuined my perfect excuse for a laugh!

I just say, ''Oh you know about that big...and use my fingers like I am pinching it!!''
2.gif

If they ask how many carats it is...I say ''About a bushel''.

I know a lady...who answers ''I don''t know, but I wear a size 6 and a Double D incase you want to know how big I am''.
6.gif

DKS

Oh no, my stomach is aching from laughing. That is the best one I''ve heard so far. Good for her!!
face20.gif

I know, that IS the best answer!! Maybe if I get asked after a few glasses of wine!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 11:33:14 PM
Author: Breezee
You can have fun in a situation like this and totally make them feel like jerks for asking the question. I would probably respond with something like this (take in mind this is a guys opinion):

Them: ''So how big IS your diamond?''

You: Well... in the excitement of the moment of being proposed to by the love of my life and being asked to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams, it kind of made something like that which really isn''t that important in the grand scheme of things seem even less important. So, your guess is probably better than mine. As a matter of fact, I''m pretty sure your guess is right. Good to see you....

Them: Uhhh....
Haha, I really like this one!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
So far the only person who has discussed cost with me is my brother and it was a bit of a painful conversation.

He saw my e-ring on a visit and rang me later to ask some questions as he is wanting me to help him with an e-ring for his gf (who sadly used to work on the e-ring section at Tiff''s in London).

He said he thought my ring was lovely but the centre stone was not that big. It''s a 1.42ct tsavorite (8.25 x 5.75).

His budget is just under $6k max, and he wants a 3 stone ring with a big rb centre. When I told him what a diamond centre stone the size of mine would cost he nearly had a heart-attack! She also wants a platinum setting...
15.gif

Otherwise no-one asks, but they all think we must have spent $$$$ I have heard - because of my HUGE ''emerald''.
20.gif
Lol!

I would never ask what someone''s ring cost - I can normally hazard a fair guess anyway. But I will sometimes ask the size - but most girls in the UK with over 0.5ct will tell you anyway! I do go loopy over nice coloured stones though!

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 6:59:15 PM

Otherwise no-one asks, but they all think we must have spent $$$$ I have heard - because of my HUGE 'emerald'.
20.gif
Lol!

I would never ask what someone's ring cost - I can normally hazard a fair guess anyway. But I will sometimes ask the size - but most girls in the UK with over 0.5ct will tell you anyway! I do go loopy over nice coloured stones though!

Author: Pandora II
So far the only person who has discussed cost with me is my brother and it was a bit of a painful conversation.

He saw my e-ring on a visit and rang me later to ask some questions as he is wanting me to help him with an e-ring for his gf (who sadly used to work on the e-ring section at Tiff's in London).

He said he thought my ring was lovely but the centre stone was not that big. It's a 1.42ct tsavorite (8.25 x 5.75).

His budget is just under $6k max, and he wants a 3 stone ring with a big rb centre. When I told him what a diamond centre stone the size of mine would cost he nearly had a heart-attack! She also wants a platinum setting...
15.gif

yikes, that was a bit of a wake up call conversation, eh? i would imagine his gf at the time was also well aware of prices...hopefully she wasn't demanding a particular size with that budget...hope it all worked out!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
I think you should just answer excitedly, "I forget the size, but it''s an AGS triple-zero! You see there''s a bunch of factors that are more important for light performance than size, in particular the cut, symmetry, and polish. You can actually get reports on different aspects of light performance include megascope, brilliantscope, facetware...."

By then their eyes will be glazed over and they''ll be looking around frantically for an excuse to escape.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Chief Neil...granted it's no Double D,
but I think you have a winner! Hit them with details that will leave them dumb
23.gif
founded! Agh..Doh What?

Great reply!!

DKS

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
"How much do you weigh?"

Seriously, though, I think the "why do you ask?" with a baffled look as to why someone would be so rude could work.

Owning up to being a terrible person: I actually did once reply "How much do you weigh?" I said it to the one person I saw the monday after I got engaged who was less than thriled. She had never been polite to me, never mind kind. She was routinely rude and condescending in our work interactions. She didn''t ask excitedly, "how big is it?" she asked with disdain "How big is that?" After my retort, she went around announcing to anyone who would listen that she would NEVER want a ring over a carat because diamonds that big are tacky. (mine is 1.62)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so it's a Jewish holiday and I just got home from synagogue. Well, girls, I was thinking of you because here's what happened:

A woman I do not know came up to me because she heard I was engaged (news and identities apparently travel fast.) She said congratulations and then grabbed my hand and ooohed and aaaahed, and then asked "Wow, how big is that--a carat and a half? It looks huge." Well, no, I thought, it's 2 carats! But I didn't say anything.

Now, what do I say to that? Do I defend my little guy and tell her the real weight? Do I smile and say something demure and evasive? Lucky for me, my mother swooped in, winked, and said "Darling, you underestimate the weight of this beauty." And then she pulled me away.

So here's a subquestion--what do you do when people guess and they're off? I know I shouldn't care, but to be honest, it really annoyed me.

Other than this run-in, everyone else showered loads of compliments on my little guy, and they were just so happy and supportive. And those sanctuary lights--I swear they're better than Tiffany's!

ETA: Munchkin--Your coworker sounds unbearable--I'm so sorry you have to work with this person.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results