shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity design ideas: repurposing five 5-pointers

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an anniversary band with five G/H VS1 5-pointer rounds. I almost never wear it and I'd love to pluck those diamonds out and get an eternity or 3/4 eternity made. I'd love to see what others would do with them... I just need some ideas to consider! I love the bezel look, but I'm not sure if the 5 pointers would be too large for that-- I would want to occasionally stack this new eternity with my wedding set. I want the setting to be durable enough to wear daily, and not have the diamonds sticking out and rubbing against other bands.

Looks I love: round bezel, octogonal/hexagonal bezels with round diamonds inside (would be too large to stack with wedding set), shared prong, and I am thinking about something like this attached photo... what sort of setting is that, and would it be save to stack with other bands? It caught my eye on a favorite vendor of mine (with horrible photos).

Ideas to consider, pic and/or links would be greatly appreciated! Is a $1500 budget for this unrealistic for size 7.5 and a 3/4 eternity?

_16002.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry. I am unclear as to what you want. the band you posted is made with 1 pointers or so.

If you want something to make with your five pointers have you considered a DBTY bracelet or necklace?

If you want it in a ring then how about something like the below. Five 5 pointers alternated with Six 2 pointers would make a ring that is about half eternity for a size 7.5.

oOoOoOoOoOo

_16003.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, now that is an idea! hmmm. A DBTY bracelet or necklace... That would be beautiful.

I do like that idea of alternating sizes like the ring you posted. I was thinking of what an alternating asscher/round half-eternity would look like. But I can't find any images online that suit what I'm envisioning in my head. I would want them more connected and fluid than the round/baguette bands I see (which seems sort of "glued" together at the ends).

I think I'll go look up all my favorite vendors for that DBTY idea. Thank you!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, exactly two years ago yesterday! What a gorgeous necklace. Now you've really got me thinking. I had been so set on ring ideas that I hadn't even thought about other ideas for the diamonds.

edit: THREE years ago, I really can count! :twirl:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi_Just curious, did you pick a design?!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1397393043|3652677 said:
Hi_Just curious, did you pick a design?!

Yes, I finally did!

An update: After sitting with the different ideas for a bit, I decided to go with a DBTY bracelet--the seed that Gypsy planted. I dropped off the band today--I'm so excited! It will hopefully be done late next week. I will post a picture of the band in the next post. I thought the bracelet was a smart choice for me since I don't have one! I am looking forward to wearing it every day. :appl: The band sat in my jewelry box and NEVER got worn!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bye, bye band... Pictures I took this morning before dropping it off... The spacing is off and it always bugged me. A nice, solid ring, though. And sparkly diamonds. :love:

_17895.jpg

_17896.jpg

_17897.jpg

_17898.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! I was thinking of the exact same thing, DBTY bracelet. Perfect! Can't wait to see it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see the result!

I'm sure it will be beautiful. I'm so excited for you!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my goodness! I decided to change my mind, after all. :) I decided to go with a 3/4 eternity, custom made locally. Very similar to the ring gypsy suggested early on, but with octagon bezels and alternating sapphires. It came in yesterday, so I went in to try it on, but I won't get it until our 15th anniversary next month. Metal is platinum. Loooooove it! :)

_34385.jpg

_34386.jpg

_34387.jpg

_34388.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty! You'll get a lot of wear out of it, I'm sure!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY pretty the setting is so much more delicate than the old one. Please post more pictures after you get the ring! :bigsmile:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results