shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity Bands and Engraving

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maroon3

Rough_Rock
I have a solitaire engagement ring and am shopping for a wedding band. Does anyone know where I can find an eternity wedding band with diamonds all the way around, AND which has space on the inside of the band for engraving? All of the eternity bands that I have seen with space on the inside for engraving only has diamonds that go partially around.

If anyone has a solitaire and this kind of band, I''d love to see your rings. Thanks!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
I have a new eternity band-- and recently tried on many-- and all of the prong set types are open to some degree beneath the stone-- so no smooth part for engraving a sentiment. Not sure about a channel set or a bezel set.

Are you set on a full eternity band? If you went with a 3/4 eternity, you''d have some smooth shank left for a message (Not a long one-- but initials & date at least).

Maroon3

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Bluedawg. Actually, I would be happy with a 3/4 eternity band. Can you recommend where I can find these? Am I better off going to a jewelry store or can I find better deals online?

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
You might get some ideas from the diamond eternity band thread. Most are full eternity but there are a few that are half- eternity or more.

Slammie''s set is 3/4 but I think it was a custom job; rms'' set is by A Jaffe

Lora''s set (on the 5th page) is a bezel setting and I see from the photo that it''s open on the underside, too... so no place to engrave.

I found this Scott Kay pave full eternity band with a smooth interior for engraving at solomonbrothers.com. That website has a lot of the designer brands... do a search for eternity bands and you will get a lot of choices!

scottkayepave.jpg

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
You can also try Whiteflash.com, Denise is really nice and I just ordered mine from her last week! They have many sizes and metals to choose from.

Best,

Lori
21.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A paved band may be smooth inside, but those will be small stones - like in the designer band above. The pesky holes are made to allow better cleaning... so if you have a band made without them there is a tradeoff.

How large are the stones going to be ? For larger diamonds, a solid band would get quite havy as well.

Just my 0.2. Your jeweler might find a solution. I would definitely ask if the ring will get either too havy or too hard to clean by leaving the stones without ajoures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results