shape
carat
color
clarity

eternity band to compliment 1.85 solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi, now that I have my 1.85 round solitaire I''d like to purchase a diamond eternity band as my wedding band. Does anyone have any advice or guidelines on what to look for in terms of width of the band, amount of diamonds on the band & total carat weight to look for? For example if I got a diamond wedding band that totaled 1 carat would that overpower my solitaire, or is my solitaire large enough to support that? Would I be better off getting a diamond wedding band with a total carat weight of .50? Thanks!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
this will depend also on the ring size (i.e. a size 6 eternity band with 1ct tw will have more diamonds of smaller size and a size 4 of same carat weight will have less diamonds of slightly bigger size). I would look at the size of each little diamonds instead of the total carat weight to determine the width of the band. Look at this thread for more opinions and pictures of eternity ring carat weight. I think either a 3 pointers or 2 pointers eternity band would be need with your 1.85 stone

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rosy,
Congrats on your new ring, enjoy! YDo you have the Tiffany knife-edge setting? In your previous posts I remember you saying that you wear a size 51/2 so you can make the carat weight stretch with a small size like that. Would you consider getting a diamond eternity ring with a similar width as your e-ring band, like 2.0-2.5mm? The total carat weight of your eternity ring would depend on 1) your ring size and 2) the size of the stones in the eternity ring.

Here''s a ring that''s about .5cts in a size 5:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=854

Here''s another ring with larger stones that''s 1.03 cts in your size:
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=981

Have you tried on some bands already? What do you like? Another option, if you like the look of a ring with larger stones would be to do a 10 or 11 stone band and use the total carat weight towards each stone. Just a thought though.

Whatever you decide, you must post your final ring set!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rosy,
I have an eternity band that I wear with my 3 stone ring. The center stone of my 3 stone is 1.12 and I wear a 1.4 total carat weight eternity ring. Both my 3 stone and the eternity ring are 2mm wide and each stone on my eternity ring is .05. It was really important to me to make sure the eternity ring was the same width as my 3 stone.

I originally wanted around a 1 carat eternity ring and by sheer luck ended up with the larger one. I was worried that it would overwhelm my 3 stone and it didn''t and now I''m glad I have the larger size. My eternity ring is a shared prong round Facets brand from www.signedpieces.com . I can''t say enough good things about this Company!

Go to a local store and try some on and see what you like with your stone. Good luck and be sure to post some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results