shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald Three Stone ring

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All,
I''ve been waiting for the new PS, but decided to go ahead and post the ring while it is still clean and pristine! I hope you enjoy the pictures.
This is my emerald three stone ring. The stone was purchased for me this year at the Tucson show. Here is my own shot of the stones, taken with a Nikon D3000, no macro lens, inside my home at night.

ready to post.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I can''t wait to see more pictures.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
This is the finished ring. The setting is platinum, and the diamonds are carre cut. The stone is Zambian.

emeraldreducestraight on.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Another view

emerald resize side.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Outside

michael outside.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink,
It looks lovely from what I can see, but can you manage some larger photos? Thanks!
17.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Quick hand shot taken with my Blackberry

blackberry emerald.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
OK!!
Let me try this again. I have three more shots that I haven''t posted. Here is one of the cads.

Melonie Render1.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
another angle

Melonie Perspective2.jpg

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
larger shot, I hope

Melonie Front.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU!! Much better shots. Your new ring is lovely and looks very rich. Now I have a hankering for setting my emeralds if I can find a jeweler that isn''t "ultrasonic cleaner happy." Your jeweler did a really nice job on that piece. Very nice prongs and workmanship. Congratulations!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful, beautiful stone!
and a wonderful cut!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Marcy and TL.

Michael Edgett set it for me, and I am very happy with the work, plus, he is a pleasure to deal with.
He is working on something else for me now. Maybe the new PS will be up by the time it arrives.

TL, you NEED to set your emerald(s)> Well, at least one. There are so few emeralds posted. My SIL and a good friend both wear emerald three stone engagement rings, and I never tire of looking at them.

eta: It is funny how the color is more true with a Blackberry than a real camera. My daughter takes photography at school, and they have a darkroom. I hope I can talk her into taking a photo of the stone for me that way when school starts back.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Goy-jus!

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
OOOOH, superpretty! I like.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring - and the emerald looks to be a very nice color.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Love it!!!
36.gif

Now spill it, who did you trust enough to go to the show and come back with a good emerald for you? You obviously chose the right person!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
It''s sooo beautiful!
30.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
iLander, I did have to have an open mind when I asked for an emerald from the show. If you watch this forum, you will see many of the respected tradespeople attend. I do recall that my stone was purchased on the last day, so I like to think that makes for a better deal, but I have no proof. Also, I was flexible. I had assumed that the emerald would be in an emerald cut. Imagine my surprise when I became the proud owner, sight unseen, of a radiant!!!! I do love the cut now. Besides, I am of a certain age, so I cannot see detail without hunting down my reading glasses.

Sometimes, when you ask a professional to keep you in mind if they go on a buying trip, you eagerly await their return, and, surprise, they come back empty handed!
That happened to me last year. I asked one of the respected posters on the forum to look for a stone for me on a buying trip to Africa. The person never saw anything suitable. That speaks very highly of the tradespeople who post here, I think. You cannot go wrong with any of them. They will not "find" something just to make a sale.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful emerald and you can’t go wrong with a classic 3 stone for the very classic emerald.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
That''s simply GORGEOUS!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Gorgeous ring PT! That emerald is oh so pretty! Very good to know that Michael E helped create that masterpiece.
36.gif
My initial impression was that it was a LM ring and then I saw the CAD and knew that it couldn't be. Very well done!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely green colour.
30.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 9:25:24 AM
Author: brandy_z28
30.gif
Gorgeous ring PT! That emerald is oh so pretty! Very good to know that Michael E helped create that masterpiece.
36.gif
My initial impression was that it was a LM ring and then I saw the CAD and knew that it couldn''t be. Very well done!

Michael does beautiful work, doesn''t he? We did use a CAD for this one, but he spent quite a long time refining it afterward, from what I understand. He is going to be making a platinum ring entirely by hand for me. I''m not sure how that works, so far as what I will get to see ahead of time. I will have to inquire about that.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones, and the whole thing is classic and elegant both in design and execution.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful RICH green, gotta love emerald green! I very much enjoy the look of the carre side stones, something a little different which goes really well with the geometric octagonal cut outline.

Michael E is just so great to work with! I am glad you are happy with the project, wear it in good health
emsmile.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 8:43:47 AM
Author: serenitydiamonds
Very beautiful!

--Joshua

Joshua, What is the shape in your avatar called? The names of the clipped corner shapes of emeralds are sort of confusing. TIA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results