shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut ring ideas, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyway, why not just go for the thin pave shank again ? Obviously you like it allot, and it can''t be wrong to match rings.

You know about this version, right ?

cartier_zoomsm1.jpg
cartier_side1.jpg

Of all the ready-made diamond set rings, this is the daintiest I know of - the band is less than 3mm wide (3.6, they say) and at least the poster kid looks nicely finished.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen that setting on BTD... and it''s wayyyyy overpriced! I only paid $320 for mine and it''s got more gold and diamonds!! besides, I like the tapered look more:

I think i''m going to go with colored sidestones.. really love that turqoise colored one you posted, but in the lavender one''s shape. Do you have more "odd" shapes?

flanders in halogen light.jpg

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know where they sell the setting posted by Reena. I love it so much.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oops--actually you have to take out the "the". so artofplatinum.com. (i make that same mistake all the time . . .)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2004 6:54:14 PM
Author: reena
oops--actually you have to take out the ''the''. so artofplatinum.com. (i make that same mistake all the time . . .)
hahaha funny because I had it in my head that there was, "the" in the address but thought that was weird too because artofplatinum made more sense. lol

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
forte, I thought you wanted a split-shank?
Personally, if money was no object, I''d want a pave setting with colored stones (pale, like pink maybe or aquamarine. Pink for white gold. Ooh, or peridot! Slurp)
Not as good with the photoshop as some others... hopefully your imagination will pick up on what mine is trying to convey.
What about a Britney-esque look? Two fine paralell bands of pave, instead of split...

OR - what about a kind of reverse split shank? Two thin bands of pave tapering in, instead of out? That would really make the stone pop and complement your lovely fingers.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/28/2004 1:388 PM
Author: ForteKitty

I think i''m going to go with colored sidestones.. really love that turqoise colored one you posted, but in the lavender one''s shape. Do you have more ''odd'' shapes?
The blue one is a nice aquamarine, and the shop that cuts the "odd" also has the ocasional aqua, but it would take ordering a pair.

You can retrieve the sources by right-click on the pictures. I guess the aqua sqyare comes fro lapilia.com and the spinel from Daniel Stair''s customgemstones.com. There should be some more side-stone prone shapes on his site as well.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I do like split shank, but the more I look at it the less I''m liking it with the emerald cut... maybe with a cushion in the future...
11.gif

Bah, I really don''t know what I want! I''ve looked at so many settings I''m beginning to want a new setting for my marquise! bad!

klayman

Rough_Rock
Not a great shot, but this is what I ended up going with. The stone is almost the exact same size as yours and is set in platinum with tapered baguettes on each side. It is nothing fancy, more of a traditional look. Good luck with whatever you choose. I''m sure it will be beautiful.

Hand Shot[1].jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2004 1:34:37 PM
Author: klayman
Not a great shot, but this is what I ended up going with. The stone is almost the exact same size as yours and is set in platinum with tapered baguettes on each side. It is nothing fancy, more of a traditional look. Good luck with whatever you choose. I''m sure it will be beautiful.
I love this look...very traditional, yes, but very classy and elegant.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results