shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL cert said "H&A effect"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

michaell1999

Rough_Rock
"ideal cut with H & A effect" is the comments in the cert.
Can''t remember what else was on the cert.

Is this different than an actual Hearts and Arrow?

They had the scope and I could see the hearts and arrows.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will find various standards of precission in grading these patterns. What they are worth, depends on you and, at large, on the popularity of ''Hearts and Arrows''.

Just IMO

If the standard chosen to talk about H&A is 30X magnification, perhaps EGL''s note would not measure up. If you want the story about the H&A pattern indicating optimized proportions, and the look of arrows on the face of the stone, guess so
5.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
To what level of quality was the H&A image? Just the prescence of one doesn''t make it the "cat''s meow" of Hearts and Arrows images.

I think there are some articles that explain the accuracy of the H&A image in the tutorial section above, if not there is some on the whiteflash site, and probably on GOG''s site as well.

I am really rotten as posting links to this info (self pro-claimed compu grape) but the King of linking is Sir John ( John Quixote) of WF, who will if you ask him to as he loves to provide links. Possibly ira and storm can too.

It is sort of neat how you can link a thread to just the word - link or here - but I haven''t figured out how to do that.

Rockdoc

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as previously stated, there are varying degrees of quality in hearts and arrows and the term 'hearts and arrows effect' certainly doesn't lead me to think this pattern is anywhere near the top in terms of precision. since there is no standardized grading for optical symmetry and more specifically h&a patterning in particular, it doesn't mean much when comments such as this are included on the egl report.

here is a link about hearts and arrows

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results