shape
carat
color
clarity

Eddie Sakamoto - Wow - See pic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Still on the quest for the perfect ring. It''s tough because my BF, Jeff, is in Chicago and I am in CA. And the one rule he has set, besides budget, is that he must see the ring on my hand before purchase. OYE VE!

Anyhoo, I saw this EDDIE SAKAMOTO ring on Bill Pearlman''s site last night and googled the web looking for B&M retailers who might carry his line, but to no avail.

I am going to Chicago this weekend to continue the search with Jeff.

Does anyone know who carries Eddie Sakamoto? I couldn''t find the Sakamoto home page on the web but maybe I missed it.

Thank you for your continued support. I don''t know where I''d be without you guys!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Eddie Sakimoto_Pearlmans.jpg

diamond_quester

Shiny_Rock
It seems that the most distinctive feature of the ring you chose (very nice, by the way) is the invisible set (no visible prongs). This is frequently seen in Japanese designs. The only Japanese companies I've heard of are Niwaka (www.niwaka.com) and Tasaki (www.tasaki.co.jp) and there must be others. If you can't find the exact item you want in store, a good platinumsmith can probably make something like this.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Yay Ana,

YOU ARE THE BEST!

36.gif

jimhwu

Rough_Rock
I saw this from my jeweler''s website a week ago when someone on pricescope was commenting on it... it has a very similar look:

http://www.dscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1A2C

There are a few variations on it on Isaac''s website too. I do have to say this is probably not true tension as the description says, but more tension like. A real tension ring is usually more expensive than this. I thought I''d comment since Isaac is located in Chicago.

Great guy, great prices, easy to deal with and patient. Feel free to bring in prices searched from Pricescope as he is usually pretty competitive with similar stones. This is what I did when I bought my wife''s e-ring in 2003.

Since you do like simple prongless designs, have you thought about a tension ring? Isaac sells all of the Gelin + Albaci rings. This is my wife''s:

http://www.dscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=ten05

She too loves modern simple design.

Anyways, I wish you luck!

Jim

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlman''s is only a couple of hours drive from Chicago. It might be worth the trip if that''s the designer you love. Bill has in stock all of the settings you see on his site so it would be there for you to try on along with anything else that might catch your eye.

I''ve made the trip to his store twice and it blows of the water any jewelry store i''ve ever been to with the number of designer settings/displays he has.

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help! I am definitely going to try to make it out to Pearlman''s while I am in Chicago!

Yay!
Tracy
36.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Diamond quester, Thank you for the Nikawa link. I love their jewelry. WOW!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 6:45:18 PM
Author: tracys126
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help! I am definitely going to try to make it out to Pearlman''s while I am in Chicago!

Yay!

Tracy
36.gif

Please keep us posted. The second time I visited Pearlmans I was there almost 3 hours
23.gif
time really does fly in that place..

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo did you get anything there? Did you fly in just to visit? I am so looking forward to going there. Yipeeee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 10:22:56 PM
Author: tracys126
Mrssalvo did you get anything there? Did you fly in just to visit? I am so looking forward to going there. Yipeeee.

Thus far I have only purchased earrings from him, but I have another little project in the works
27.gif
and I plan on upgrading my e-ring though him
36.gif
. You can read about my day in this thread he even let me take pictures
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have fun Tracy. Bill''s store is amazing from what I hear. Plus he is the nicest guy!!!
2.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Bill is sending us 3 rings to try out. He is very trusting and I can''t wait to meet him. Amazing customer service~

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo, thank you for showing me the thread. The pictures were gorgeous.

I can''t wait to get there. I have a very good feeling about it. This reminds me...I need to take the camera.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results