shape
carat
color
clarity

Ebay stone never arrived

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I need a little help on how to approach this.

In mid-June, I won an auction from a vendor that many PSers have purchased from. I paid through paypal and the vendor reported posting it a couple of days later, using International Priority Mail, as is usually done (except for a few more expensive gems or a couple inexpensive ones, all vendors have shipped to me by Priority Mail). However, it never arrived.

As far as I know, Priority Mail doesn''t have a tracking number, so I have no idea what is going on. It is also not insured. Several purchases I made after this have arrived safely.

What can I do in this situation? I have heard that the seller is responsible for getting the merchandise to the client, unless the client specifically asks that the package is uninsured. Is this true? Could I ask for my money back (his responsability) or just bite the cost (I should have insisted on insurance)?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Can you file an item not received with PayPal?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the seller does not reimburse you, or try to make good, then you should report this to ebay, and leave negative feedback. The seller should try to make good since he/she might have not shipped it. If you have no proof they shipped it, and no tracking number, than you should report this to ebay. How is this seller''s feedback on toolhouse.org? I hope the stone was not too expensive.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Please file a dispute on Paypal. You will likely win this because the seller won''t be able to provide tracking information.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will paypal be able to reimburse for the item if there is no $$$ in the vendor''s account?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
When i ship stones to any country overseas I use either the $13.95 international flat-rate priority mail envelope or for a specimen the $26.95 international priority mail flat-rate box. both cover me under paypal seller protection. it comes with tracking automatically..i don''t know how that would work coming from an overseas seller but thats how it''s done here...I am sorry to hear that..file with paypal..also go to COMMUNITY at the top of your ebay page...click DISCUSSION....write exactly waht you said here under SELLER CENTRAL..see what some of those folks say...i get advice from the pros there all the time..also try and speak with a live person at paypal or ebay...i would really do the "seller central" thing..they have helped me so much before...sorry to hear about your stone..it has been a month now and i would think it would have gotten here..very rarely it will take 30-40 mdays to get a package..i know if you get something shipped from Africa it can take that long...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long has it been?

I bought from a couple of overseas sellers at the same time a couple of months back. One of the stones was a cabochon moonstone, and honestly I bought a few items and got them all (but that one) and I kinda forgot about it. It was a REALLY REALLY REALLY long time later (like over a month and a half) when in the mail there was a package.. and there''s the cabochon.

Have no idea what took so long. I bought other items from this seller before and since and had no issue, but this one little moonstone just took it''s time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady D,
Is the seller aware that the package has not arrived and that you are concerned? If informed, perhaps the vendor is able to check with his local post office to find out what happened and track it? My experience is that the seller is responsible for getting the merchandise to the client.

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Lady D,
Don''t wait too long to file a claim with Pay-Pal. They will be of no help if you miss their deadline.

Joker....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results