shape
carat
color
clarity

e-weddingbands raises platinum ring prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/Platcf1.html

6.gif

2 mm was $299 yesterday, 3 mm was $599. Yesterday I looked and today I looked and - Wow!
14.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see the edit button so I''ll make another post...

I figure the heavy 3 mm is equivalent in weight to Tiffany''s 3 mm ring. The heavy 3 mm is 2.0 thick. This is just a guess.

The heavy 3 mm is $659. Tiffany''s Lucida 3 mm is $775.

That''s very close in price. I wonder which one is heavier/ better looking?

Thoughts?
3.gif

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I had a feeling this was coming, so I ordered my 2 mm domed comfort fit platinum band last week for $284. Now the same one is $338. I told my fiance I''m going to add the $54 difference to my shoe fund.
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
always watch the gold market...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that is a bummer for those who were looking and missed out on the cheaper price.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I noticed that too! The wedding band that I want went up $50 and I told FI that he missed out.. He didn''t really care too much about the tiny increase on mine.. However, the one I was originally going to buy him went up about $250!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
The price increase is really quite dramatic. The comparison with Tiffany prices is interesting. Since e-Weddingbands used to be so cheap compared to Tiffany, I''m sure this means that Tiffany will raise their prices as well. Perhaps they already have. I wonder what other price increases are coming down the pipeline. I think I recall seeing that Signed Pieces increased their prices slightly, and someone mentioned a jeweler telling them about an upcoming Ritani (or was it Tacori) price increase. The WhiteFlash prices look unchanged, but if prices don''t go down, I''m sure they will have to raise prices too. And what about designers like Mark Morrell and Leon Mege?

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s already been reported that WF is rasing their prices (people are reporting really really high custom quotes). Excel has also gone up in price $550 within the last two months. $50 since yesterday.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
So what''s up with the rising metal prices...? I''m seeing this everywhere (there''s a post in RockyTalky about quotes, etc.) and wondering if we need to move our timeline up or if this is just a normal fluctuation sort of thing. Boyfriend and I are looking to set the sapphire in my avatar in platinum. I got a couple quotes from James Allen and some B&M jewelers just to see, but for budgeting reasons we weren''t planning to DO anything until April-ish. Should we try to lock in a quote or move our timeline completely??? So much confusion.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just what I was thinking!!!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
In order to determine whether it would be better to buy now or later, you need the ability to predict the future.
39.gif
I did a Google News search on platinum and learned that most of the world''s platinum is mined in South Africa, which is having some sort of energy crisis. The mines are currently operating with only 90% of the power they need, and there is speculation that power may be cut off entirely. A sharp rise in price is never sustainable; however, the South African power crisis will not end any time soon. So it''s really hard to say whether it would be better to buy now or later.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Yep it''s definately gone up. I used my old platinum setting towards a trade in on my new center stone, and they said since platinum has gone up they were giving me $200 more towards the trade!

Wish there was some sort of annoucement it was coming, instead of an overnight surprise.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I feel a little better knowing more what's going on and being able to commiserate with others who are affected by this.
Thanks.
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 7:48:21 PM
Author: Sparkles22
Yep it''s definately gone up. I used my old platinum setting towards a trade in on my new center stone, and they said since platinum has gone up they were giving me $200 more towards the trade!

Wish there was some sort of annoucement it was coming, instead of an overnight surprise.
Well this is good!
Yeah, it would have been nice to have a bit of a warning...and it probably would have been a good marketing ploy as well...."buy your bands before the price hike"!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Dana, I love your avatar! I''ve loved Snoopy since I was a child and your avatar is adorable.
35.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
BTW, if anybody has a picture of ANY e-weddingband ring, I''d like to see that!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, my wedding isn't until this August so FI thought I was crazy for wanting to order before Christmas. My 3mm comfort fit flat platinum band was $471, now its $589!!!

Imdanny, I don't have any pictures of mine right now and I can't seem to find my camera. But I am thrilled with my ring, it's absolutely perfect. Nice and heavy and I got the florentine finish and it turned out beautifully, exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend them, they had great customer service. When I went to order my ring I noticed that the florentine finish wasn't an option so I chatted with the customer service person via the online chat function and she helped me right away. Also, I needed to make sure I got the ring before I left work for vacation at Christmas and they made sure that it came in time. It was great!

I'm not 100% thrilled with FI's titanium flat step-down band, I would have liked the brushed finish to be more matte than it is, but FI likes it and it was less than $100 which is all he really cares about!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny- I have the heavy comfort fit 3mm platinum wedding band and love it! However, I bought mine a couple of months ago (maybe even 3 months ago?) when it was in the mid $500''s. At the current price, I would just pay the extra $$ and get the Tiffany Lucida 3mm (assuming I liked it as much or better). I do love my e-weddingbands.com ring though, and don''t regret it at all!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this a symptom of plat prices going up overall?

If so, should I NOT be holding off on buying the plat eternity band from Tiffany''s that I was planning to buy in August?
nervous.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
february2003bride,

Actually, I think I might like the e-weddingbands ring better. It looks to be a more rounded, more traditional shape. The Tiffany ring is more stylized, more flat on top. You wouldn't be able to post a picture, would you? I'd love to see a real picture of it! Congrats!
37.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
karasue91,

Congrats! I''m glad you both like your rings!
4.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
february2003bride,

I thought of something, even if you can''t post a picture of your ring, can you please tell me if it is heavy? I''d like it to be noticeably heavy if I get it (because frankly it costs a lot at this point and if the weight isn''t substantial I think I might choose a different material). Thanks!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny- sure! I can post a picture later on today. I do have the heavy comfort fit. It has a great heft to it and is a nice substantial size and width.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It''s my favorite ring. I can''t wait!
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny-

Here are my better late than never pictures of my E-WeddingBands.com 3mm platinum heavy comfort fit plain wedding band. I love this ring!

3mmplainplat950.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
february2003bride-

You mean you have a life outside of jewelry forum? I just don't believe that!
2.gif

Your ring is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif

Oh, so heavy looking. Congrats! It's really nice.

Thanks for link. That's a beautiful shot of her ring. The colors that it reflects...

I'm going to have to consider getting your ring now!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results