shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your SO have friends of the opposite sex?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo...Wesley Snipes? Steven Seagal? My boyfriend would think it was so awesome if it were SS. But I think he''s a bit older than his 40s...Dolph Lundgren? I think he''s 50 but he''s pretty darn good looking...Michael Jai White? Jeff Speakman? Ok I give up. And you don''t have to tell, its just fun to fantasize.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 11:45:00 PM
Author: KatM
how funny it is that i just posted here about how he has female friends and im ok with it. today i found out that he''s been in love with one of his female friends for who knows how long. it''s over, and it''s the one female friend i never would have thought.
7.gif

It''s over between the two of you? That''s how it sounds...I hope that''s wrong and diamondfan is on the right track with the ''it''s over'' being about his feelings for her. Either way, I too hope you''re doing ok. If you need to get anything off your mind, feel free to dump it on us, hon.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
thank you both for your kind words. unfortunately, it''s over for us. the worst part of it is that she will never see him as anything more than a brother type, but he couldn''t keep seeing me while he had those feelings.

he told me that i was the nicest, most loving person he had ever known. and he''s left me for a fantasy. it''s so confusing.

i''ll be ok, i just keep telling myself that.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 9:05:57 AM
thank you both for your kind words. unfortunately, it''s over for us. the worst part of it is that she will never see him as anything more than a brother type, but he couldn''t keep seeing me while he had those feelings.

he told me that i was the nicest, most loving person he had ever known. and he''s left me for a fantasy. it''s so confusing.

i''ll be ok, i just keep telling myself that.
Oh, honey, I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a big hug, make you a mug of hot chocolate, and let you get all your conflicting emotions out.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 1:39:34 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Oooo...Wesley Snipes? Steven Seagal? My boyfriend would think it was so awesome if it were SS. But I think he''s a bit older than his 40s...Dolph Lundgren? I think he''s 50 but he''s pretty darn good looking...Michael Jai White? Jeff Speakman? Ok I give up. And you don''t have to tell, its just fun to fantasize.

None of the above! Put it this way, I had never realized his cult following because unless we are talking Bruce Lee or Jett Li or Crouching Tiger I am just not watching those types of movies.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2008 11:45:00 PM
how funny it is that i just posted here about how he has female friends and im ok with it. today i found out that he''s been in love with one of his female friends for who knows how long. it''s over, and it''s the one female friend i never would have thought.

So sorry to read this...I hope you''re doing okay...please take care of yourself! If he didn''t appreciate you, he doesn''t deserve you anyway!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
1. Does your SO have freinds of the opposite sex?
Not really. He had a few when we first started dating, but even then it was more just talking on myspace than actually hanging out. He''s not really friends with any of them anymore though.

2. If so, how long has he/she been friends with them? N/A

3. What are your feelings on the subject?
It bothered me a bit at first, but I think it was mostly that I didn''t know them (one of them was a stripper/dominatrix and that''s the only thing I really knew about her
32.gif
). DH and I had a LD relationship for about the first year, so when he was in town, we were pretty much hanging out just the two of us. I only met his female friends a handful of times. I never mentioned to him that it kind of bothered me because it would''ve made me a huge hypocrite. Most of my friends in college were guys and we were even roommates at one point. DH has never mentioned it bothering him. He''s met them all though and seen how we are together, so that definitely helps. They were even in our wedding. I''m sure it helps too that only one of my close guy friends isn''t engaged/married.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 10:39:39 AM
Author: diamondfan
Date: 1/27/2008 1:39:34 AM

Author: FrekeChild

None of the above! Put it this way, I had never realized his cult following because unless we are talking Bruce Lee or Jett Li or Crouching Tiger I am just not watching those types of movies.

Ok, I have to admit, I''m still curious. Trying to forget about it...

Lnicegirl

Rough_Rock
1. Does your SO have freinds of the opposite sex?
Yes. He has more female friends than I have.

2. If so, how long has he/she been friends with them?
He has been friends with about half of them since high school. Others he formed friendships with in college.

3. What are your feelings on the subject?
I don''t have a problem with him having females friends especially the ones he has known since high school which was before I knew him. My guy is a people person and many people are attracted to his personality and he has many friends; male and female so I have accepted that. I have problems with the female friends that I have not met and we recently addressed this in our last pre-marital counseling session. I may know their names, etc but have never been introduced. I know and have met all his female friends except two of them. We agreed that going forward I will meet all his female friends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results