shape
carat
color
clarity

does your E-ring cost/worth more than the car you drive?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Nope...Not yet anyway! Ask me when I get rid of it in a few years.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How funny! I was just thinking about this very question. Answer for me is yes--the e-ring is worth more than my car and FI''s car combined (kind of scary!).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep! I''ll probably never have a car that costs me more than my e-ring cost. I''m not really into cars.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Nope, and it never will.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. It won''t be. Ever. Maybe someday I''ll have enough spectacular jewelies that they will all add up to be worth more than my car cost.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few months ago, yes, but that was because we were JUST about to trade in my 10 year old car. Now no.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 8:53:40 PM
Author: kittybean
How funny! I was just thinking about this very question. Answer for me is yes--the e-ring is worth more than my car and FI''s car combined (kind of scary!).

Hahaha-my e-ring is worth more than our cars combined, too! But he''s probably going to get a new car soon and then his car will probably be about equal with my e-ring.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dear gods, yes - I only learned to drive last summer! So me and my ''97 Ford Taurus are a good fit, I think.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
At this point... Probably! (I need a new car!!)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 9:07:52 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 8/19/2008 8:53:40 PM

Author: kittybean

Hahaha-my e-ring is worth more than our cars combined, too! But he''s probably going to get a new car soon and then his car will probably be about equal with my e-ring.
Same here--and boy does he need that new car. The old one is basically worth the metal it''s made of, but he loves the darn thing and refuses to get rid of it.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Nope! But it is worth about 4x the car FI drives regularly
27.gif
poor FI. But in his defense they are both his cars, he lets me use the nicer one often.
3.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Yup... but close to FI''s car.

Which way should it be? hmmm....
33.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Um...which car???
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brand new, my car cost more than my e-ring. But the car is a 2007, so perhaps my ring is closer in value now . . .

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep. Though to be fair, I drive an old hand-me-down jeep from my grandma
3.gif
On the other hand, we got an unbelievable deal on my stone, so... maybe it evens out. The appraisal value is a few times the blue book value of my car.

I have no qualms with people spending more on their diamonds/jewelry than on their cars. The average new car depreciates 25-30% in the first year, and 7-12% every year thereafter. Most people drive their car for what, 10 years?

How 'bout diamonds?
16.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
It''s worth more than his car but he has an 11 year old car. It is not worth more than mine (new car).

I will say though that if he had money stashed to buy me a ring worth the amount of a car while I was driving a car with no AC, no radio, and that would stop in the middle of the highway I would have been
29.gif
27.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have the ring yet but I know my car will be worth more than my e-ring. Simply put... I have a pretty nice car & what that would equate to in an e-ring is pretty extravagant! Partly because cars in general are a lot more expensive in Canada.

I doubt that will ever change. If I had more $ kicking around, it would go to a house, car, travel (in that order) and THEN to bling. I love diamonds, just have other priorities.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Uh, no.

Everyone loves beautiful diamonds; but very few people in reality will ever spend that kind of money on one piece of jewelry. Even among PSers, it''s probably more rare than common.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure this one has been done before here on PS, but my answer is no.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another no here.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
No here too

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2008 11:27:19 PM
Author: HollyS
Uh, no.

Everyone loves beautiful diamonds; but very few people in reality will ever spend that kind of money on one piece of jewelry. Even among PSers, it''s probably more rare than common.
Holly
don''t be so sure....cuz a lot of girls are getting 2+ ct with custom made platinum ring these days.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My car is 8 years old but only had the equivilent mileage of a one year old car when I bought it earlier this year. A great bargain! It cost a fair bit less than my ring
1.gif

tenfour

Shiny_Rock
nope. i bought my car 8 years ago. the gem-less ring i wear on my right hand is probably worth more than my car.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My car is 4 years old now, so it will be pretty close in the next year or so.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 11:31:59 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''m pretty sure this one has been done before here on PS, but my answer is no.

I remember that as well.

My car costs more.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drive a pretty new car, and the book value of my car is significantly more than the value of my e-ring. But, if we add in the rest of the jewelry I wear on a daily basis, it''s worth a good bit more than my car!
emembarrassed.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have it just yet but yes the e-ring is worth a substantial amount more then my current car which is 16 years old (I love my car), and it is worth more then our cars both combined. I don''t know if I could ever spend the amount that he spent on the ring on a car - well not at this stage of my life, ask me in about 5yrs I might have a different answer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results