• C. No, but I know people for whom it does

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I think there was a study that showed that lactose intollerence is not something you're born with(hence why at young age most people have no issues with it), but something that is acquired later. For the life of me I can't find it since it's been years since I've read that :D

You know that's what my daughter's pediatrician kept saying but she absolutely had constipation issues from the time she was born when we were trying the different formulas. They didn't ease up a bit until she was on soy formula.

While I don't know what I was like as a baby I definitely could tell something was wrong when I drank milk from a certain age. But I wasn't really allowed to stop drinking it until later because my mother didn't realise it was actually making me ill. She thought I just I didn't want to drink it.

And my husband definitely had an issue so bad at birth his family had to keep a literal goat so he would live. So honestly I dunno. It could possibly come down to genetics. I would want to know the genetics of the people in the study since certain types of people tend to have it more than others.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My dad can no longer eat tomatoes. He ate them for most of his life but now they give him gastrointestinal distress. Idk if it's the acidity or what. But no tomato sauce on any pasta or pizza or anything.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can really only speak for myself, soft cheese can cause me problems. Also apparently so can heavy starch and sugars. (both in "excessive" amounts causes me inflammation which also causes me an amazing amount of joint pain)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm lactose intolerant, cannot eat ice cream or drink regular milk, but for some reason, I'm okay with all cheeses, fresh or aged, and if milk or cream is cooked thoroughly, like in a bechamel sauce, I'm okay. Therefore I don't have an issue with lasagna.....at least not the ones I make.

I "think" some lasagna may not be cooked thoroughly, and the eggs (mixed in ricotta) may still be raw?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My dad can no longer eat tomatoes. He ate them for most of his life but now they give him gastrointestinal distress. Idk if it's the acidity or what. But no tomato sauce on any pasta or pizza or anything.

I make a really good white lasagna without tomatoes, it is a spinach and rotisserie chicken lasagna with garlic alfredo sauce.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results