shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have this ring from Good Old Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring! Are you able to share the pricing with us? I''m curious!
1.gif
(No worries if you can''t, I can always email GOG directly)

It also reminds me of this Leon (Style "311", image # R369 in the catalogue), and head on view here.

r369-00Ww_leonmege.JPG

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
This GOG ring si so pretty! I sent an e-mail to Marie over the weekend and am waiting patiently for a reply and pricing :)

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
MINTVE........that makes two of us............:)

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I hope the ring at GOG works out! It is very pretty! I just wanted to mention AoP because, based on other rings I have had made or am aware of from Leon... the type of thing you want should be under the $4200 price point someone mentioned.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like theh GOG ring b/c it looks like a wedding band will sit pretty flush. leon is a master, but creates little pieces of art many times created and intended to be worn alone. the intricate baskets sometimes stick out so a wedding band will stick out even further. not a problem if you''re going to wear it solo but something to think about if a wedding band on the same finger is important.

$4200 does seem high for that GOG setting though. I hope one of you can post the recent quote you get...

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Green with Envy...what is AoP?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 2:58:20 PM
Author: lauralu
Green with Envy...what is AoP?

i''m not green with envy but AoP is short for Art of Platinum....

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, no real answer yet, here is what I got from Marie:

"The ring you are asking about on our gallery page is not a ring we have here
in the store. We made it one time and will have to get a price to make that
one again."

So, maybe the $4200 was for the setting and the stone? Not ure what size that stone is, but if is smaller, it could make sense, right??

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 4:31:58 PM
Author: mintve
Oh no, no real answer yet, here is what I got from Marie:

''The ring you are asking about on our gallery page is not a ring we have here

in the store. We made it one time and will have to get a price to make that

one again.''

So, maybe the $4200 was for the setting and the stone? Not ure what size that stone is, but if is smaller, it could make sense, right??

No...unless Marie misunderstood me at the time, the quote I got was for a setting only to fit a 2ct RB. Now I understand the high price...it was a one-of-a-kind and would have to be replicated. I thought it might have been a setting that was made many times and would just have to be ordered to fit my stone, but I guess it probably needed to be started from scratch again. At least that is the only reason that I can think of for the high price.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
duh me.......AOP equals Leon. I know Leon :) or rather his work and his website.... Thanks for the clarification...

I haven't gotten my reply yet from gog. It's to bad with it displayed on their website though, that they don't have a price quote more readily available....

Carrie

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 12:54:42 PM
MINTVE........that makes two of us............:)
That makes 3 of us!

1.gif

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I got my reply from GOG ! To accommodate an approximate 1 ct sz diamond the setting is $3500 in plat.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like this ring, but it is out of budget reach, you might want to look at the ritani endless love solitaire. I think it''s about 1k less in platinum and looks similar except it doesn''t have diamonds on the prongs.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
kcoursolle...that is the route I am thinking of going...I do luv the GOG one though..

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 2:39:55 PM
wow 4200 .......I will wait and see what I get for a quote from GOG. If it's 4200. It is out of my ball park. Thanks for the info :) It would look stunning with a 2ct in it though...
I e-mailed GOG about this beautiful setting back in 3/7/07. She quoted me $4,000.00 in 14k white gold (2mm shank) and estimated the ring could be completed in about 3-4 weeks. The pictured ring on their site contains a 1.25ct center stone, however the ring does not include the center stone. Unfortunately, this was way out of my budget.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 11:22:41 AM
Author: omieluv

Date: 1/7/2008 2:39:55 PM
wow 4200 .......I will wait and see what I get for a quote from GOG. If it''s 4200. It is out of my ball park. Thanks for the info :) It would look stunning with a 2ct in it though...
I e-mailed GOG about this beautiful setting back in 3/7/07. She quoted me $4,000.00 in 14k white gold (2mm shank) and estimated the ring could be completed in about 3-4 weeks. The pictured ring on their site contains a 1.25ct center stone, however the ring does not include the center stone. Unfortunately, this was way out of my budget.
$4000 for Wg is pricey... leon is all custom and platinum and I am 99% sure his price is lower for similar.

But it looks like there is a very pretty designer alternative for less $. Can not wait to see finished ring!!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I asked marie for this mounting in platinum w/ NO pave and it was $2650. That seems very high!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me? Or does it seem these price quotes are all over the place? I know costs of gold, plat, diamond sz ect. plays a big role...Just seems kind of high. Am I correct that GOG has said this was a custom piece for someone? So we do not really have a name of the original designer if it was an inspiration piece?

Carrie

Rough_Rock
I agree - this is not adding up. I got my reply from Marie a couple days ago and she quoted me $3,500 in plat with pave.
And yes.....I don''t think plain plat should cost $2,600.....that does seem high....

It''s a beautiful setting and I''m going to look around and see if someone else can help me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I agree the price seems high, especially since it's an unknown designer so no designer branding attached to increase worth or value. The same numbers for a Leon, I could possible understand and although i haven't had a recent quote from him, the pave rings I inquired about were less. I think gals who have recent solitaire quotes from him that run around $1300 or so. It is a gorgeous ring though, GOG might want to get quotes from Leon to reproduce it for them
40.gif

beebrisk

Brilliant_Rock
This ring reminds me a bit of mine, which was custom made by ERD and I can assure you the setting was way less than what GOG is quoting.
Now, of course the price of precious metals is currently skyrocketing, so who knows....?
That GOG ring sure is a beauty!
Here''s mine:

bbringblackandwhite.jpg

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Well after months and months of browsing this website I finally found the motivation to join...

This ring is an exact replica of the Ritani Endless Love (with no halo) setting. The ring retails for about 1800 $ in white gold and 2400 $ in platinum. I guess Good Old Gold makes a replica of this setting but charges more for it?

I too have inquired about the Ritani setting at Good old Gold at originally Marie told me it would cost 3900!!! I then replied there must of been some mistake since the setting retails for 2400$ on other websites such as Pearlman''s and BillBarnes.

Anyway - to make a long story short - the ring should cost you about 2400$ in platinum and Good Old Gold can order it for you, or you can have Good Old Gold make a replica for you for more $...

Other people on this website who have this Ritani ring can be seen at:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-square-h-a-ritani-endless-love-e-ring.72722/

or

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stunning-1-60-k-vs-aca-in-ritani-setting.47645/

Anyway - I have my heart set on this ring too - hopefully a special someone will be purchasing it for me sometime in the near future
18.gif
--> i just posted this emoticon cause it''s pretty funny...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 9:06:35 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite

This ring is an exact replica of the Ritani Endless Love (with no halo) setting. The ring retails for about 1800 $ in white gold and 2400 $ in platinum. I guess Good Old Gold makes a replica of this setting but charges more for it?

just wanted to say welcome to PS
35.gif

also, just to clarify. the GOG ring is not an exact replica to the ritani. There are no diamonds on the Ritani prongs, just around the basket. The GOG ring has diamonds going up the prongs and the basket. I do think they look very similar and the Ritani presents a much better value for the same look.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mrs. Salvo

Ah yes you are right - they do look awfully similar though - I am sure the Ritani setting influenced the Good Old Gold version... Love them both!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results