shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a Coach gallery tote?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If so, what do you think of it?
33.gif

I found a patchwork Coach gallery tote on eBay and I''m thinking of asking DH to get it for me for Christmas, but I''m not sure how big they are. I''m pretty short (about 5''4"), so I can''t really pull off a huge bag. I love Coach bags though, and I already have three, all of which are big enough but not overwhelming. My biggest one is about 13" by 7.5" by 5" and it''s a good size. I might be willing to go a little bigger, but not by much. I checked out the measurements of the gallery totes, and they are a touch bigger than that, but it would probably be OK. I guess I''m just wondering, do you feel like your gallery tote is enormous, or is it an OK size? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hi Irish: I had a Coach Gallery Tote (which I gave away to a cousin), that I really loved. I am also short (5''1'''') and I thought the bag was a good size for me because I didn''t want one of these HUGE tote bags. Maybe you could try one in person before you ask your DH to gift it to? If there is a Macy''s or Dillard''s near you, they carry Coach products, just in case you are not located near a Coach store. What kind of return policy does the eBay seller have? Because you could try to do a return if you get the bag and it doesn''t work for you. If I still had the bag I''d take a pic with it and post it for you....sorry.
8.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Onedrop!
35.gif

I''m looking at one of the older fall patchwork ones . . . it''s the one with the square/rectangular patches in different shades of dark brown and gold, if you know which one I mean. It''s been discontinued, so if I want one I''ll have to get it on eBay. There is a Coach outlet store near me, and I was in there just a few months ago. I was kinda thinking about getting a gallery tote even back then, so I was trying to find one to check out in person. But, no such luck! I wasn''t even worried about the pattern so much . . . I just wanted to see what the size was like. But, they didn''t have even one single gallery tote in the entire store!
39.gif

Thanks for the tip about Macy''s though! We do live near a Macy''s, and I might have to check there to see if they have any. I''m very sure that they won''t have the pattern I''m looking for, but at least I could see what the size looks like on me. Honestly though, I''m like you . . . I just don''t want a HUGE tote bag! So, if your gallery tote was a comfortable size for you, I''m sure I''d be fine with it too. Can I be nosy and ask why you decided to give yours away to your cousin? Was there anything about the bag that you weren''t happy with? Thanks again for the help!
9.gif

Mountainluva

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am new to this site and found it when I did a search for Coach Gallery Tote! I just won a Red/Burgundy Suede Coach Gallery Tote on Ebay and was wondering some of the same things you are. I am only about 5''2", so an enormous bag looks overpowering on me, however, I always THINK I really need a BIG bag so I can haul ALL of my "just in case" junk around everywhere! But then I end up collecting so much stuff in my bag that I can hardly find anything and it gets heavy, etc. So, instead of being useful, it becomes a burden and then I procrastinate about cleaning it out
38.gif
But I am trying to change!
17.gif
I figure if I get smaller bags, or at least a medium size, I will be forced to be more selective about what I actually carry and will leave the kitchen sink at home My ideal purse inventory is: a Small wallet/wristlet, coupon/receipt organizer, Small cosmetic/toiletries case, hairbrush, reading and sunglasses, cellphone, book or magazine, waterbottle. I figured the size of the tote should be ideal with just a little extra room to spare, but not too much. I also got another Coach all cowhide leather bucket shoulder bag in British Tan....an older style#6008...on Ebay that I am concerned might be too small(its approx 9 x 8 by 5.5 " with two inner pockets, and one large outerpocket on one side...does anyone know anything about this style or what its called?), but when I inquired with the seller about my purse inventory and space requirements, she said it should all fit just right! I am waiting for both bags to get to me, so I will see:)...Mountainluva

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Irish: you really have to catch these Coach lines when they first roll out. They move in and out of the line-up very fast!! I know exactly which one you are talking about, I had the same one in the denim fabric. Usually when I am unsure about the size and I am ordering on-line I use a ruler and draw out the dimensions on a piece of paper. Doing so gives me a general idea of how the bag will look on my arm.
I do think the Gallery will be just fine for you size-wise! I'd love to see it when you get it.
35.gif

ETA: Forgive my not reading, you provided the dimensions in your first post! I'd asked for them in this post but edited the question out.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2008 2:03:13 PM
Author: onedrop
Irish: you really have to catch these Coach lines when they first roll out. They move in and out of the line-up very fast!! I know exactly which one you are talking about, I had the same one in the denim fabric. Usually when I am unsure about the size and I am ordering on-line I use a ruler and draw out the dimensions on a piece of paper. Doing so gives me a general idea of how the bag will look on my arm.
I do think the Gallery will be just fine for you size-wise! I''d love to see it when you get it.
35.gif

ETA: Forgive my not reading, you provided the dimensions in your first post! I''d asked for them in this post but edited the question out.
LOL! I''m so glad I''m not the only one who does that!
9.gif

And I know what you mean about the fast turnover of styles in the Coach stores! A while back, Coach came out with a Chelsea satchel with braided handles that I was absolutely IN LOVE with! But, I waited too long and now I can''t find them . . . not even on eBay.
7.gif

I showed the gallery tote I''m considering to DH, and he isn''t a big fan. I think it''s the pattern that he doesn''t like . . . not the size/shape/style of the bag. He did say though that it really doesn''t matter what he thinks . . . he wants me to get whatever I like. But, at the same time, I don''t want him to buy me a Christmas present that he doesn''t like. Soooo, I''m definitely still leaning toward a Coach bag for Christmas, but possibly a different pattern. I''m still definitely considering gallery totes, but there are a few other styles that I like as well. Do you have one that''s your favorite? I''m very open to suggestions!
21.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Okay....I am glad that I am not the only one doing the measuring. I truly thought it was just me!!! LOL

Ironically, I was in a Lord & Taylor the other day and saw a Gallery tote and thought of you. If you were worried about the size...don''t. It''s pretty compact, but still designed to hold a lot. But since your DH isn''t a fan....let me see...

I am currently eyeing this bag in the gray. Saw it first online, then at the store and it''s perfect! Do you still want a tote? There''s this one. It''s a solid color and seems roomy without being too big. I am sure that there is probably one up for sale on eBay by now. (I am too lazy to post the pictures). The links should give you good info on the measurements and I think you can *try* the bag for your body type. That''s a nice little feature on the Coach website.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, the mini-shopper! I have been lusting after the mini-shopper in "mineral" for quite a while now!
30.gif

And I have used the "try this bag on" feature on the Coach website quite a bit. I''m the "petite" person though, so all the bags look HUGE on the little silhouette of me! LOL!
20.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Bumping for Irishgrrrl

Did you make a decision yet? Or have you had a chance to try the bag IRL? Last we heard you weren''t yet sold on the Gallery tote as a gift.

I wasn''t kidding when I said that the line-up changes REALLY quickly. I checked the Coach site the other day and found that the object of my desire (the Hamptons Vintage mini-shopper in mineral) is no longer available.
8.gif
I was really bummed to hear that, but I guess my wallet will thank me later.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, slightly off topic, but onedrop is right about the line changing quickly. I work in a coach store and we get new bags and change the floor every month. At the end of the month we send all the stock that has been pulled off the floor to the outlet malls. So if you have just missed an item, run quick to an outlet and pick it up!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2008 4:36:03 PM
Author: onedrop
Bumping for Irishgrrrl

Did you make a decision yet? Or have you had a chance to try the bag IRL? Last we heard you weren''t yet sold on the Gallery tote as a gift.

I wasn''t kidding when I said that the line-up changes REALLY quickly. I checked the Coach site the other day and found that the object of my desire (the Hamptons Vintage mini-shopper in mineral) is no longer available.
8.gif
I was really bummed to hear that, but I guess my wallet will thank me later.
Sorry, Onedrop, I just saw this! I posted a thread over in hangout today which will probably answer your question . . . here it is!
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2008 11:36:37 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
Hi, slightly off topic, but onedrop is right about the line changing quickly. I work in a coach store and we get new bags and change the floor every month. At the end of the month we send all the stock that has been pulled off the floor to the outlet malls. So if you have just missed an item, run quick to an outlet and pick it up!
MEGS!!! You work at a Coach store?!?! You''ve been holding out on me, girl!!!
11.gif
29.gif
2.gif

LOL! I''m a confirmed Coachaholic, so you can expect me to be paging you with billions of questions now that I know your secret!
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I posted in the other thread..I like the bag you chose, Irish, but I saw this one in the Coach store yesterday, and thought it was so cute!!!!

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=12430&category_id=1732

The only problem is that its HUGE, and they do make a smaller version of it which would be the perfect size, but only in the color fuschia, which totally would not work with my wardrobe. Such a bummer, since I love that gray color!!!
13.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Dani, that one IS cute! But you''re right . . . a little big for my liking. The gallery tote I just got is the biggest bag I have, and I really wouldn''t want to go any bigger I don''t think. It''s PERFECT!!!
9.gif

And I''m like you . . . fuchsia would DEFINITELY not work for me!
40.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA, yeah I got a seasonal job at the coach store near my house. It''s amazing. Be sure to go into one after Christmas because we''re getting new stock in. It''s gonna be some great stuff!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2008 12:18:08 AM
HAHA, yeah I got a seasonal job at the coach store near my house. It's amazing. Be sure to go into one after Christmas because we're getting new stock in. It's gonna be some great stuff!
Oooooh, thanks for the tip, Megs!
9.gif

We don't live near an actual Coach Store, but we do live near a Coach Outlet (which is where I got my new patchwork gallery tote last weekend . . . YAY!!!). Are the outlets getting a bunch of new stock right after Christmas too? And more importantly, are there going to be any big sales that I need to know about?!?!
31.gif
11.gif

ETA: I just have to tell you, I sooooo wish I had your level of self-restraint! I could NEVER work at a Coach store or outlet . . . I'D be paying THEM to let me work there! LOL!
20.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really know a whole lot about how the outlets work but I do know that we change almost our entire store out the day after Christmas. Everything that we get rid of gets sent to the outlets. So if you like the stuff we have now, look in the outlets in Jan and Feb.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2008 10:12:11 PM
I don''t really know a whole lot about how the outlets work but I do know that we change almost our entire store out the day after Christmas. Everything that we get rid of gets sent to the outlets. So if you like the stuff we have now, look in the outlets in Jan and Feb.
Ooooh, I''ll DEFINITELY have to make a trip to my local outlet after the first of the year! Thanks, Megs!
36.gif
9.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s when i''m gonna be going!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results