shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think it’s possible for a guest to upstage the “host” at an event through their bling (eg at a wedding)?

I spent too long on this title but it still doesn’t make much sense.

Just a thought that came into my head during a conversation I was having with a friend. We were discussing another friend’s wedding pics that she finally uploaded, wedding was pre corona so a very big affair. There was a guest there who was wearing an enormous head ornament - a circular pendant with a drop that came down to a bit below her brows, it was like a 7.5cm/3inch diameter circle with a huge pearl hanging. Indian weddings tend to be very ornate and everyone dresses up a lot and wears a ton of bling, but that head ornament was SO BIG I was wondering how the lady’s head was still attached to her neck. My friend was all “whoa, why is she trying to upstage the bride on her wedding day??” I took the view that it wasn’t really upstaging, I mean yes it’s a signature piece but also when else do you wear your bling if not at a formal event like a wedding? It’s not like anyone could upstage the bride anyway - she’s wearing an outfit that weighs 30kg and her bling probably weighs the same. If someone showed up in full bridal regalia I’d raise an eyebrow but even then I’d just think they’re silly, not that they’ve managed to upstage the bride, even if they were wearing bigger jewelry / nicer clothes etc.

So it got me thinking, is it really possible to “upstage“ the host with your bling? I do try and be cognisant of the theme/level of formality (like if it’s a party and not a wedding) and won’t go inappropriately accessorised, and I’d wear less bling when attending someone’s wedding who I know isn’t going to be as decked out, but I wouldn’t rethink standard staple pieces (I have an expensive dress watch, I’ll still wear that. If I was engaged, I wouldn’t leave behind my ering. Stuff like that).

What do you think?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that anything that drew a lot of attention, could be in danger of upstaging the host/bride. The lady’s headpiece sounds rather grand, and I know in the context of an Indian wedding, everyone goes all out with clothes and jewels, but all eyes should be on the bride. I would never wear white or cream to a wedding, as in my mind, that’s the bride’s prerogative.

I think that anything that drew a lot of attention, could be in danger of upstaging the host/bride. The lady’s headpiece sounds rather grand, and I know in the context of an Indian wedding, everyone goes all out with clothes and jewels, but all eyes should be on the bride. I would never wear white or cream to a wedding, as in my mind, that’s the bride’s prerogative.

I think that’s a fair point. I completely forgot about cultural considerations in my initial question. I do know that white/cream/ivory are totally out of bounds at a Christian/western wedding and I wouldn’t ever make that mistake - I almost did the first time though! The first Christian wedding I ever attended was a morning affair and while going through my dresses I initially pulled out a pretty white lace dress to wear, since I never grew up thinking of white as a wedding colour. Luckily while getting dressed I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and suddenly realised I was going to commit the mother of all faux pas! Immediately changed my clothes before heading out the door (luckily I had something else that worked perfectly well).

it's probably one of the few places that she can wear such an ornament but i agree. it would have been perhaps better worn in a less conspicuous place, like as a pendant.

So do you think it was just the sheer size or visibility of the thing that makes it a bit in bad taste (though wearing head ornaments is pretty common btw, feel like I should clarify for international audiences)? Or would you also feel like wearing huge rocks (let’s say your engagement ring or studs are way bigger than most of your social circle) is also a little upstage-y? (Not attacking your POV, just curious :) )

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that wearing a bunch of bling to a formal event is normal. That's the time to bring out the bling, right? The headpiece sounds uncomfortable. I wouldn't do/wear anything that the bride might find offensive. My daughter is getting married next year, we/she doesn't care what anyone chooses to wear, clothing, bling or blue hair. It's a happy celebration.

inne

Shiny_Rock
I assume that at a wedding, everyone is focused on the couple no matter what any one else is wearing unless it's really extreme. Maybe I am naive, but someone would pretty much have to walk in naked or in a wedding gown of their own to make me think it's an upstaging attempt.

But I also know people who've gotten upset about someone else just *looking nice* at their wedding, so who knows? Weddings can make people a little weird. It's an emotional time!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that I think the idea of upstaging brides is a thing of the past. I think our society, thanks to shows like the Crapdashians, the real housewives, etc, push the idea that one can show up to a wedding looking all that... sexy, glamorous, unique—bc doing so makes the wedding look even more luxurious. I think that’s why there has been such a shift in bridesmaids dresses being neutral colors —like even off-white and blush is acceptable when it used to be unheard of! I would think that icing yourself out for a wedding is just a compliment to how fabulous and luxe the wedding is—so it also complements.
I will tell you that for a few major receptions that I have hosted, I would prefer that to the ahole who showed up in jeans! Yes! And she had the audacity to comment to my own mother that she didn’t see why my mom had done herself up so much for the occasion...so there’s that.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do you think it was just the sheer size or visibility of the thing that makes it a bit in bad taste (though wearing head ornaments is pretty common btw, feel like I should clarify for international audiences)? Or would you also feel like wearing huge rocks (let’s say your engagement ring or studs are way bigger than most of your social circle) is also a little upstage-y? (Not attacking your POV, just curious :) )

i get that the head ornament is normal but it is such a conspicuous place, if she wanted to err on the side of caution maybe wear a different one? but i get that there are few places to wear something so fancy also. i think if you wear a huge engagement ring every day that's one thing, but piling on all your biggest jewels is another, maybe better suited to a different formal event. i'm old fashioned that way though, i think wearing something super sexy to a wedding isn't the best choice either.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I spent too long on this title but it still doesn’t make much sense.

Just a thought that came into my head during a conversation I was having with a friend. We were discussing another friend’s wedding pics that she finally uploaded, wedding was pre corona so a very big affair. There was a guest there who was wearing an enormous head ornament - a circular pendant with a drop that came down to a bit below her brows, it was like a 7.5cm/3inch diameter circle with a huge pearl hanging. Indian weddings tend to be very ornate and everyone dresses up a lot and wears a ton of bling, but that head ornament was SO BIG I was wondering how the lady’s head was still attached to her neck. My friend was all “whoa, why is she trying to upstage the bride on her wedding day??” I took the view that it wasn’t really upstaging, I mean yes it’s a signature piece but also when else do you wear your bling if not at a formal event like a wedding? It’s not like anyone could upstage the bride anyway - she’s wearing an outfit that weighs 30kg and her bling probably weighs the same. If someone showed up in full bridal regalia I’d raise an eyebrow but even then I’d just think they’re silly, not that they’ve managed to upstage the bride, even if they were wearing bigger jewelry / nicer clothes etc.

So it got me thinking, is it really possible to “upstage“ the host with your bling? I do try and be cognisant of the theme/level of formality (like if it’s a party and not a wedding) and won’t go inappropriately accessorised, and I’d wear less bling when attending someone’s wedding who I know isn’t going to be as decked out, but I wouldn’t rethink standard staple pieces (I have an expensive dress watch, I’ll still wear that. If I was engaged, I wouldn’t leave behind my ering. Stuff like that).

What do you think?

i think its all about context and the type of jewlery
i absolutly love the sound of this guest's head orniment but on first read through i was horrified that it sounded too bridal
but from what ive seen on movies, at an Indian wedding it sounds like it would not over shadow the bride

nobody should ever outshine the bride
im not advocating for bridzilla but it is her and her new spouce's big day

maybe a cute wee flower girl could steel some hearts in the cuteness factor but that's my limit
i was kind of horrified at all the attention Pippa Middleton got at Kate and Wills wedding, but those sisters seem to have such a good relationship i do not think it was intentional to steel any of the spotlight away from the bride

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say that I think the idea of upstaging brides is a thing of the past. I think our society, thanks to shows like the Crapdashians, the real housewives, etc, push the idea that one can show up to a wedding looking all that... sexy, glamorous, unique—bc doing so makes the wedding look even more luxurious. I think that’s why there has been such a shift in bridesmaids dresses being neutral colors —like even off-white and blush is acceptable when it used to be unheard of! I would think that icing yourself out for a wedding is just a compliment to how fabulous and luxe the wedding is—so it also complements.
I will tell you that for a few major receptions that I have hosted, I would prefer that to the ahole who showed up in jeans! Yes! And she had the audacity to comment to my own mother that she didn’t see why my mom had done herself up so much for the occasion...so there’s that.

maybe you are right but i do not watch any of those type of tv shows so i wouldn't know - i find that type of tv just unwatchable

i would never ever want to see a quest wear a whole white or cream outfit to a wedding inless it was a theme the bride had organised
they sbould get the bride's (and maybe the bride's mother's approval first)

i wore a cream jacket to Gary's daughter's wedding but with an orange skirt, orange hat, orange shoes and orange clutch !

sexy cleavage i also find pretty gross at a wedding - mind you i find toe cleavage gross :mrgreen2:
maybe some brides would not like quests in orange
i also would not wear black to a wedding inless it was a cocktail wedding like my sister's huge affair

when i get married im wearing olive

I think that wearing a bunch of bling to a formal event is normal. That's the time to bring out the bling, right? The headpiece sounds uncomfortable. I wouldn't do/wear anything that the bride might find offensive. My daughter is getting married next year, we/she doesn't care what anyone chooses to wear, clothing, bling or blue hair. It's a happy celebration.

Honestly, it probably was uncomfortable. I wear headpieces once in a while but I find overly big ones just give you a headache and I refuse to wear them. I do agree that it’s context dependent, ie, make sure you don’t do something that the bride/host wouldn’t like. Part of the reason why I think this lady was in the clear is that I know the bride, and I know she absolutely would not have noticed or cared. I just generalised the question to see how others thought, to see if my thought process is weird or not!

I assume that at a wedding, everyone is focused on the couple no matter what any one else is wearing unless it's really extreme. Maybe I am naive, but someone would pretty much have to walk in naked or in a wedding gown of their own to make me think it's an upstaging attempt.

But I also know people who've gotten upset about someone else just *looking nice* at their wedding, so who knows? Weddings can make people a little weird. It's an emotional time!

No I agree with you 100%! This is the same kind of view I hold. I also don’t think that that kind of attempt is viewed positively by any means, if someone does try to show up the bride at a wedding they’d just be the weirdo in a wedding dress, no? Also a bit of a moot point at indian weddings - you’re pretty much expected to rewear your wedding outfit, without a veil and a few bride specific things, and with less bling etc of course but the outfit itself is fair game. Some people switch it up by getting a new blouse or something.

I agree that I would much rather people turn up overdressed rather than underdressed for an event hosted by me. The thing you said about being decked out is a compliment to how fancy the event is - yes! Agree completely!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it got me thinking, is it really possible to “upstage“ the host with your bling?

I don't think so. Must one drive a worse car and wear cheaper clothes and appear less attractive to avoid upstaging others? What if the hosts are of modest means or have poor taste? How low must one go to avoid upstaging them?

I mean I agree with not wearing a white gown to someone else's (American) wedding and I would dress and accessorize with humility if I were meeting the financially struggling parents of a kid's GF or BF. But beyond that, I don't know...

i think its all about context and the type of jewlery
i absolutly love the sound of this guest's head orniment but on first read through i was horrified that it sounded too bridal
but from what ive seen on movies, at an Indian wedding it sounds like it would not over shadow the bride

nobody should ever outshine the bride
im not advocating for bridzilla but it is her and her new spouce's big day

maybe a cute wee flower girl could steel some hearts in the cuteness factor but that's my limit
i was kind of horrified at all the attention Pippa Middleton got at Kate and Wills wedding, but those sisters seem to have such a good relationship i do not think it was intentional to steel any of the spotlight away from the bride

Definitely context specific! And intentions matter too. I think the thing is, there are certain accessories that are pretty much quintessentially bridal - like a big nose ring, or a head covering (sort of like a veil I suppose but not covering the face, just at the back), and if someone wears that, it’s just weird. That’s like “gentle reminder, this is not your wedding” territory. It’s the equivalent of wearing a long white lacy gown to a Christian wedding (to me, anyway. Don’t want to presume for an entire culture even if it’s mine). But a head ornament is like a pair of earrings in that it isn’t coded as specifically bridal. Interestingly, while I do know some brides who wear big headpieces, usually you have so much other bling on near your face (large earrings, large nose ring, at least one big blingy necklace) etc that I usually see brides wearing slightly smaller headpieces so that you can see some face under all the bling.

Still agree though, that it’s not done to try and steal the bride’s attention on her special day, though I should say I don’t think that lady was trying to do that (I don’t know her, but she wasn’t wearing anything else that was very stand out. She wore nice clothes, but her only other bling that I noticed were studs and watch and ring). Also, I was actually there at the wedding, and I didn’t notice her at all. I probably still wouldn’t have even now if there wasn’t a close up picture of her in the wedding photos and my friend hadn’t pointed her out (she didn’t attend the wedding, so she wanted to experience it vicariously through the pics).

I don't think so. Must one drive a worse car and wear cheaper clothes and appear less attractive to avoid upstaging others? What if the hosts are of modest means or have poor taste? How low must one go to avoid upstaging them?

I mean I agree with not wearing a white gown to someone else's (American) wedding and I would dress and accessorize with humility if I were meeting the financially struggling parents of a kid's GF or BF. But beyond that, I don't know...

I agree with this quite a bit. I will say that when I attend an event of someone who is from more modest means, I tend to dress down a little (like I have two very dear friends who I knew wouldn’t be able to afford a lot for their wedding, so I abstained from wearing a lot / very expensive bling, wore less expensive clothes, though still appropriate for the occasion). And of course, if meeting someone in a small gathering you dress to be at the midpoint of “extra” of the group.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely context specific! And intentions matter too. I think the thing is, there are certain accessories that are pretty much quintessentially bridal - like a big nose ring, or a head covering (sort of like a veil I suppose but not covering the face, just at the back), and if someone wears that, it’s just weird. That’s like “gentle reminder, this is not your wedding” territory. It’s the equivalent of wearing a long white lacy gown to a Christian wedding (to me, anyway. Don’t want to presume for an entire culture even if it’s mine). But a head ornament is like a pair of earrings in that it isn’t coded as specifically bridal. Interestingly, while I do know some brides who wear big headpieces, usually you have so much other bling on near your face (large earrings, large nose ring, at least one big blingy necklace) etc that I usually see brides wearing slightly smaller headpieces so that you can see some face under all the bling.

Still agree though, that it’s not done to try and steal the bride’s attention on her special day, though I should say I don’t think that lady was trying to do that (I don’t know her, but she wasn’t wearing anything else that was very stand out. She wore nice clothes, but her only other bling that I noticed were studs and watch and ring). Also, I was actually there at the wedding, and I didn’t notice her at all. I probably still wouldn’t have even now if there wasn’t a close up picture of her in the wedding photos and my friend hadn’t pointed her out (she didn’t attend the wedding, so she wanted to experience it vicariously through the pics).

when you have time can you possibly please find a pix on the net of something similar - i really love the sound of it

when you have time can you possibly please find a pix on the net of something similar - i really love the sound of it

I did some searching for you and I couldn’t find something that worked exactly, but I can describe it and then post some pictures.

So it was in WG, diamond and pearl (melee diamonds, not big solitaires) which is unusual since indian jewelry is usually with polki (uncut diamond) and in YG. It was a mathapatti, which is a word to describe two or three lines of stones that act like a harness to hold your maangtikka, which is the circular pendant, to the head.

7CA00A26-01EE-47A3-90C5-ED5B5AD417E7.jpeg
This is an example of the kind of size I am talking about, though the pendant didn’t look like this.

For the one that the lady was wearing, she had pave melee rounds arranged in 3 lines (corresponding to the polki squares in the pic above), and each line of diamonds had a row of pearls on either side. The central pendant took up almost as much forehead space as the one above and then it had a huge pearl hanging from it which came slightly below the brows. The central pendant had lots of melee in a similar-ish shape and style to this below (but it had a bit more gap in places as opposed to this one which seems to have no open space at all), and instead of red stones, had pearls embedded in the pendant, and the aforementioned pearl drop which is missing in both pics:

8068C353-B693-4301-B89B-35544EEFDA3A.jpeg

Hope that’s at least a little bit clear, haha. It did strike me that the thing must be convertible to a pendant and she must wear it like one more often than a headpiece - the sheer number of pins taken to keep that to the head would give me a migraine.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did some searching for you and I couldn’t find something that worked exactly, but I can describe it and then post some pictures.

So it was in WG, diamond and pearl (melee diamonds, not big solitaires) which is unusual since indian jewelry is usually with polki (uncut diamond) and in YG. It was a mathapatti, which is a word to describe two or three lines of stones that act like a harness to hold your maangtikka, which is the circular pendant, to the head.

This is an example of the kind of size I am talking about, though the pendant didn’t look like this.

For the one that the lady was wearing, she had pave melee rounds arranged in 3 lines (corresponding to the polki squares in the pic above), and each line of diamonds had a row of pearls on either side. The central pendant took up almost as much forehead space as the one above and then it had a huge pearl hanging from it which came slightly below the brows. The central pendant had lots of melee in a similar-ish shape and style to this below (but it had a bit more gap in places as opposed to this one which seems to have no open space at all), and instead of red stones, had pearls embedded in the pendant, and the aforementioned pearl drop which is missing in both pics:

Hope that’s at least a little bit clear, haha. It did strike me that the thing must be convertible to a pendant and she must wear it like one more often than a headpiece - the sheer number of pins taken to keep that to the head would give me a migraine.

it sounds quite beautiful
maybe she doesn't get invited to enough formal events so she jumped at the chance to wear it to this wedding without even thinking

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone could upstage the bride. All eyes are on her and even if someone dresses somewhat inappropriately that might take some attention for a moment but that's it. I try not to be concerned with what others might or might not do because that isn't within our control. Just focus on what is important and that is marrying the love of your life and ensuring your guests enjoy a lovely celebration with you.

We had a black tie affair for our wedding. One of our guests did not own nor did he want to rent a tuxedo. He called us and asked us how we felt if he wore a dark tie and a dark suit. I was 100% A OK with that. I thought it was incredibly respectful of him to call and ask. I also had a guest wear ivory. She is of a different cultural background where that is the norm for guests to wear at a wedding. I told her that was completely fine. It didn't take anyone's attention away from the main event.

And as for jewelry I say wear whatever makes you happy! As someone else posted above breaking out the big bling is perfect for a wedding IMO. Though the enormous head pendant described above by @AllAboardTheBlingTrain does sound OTT. I mean traditionally (in my social circles that is) the only one wearing a head piece during a wedding is the bride. And personally I wouldn't wear one at someone else's wedding. But it wouldn't upset me. At all.

As I said a wedding is to dress up and have fun. For me, if my guests have fun that is a successful celebration. That is my benchmark for a successful celebration.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is gorgeous. It wouldn't upset me. She dressed with respect for the occasion and looks beautiful.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, thanks for the pics, I was dying to see that headpiece!!!

As I age I'm appreciating conventions re. dresscodes more... At least you know where you stand.
I. E. Normally in a white tie affair you're supposed to or at least allowed to wear a tiara.
I'd personally always prefer "white tie invited" So everyone knows that it's welcome to wear your all out blingtastic gear, but since some people don't feel comfortable doing so it don't have anything in their closet, it's no biggie if they don't.

Nowadays people write black tie, but expect what *they * think is formal. So some will be upset when guests show up in less than a ball gown, some don't want the biggest guns out not to be upstaged...

I'm not familiar with Indian weddings though, so can't comment on the headpiece... IMHO the bride will be beaming with joy and no one can upstage THAT anyway!!

Eta: @missy put it perfectly!

I don't think anyone could upstage the bride. All eyes are on her and even if someone dresses somewhat inappropriately that might take some attention for a moment but that's it. I try not to be concerned with what others might or might not do because that isn't within our control. Just focus on what is important and that is marrying the love of your life and ensuring your guests enjoy a lovely celebration with you.

We had a black tie affair for our wedding. One of our guests did not own nor did he want to rent a tuxedo. He called us and asked us how we felt if he wore a dark tie and a dark suit. I was 100% A OK with that. I thought it was incredibly respectful of him to call and ask. I also had a guest wear ivory. She is of a different cultural background where that is the norm for guests to wear at a wedding. I told her that was completely fine. It didn't take anyone's attention away from the main event.

And as for jewelry I say wear whatever makes you happy! As someone else posted above breaking out the big bling is perfect for a wedding IMO. Though the enormous head pendant described above by @AllAboardTheBlingTrain does sound OTT. I mean traditionally (in my social circles that is) the only one wearing a head piece during a wedding is the bride. And personally I wouldn't wear one at someone else's wedding. But it wouldn't upset me. At all.

As I said a wedding is to dress up and have fun. For me, if my guests have fun that is a successful celebration. That is my benchmark for a successful celebration.

I think we feel quite similarly! I mean, it’s not wrong to take a different view, up to each individual. I guess if you’re planning to go all out it’s safest to do so only if you know what the host / bride’s stance is on these things so you make sure you don’t inadvertently offend. But I’m with you - I would love it if people went all out for any event hosted by me. If nothing else, it gives me a chance to ogle more bling ;-)

Ha, thanks for the pics, I was dying to see that headpiece!!!

As I age I'm appreciating conventions re. dresscodes more... At least you know where you stand.
I. E. Normally in a white tie affair you're supposed to or at least allowed to wear a tiara.
I'd personally always prefer "white tie invited" So everyone knows that it's welcome to wear your all out blingtastic gear, but since some people don't feel comfortable doing so it don't have anything in their closet, it's no biggie if they don't.

Nowadays people write black tie, but expect what *they * think is formal. So some will be upset when guests show up in less than a ball gown, some don't want the biggest guns out not to be upstaged...

I'm not familiar with Indian weddings though, so can't comment on the headpiece... IMHO the bride will be beaming with joy and no one can upstage THAT anyway!!

It’s not exactly the same, but this is the closest I could find! I don’t own any headpieces this big because frankly my head would fall off haha.

Ooooh if I ever get invited to a white tie affair I NEED to get me a tiara! When else will I have a chance to wear one!!

totally agree with your last sentence - no one can upstage the bridal glow and joy!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goooooodness now I want to be invited to an Indian wedding. And sorry not sorry, if I had such a glorious white gold and diamond and pearl headpiece I'd want to wear that out, too....
I'd wear that to do my laundry, actually!!!
ETa: I'd be very happy if an Indian friend of mine showed up in that wonderful glittery goodness... Here they tend to respectfully adapt to local customs, which is very boring compared to Indian wedding attire

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we feel quite similarly! I mean, it’s not wrong to take a different view, up to each individual. I guess if you’re planning to go all out it’s safest to do so only if you know what the host / bride’s stance is on these things so you make sure you don’t inadvertently offend. But I’m with you - I would love it if people went all out for any event hosted by me. If nothing else, it gives me a chance to ogle more bling ;-)

Exactly! You are invited to any of my future celebrations going forward. And please wear whatever pleases you and bling out as much as you want!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Goooooodness now I want to be invited to an Indian wedding. And sorry not sorry, if I had such a glorious white gold and diamond and pearl headpiece I'd want to wear that out, too....
I'd wear that to do my laundry, actually!!!
ETa: I'd be very happy if an Indian friend of mine showed up in that wonderful glittery goodness... Here they tend to respectfully adapt to local customs, which is very boring compared to Indian wedding attire

I had a really close European friend of mine make me promise that I’d attend her wedding in Indian clothes and accessories :D apparently I’m going to be the entertainment!

If you do ever have the chance to attend an Indian wedding and you would like help sourcing clothes and accessories at an affordable price - please let me know! I would love to help you!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You too! Any celebrations going forward if you are in our area you are invited! It would be an honor and privilege to meet some of you who I have not yet met in person. :appl:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really close European friend of mine make me promise that I’d attend her wedding in Indian clothes and accessories :D apparently I’m going to be the entertainment!

If you do ever have the chance to attend an Indian wedding and you would like help sourcing clothes and accessories at an affordable price - please let me know! I would love to help you!!

Thank❤ you!!
And you're going to be the star of the show!

And I'd love your advice in the unlikely event!!
And I admit that I just googled Indian weddings and discovered Nazraana YouTube channel and watched an episode :oops:*hangs head in shame*

It's noon here...
But man, those clothes are pretty!!!

I am Camembert-white, though, so I guess I'd be quite the sight and the dress would probably wear me!!

Thank❤ you!!
And you're going to be the star of the show!

And I'd love your advice in the unlikely event!!
And I admit that I just googled Indian weddings and discovered Nazraana YouTube channel and watched an episode :oops:*hangs head in shame*

It's noon here...
But man, those clothes are pretty!!!

I am Camembert-white, though, so I guess I'd be quite the sight and the dress would probably wear me!!

If you liked Nazranaa you must watch Band Baaja Bride! It’s an Indian show as opposed to an American one and the clothes are by the most amazing Indian clothes designer ever - Sabyasachi (he is like the Vera Wang + Oscar de la Renta of indian weddings). Or just watch wedding videos by videographers (I’m a bit ashamed to admit that I watch videos of strangers in my free time but soooooo pretttttyyyyyy!) I think the show is in both English and Hindi and they took most of the episodes off the Internet unfortunately, but there are some short clips and stuff still uploaded where you can cut through all the fluff and look at the clothes and bling :D

Also, you can def wear Indian clothes - skin color doesn’t dictate how you look in them :D I can totally imagine you will look wonderful in something like a soft pink or lilac or baby blue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results