shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take your jewelry when going on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Depends where I''m going. If it''s to a developing country then no, it would be inappropriate to flaunt frivolous wealth in front of people who have so little. Then again, when I''m in BKK with my Thai friend, who''s very wealthy, I sometimes wish I had nice jewelry with me but I cant be bothered stressing over babysitting it so I leave the goodies at home. Like IG, I''ve had a little diamond band I''ve worn for years and years as my "unwanted male attention deterrent" device. In fact, I have it on right now, in the Caribbean, because I decided at the last minute, that I didn''t want to risk damaging my wband since it''s vintage art deco and I was going to be lugging heavy boxes and luggage around alot on this trip. That said, I think I''m going to wear my diamond wband in the future and I may get a plain plat band to wear when I dont want any bling on the finger.

If I''m traveling in the US, I''d wear my ering, studs, etc. no problem. If I was going to Paris or someplace like that, I''d probably wear my ering there too. Just depends if I''m going to be wearing it all the time or taking it off alot (for sports ,etc.). Remember back in the day, when the very elite had "paste" copies made of all their baubles? It sounded like they almost never actually wore their real goods, just the paste. So weird!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2007 12:33:56 PM
Author: surfgirl

If I''m traveling in the US, I''d wear my ering, studs, etc. no problem. If I was going to Paris or someplace like that, I''d probably wear my ering there too. Just depends if I''m going to be wearing it all the time or taking it off alot (for sports ,etc.). Remember back in the day, when the very elite had ''paste'' copies made of all their baubles? It sounded like they almost never actually wore their real goods, just the paste. So weird!
I''d rather wear nothing than the fake stuff. Some women at the hotel had CZ on and I could see it right away. I don''t know what it is but the fake stuff always screams ''FAKE'' to me.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though my jewelry is insured, I think it''s unsafe to bring to other crountries for other reasons. I think wearing nice jewelry calls attention to the fact that you have money and people would be more likely to pick pocket you or worse. I also carry all of my money and passports in a money belt that gets tucked into my pants instead of in a wallet or purse. Maybe I''m anal, but I think it''s better being safe then sorry. When I travel to other countries I wear a plain cheapo wedding band and no other jewelry except maybe sterling silver hoops. My hubby wears his original band that is not flashy. I feel better leaving them home and I have a better trip not worrying about my jewelry.

When I travel in the United States especially to places I am familiar with I usually bring my e-ring and wedding band, and maybe one other piece. I wear all of them all the time and don''t leave any of them in the hotel room. If I''m staying with my parents of course I feel comfortable leaving things and bringing more jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results