shape
carat
color
clarity

do you see many women wearing big diamonds in your area,like in the shopping malls? ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2008 8:57:58 AM
Author: trinity911
Like a couple of the other posters, I live in London (that''s London, England
28.gif
) and the norm is to have a lot of metal (mainly gold but some platinum / white gold these days) and not much diamond - typically .3 - .5. I don''t think pave bands or even side stones are seen much here.

My 2ct pave oval is quite unusual (and I''m under 30) especially working in the healthcare system but having said that, a couple of colleagues didn''t notice I was engaged for months so either my ring doesn''t stand out enough or they just don''t clock jewellery. If that was me, I''d be in like a heat seeking missile, asking all sorts of questions!
31.gif
but that''s just me, I think my FI thinks I''m somewhat crazy. He''s from Ireland and they don''t care much for big diamonds there either altho his sis has a 1ct, the biggest in their area.

I think Londoners notice designer handbags and expensive cars more than jewellery. Plus, there are so many B&M stores trying to flog awful quality diamonds for huge ££s. It makes me want to stick a pricescope banner over their windows to avoid more poor unsuspecting people being conned!
29.gif
I agree. I am the other way though, as a Brit I drive a rubbish car and will pay a lot for my handbags and bling and watches!!!
9.gif

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:00:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

28.gif
) and the norm is to have a lot of metal (mainly gold but some platinum / white gold these days) and not much diamond - typically .3 - .5. I don''t think pave bands or even side stones are seen much here.

My 2ct pave oval is quite unusual (and I''m under 30) especially working in the healthcare system but having said that, a couple of colleagues didn''t notice I was engaged for months so either my ring doesn''t stand out enough or they just don''t clock jewellery. If that was me, I''d be in like a heat seeking missile, asking all sorts of questions!
31.gif
but that''s just me, I think my FI thinks I''m somewhat crazy. He''s from Ireland and they don''t care much for big diamonds there either altho his sis has a 1ct, the biggest in their area.

I think Londoners notice designer handbags and expensive cars more than jewellery. Plus, there are so many B&M stores trying to flog awful quality diamonds for huge ££s. It makes me want to stick a pricescope banner over their windows to avoid more poor unsuspecting people being conned!
29.gif
Date: 8/4/2008 9:00:36 AM
Author: Lorelei

28.gif

31.gif

29.gif
I agree. I am the other way though, as a Brit I drive a rubbish car and will pay a lot for my handbags and bling and watches!!!
9.gif
9.gif
And with the price of petrol being as it is - over £1.20 ) that''s $2.40 a litre or over $12 a gallon - I think we''ll see more Brits with more modest cars and bigger handbags and watches. Oh, and plasma TVs. For some reason, big plasmas are the norm in the UK, even (or maybe particularly!) for those unemployed and in social housing. Go figure
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results