shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like this princess just on looks?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

picky

Rough_Rock
Hope no one flames me...I wanted to know what other people thought about the looks of this princess. I need an outside opinion because I think I''m being to "picky":

ring002.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
ring001.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
ringbowtie010.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
ringbowtie005.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
Last one.

ringbowtie004.jpg

picky

Rough_Rock
*bump*

I''m starting to think the yellow gold is getting to me...like it''s not showing off the F color well enough or something.

No one''s replied...is that ''cause people think it''s ugly? I still have the return option...
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2005 10:38:45 PM
Author: picky
*bump*

No one's replied...is that 'cause people think it's ugly? I still have the return option...

Noooo it's the time. Pricescope is mostly dead at 5am CET+2 (my time).

Simple YG wide band & square diam = DREAM RING. Anyone else believes it's ugly?
31.gif

Btw... (remembering of the bow tie thread). No one asks you to love the ring either, no? If you want to change it, there doesn't have to be a reason. And I'd bet you cna do it in a couple of days if you so wish.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s Thanksgiving, many people aren''t online right now. You''ll get plenty of responses tomorrow. It''s a lovely ring, but YOU have to be happy with it. Sounds to me like you are having your doubts, as you spoke of in another thread. We can sing it''s praises until the cows come home, but it''s you that is wearing it, not us. Seriously, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2005 10:51:16 PM
Author: kaleigh

It''s Thanksgiving
Oh!
9.gif
forgot about it....

picky

Rough_Rock
haha. Yeah I forgot about thanksgiving as I''m not celebrating. THanks for your replies. I guess I am really looking for other people''s opinions though. I want to know if people think it''s ugly or pretty....if people like the contrast and looks of the diamond (without knowing the numbers).

I actually hope that if people don''t like it, they will say so. I like to hear a range of honest opinions.

I don''t know what to think about it. I love it sometimes, and then other times I plagued by doubt...did I pick the right setting...does the diamond look pretty...etc....
I''m really indecisive.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its one of the nicer princess cut diamond iv seen pictures of.
awesome job on the pictures.

There is some head shadow contrast but I think it adds to the looks of the diamond in those lighting conditions.
if it was equal brightness all over it would be boring.

but then again im not into princess cuts at all so my thoughts arent worth much :}

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone itself looks beautiful in the pictures, but I don''t like yellow gold, especially with such an icy-color stone! I also don''t care for the width of the band matching almost the width of the stone, it doesn''t seem to "pop" from the setting. I think I would personally go with a much thinner band, with diamonds or without.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know anything about princess cut diamonds, but it looks nice to me. I personally don''t care for the width of the band...it doesn''t really make the diamond "pop". I''m not a huge fan of yellow gold so I think that the width of the band stands out too much. A much thinner yellow gold band would look make that diamond really show! IMO of course
9.gif
When you add an w-ring, the width will be bigger than the centerpiece (the diamond).

I don''t hate your ring at all...it''s just not my taste as far as the width of the band, but of course you need to go with what you love!
30.gif
Whether it''s this ring or not.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
As I said in the other thread, your stone is better than average. It's not my preference, but if it's yours, GREAT! That being said, I do think it would look MUCH better in a different setting. I think the setting it's currently in would look great with an emerald cut stone, but think it takes away from your stone. I would set your stone in something thinner that really showcases your stone. Also, because it is so icy white you might want to consider white gold or platinum. Just a thought!

picky

Rough_Rock
Yes, thank you everyone. I had my heart set on yellow gold...but I really do think it''s not working with the F color...especially because the yellow sides come right up to the sides of the diamond and I believe the diamond really is picking up the yellow color.

I am looking at a platinum setting with bagguettes...only 2.3 mm wide (the thinnest offered). I thought I hated platinum but I''ve noticed other women''s platium diamond rings and it makes their diamonds "pop". I am also going to change out the diamond for a very similar one (ideal/D/Si1) with both depth and table at 70% (the best combo available from what I''ve seen on their site).

I''ll be hitting the post office in the morning. My fiance may be a little upset with me, but I think in the end he''ll understand that I''ve been looking forward to my first diamond my entire life. *shrug*

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Hi Picky,
Isn''t it weird how what we think we want turns out to be different in the end? My e-ring is nothing like what I originally wanted.

I think that the yellow gold is not a good match for the colour of the diamond - the contrast seems stark somehow, Like the white diamond actually makes the gold look reallllly yellow. Not what I would have expected.

Also, I think that your stone looks lovely. But again, I am not a princess fan! In your other post, you talk about the pattern of light contrast on your stone, i think that is what I don''t like about those stones in general. I am finding some of the newer square cuts to be interesting though....

Hope that you find what you want - you will definately not be the first or last woman to change her mind!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picky I am not in any way an expert on Princess cuts, I do honestly think your diamond is pretty, but if you aren''t happy with it, if you keep looking at it and you don''t get that little burst of joy, don''t feel bad for changing it! It is your most important piece of jewellery and you want to be able to love it forever, it doesn''t matter that there is nothing wrong with the diamond, if it just doesn''t speak to you the way it should. This can happen, so if you are having doubts, try again and find one you adore! Hope this helps and good luck
35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Picky,
If it was just "buyers remorse" I''d say .. hold onto that beauty. The stone looks good to me - though I don''t prefer princesses generally. But the fact that you''re 2nd guessing the setting too -- I kinda agree. The wide gold band & angular stone end up looking kinda "masculine" for a ladies ering IMO. I love bezel settings and always thought I''d have a bezel set ering, but when I chose Asscher cut ... bezel ones without halos looked "guy-ish"& I changed my mind.

You''ll be looking at it, wearing it, etc EVERY DAY. It should really speak to you. Believe me: even when you 100% love something, you''ll still have SOME doubts, cause like life nothing is ever perfect, perfect or meets EVERY expectation & criteria. From all you''ve said in both threads ... i don''t think you 100% love this one .. yet.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Picky,

Here''s a link to Kaleidoscopic''s ring. It is a princess with bagettes. I think it is gorgeous and very similar to what what you have picked out in your link above. I really like the long bagettes on each side of he princess.

picky

Rough_Rock
I should have picked a better user name. If only I would have known I''d post this much.
38.gif
But everyone seems cool and I appreciate all of your help.

Yes, I plan on now sending it back. But I''m worried about insurance at this point. I feel I must insure it, if at all possible, just for this short time. What if I send it back, they recieve it, and then while trying to take out the stone they crack it...then try to say they recieved it broken? I''m getting paranoid now... they were trustworthy with my last stone but perhaps they are getting tired of dealing with me. heh. They could lie and say they recieved it in a broken state and then try to refuse replacement.

Just thinking of the worst now...it''s best to plan for the worst. So I should be looking into insurance today. Does anyone have any thoughts on the necessity of insurance for the one week I am entrusting it back into the care of the company?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I think I must be one of the few people who likes yellow gold with diamonds. I like the contrast and I just like the look of yellow gold. This stone looks very pretty. I agree with the others, the setting doesn''t really show off the stone well. How about a similar band but thinner. . . .

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I would just pay the shipping insurance. It should cover the vendor "receiving" a chipped diamond or whatever.

So what are the other specs on the 70/70 princess? Is the crown still 10% or higher? What are the other numbers?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful. I prefer white metals, but as yellow gold goes, I think this is a beautiful stone in a classy setting. I could see it with a simple YG wedding band or a think diamond band. With a big $ purchase it is hard to convince yourself if it is perfect or not... if you have the time, perhaps take a few more days to wear it around and continue to form your opinion.
The thing with diamonds, is that there are so many attractive ones out there with many attractive settings- IMO it is hard to choose the "best" because there are so many nice ones.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I would send it registered insured. That is a safe way to mail. The insurance will cost, but it will give you peace of mind.

picky

Rough_Rock

I would just pay the shipping insurance. It should cover the vendor "receiving" a chipped diamond or whatever.
So what are the other specs on the 70/70 princess? Is the crown still 10% or higher? What are the other numbers?

Ah. So if the people at the company try to say they recieved a broken diamond, then i could claim that the diamond was broken in shipping? The diamond is NOT broken by the way, I''m just trying to cover all the bases in case of misfortune. I wonder if USPS would accept that claim? This is very confusing.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2005 9:15:44 PM
Author: Prisms

You seem to care far too much about cut details to reply on those two numbers!!! They cannot tell anything about the light patterns and brilliance that you describe in your current diamond. It may take shipping back and forth several DOZEN before getting lucky.

In-store cut grades that do not explain on what they are based are not helping...

Of course it is easy (and probably pays) for them to claim that a certain ''magic'' table & depth combination is somehow ideal'' because those numbers come at no additional cost on lab reports. These silly ''cut grades'' gingerly by-pass explaining how those two numbers relate to brilliance and what exactly makes them better. The same silly picture showing ''brilliance'' with some arrows pointing outwards from the stone (you know, three for ''dull'' and 10 for ''ideal'') pops out in dozens of places and means nothing.

Sorry for being harsh
7.gif

picky

Rough_Rock
Here''s the new one I was lookin at. I didn''t ship the diamond yet:

Cut: Signature Princess
Color: D
Clarity: SI1 (they say all the signitures are VERY eyeclean. My current Si looks perfect to me)
Depth %: 70.0%
Table %: 70%
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick to thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.81x5.56x3.89 mm
Crown height: 10.5%
Length/width ratio: 1.04

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can they show it to you in a picture... so that you don''t end up with the same problem?

picky

Rough_Rock
Nope. No way. Never gonna happen.
20.gif
(rolly eyes directed at the diamond vendor)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results