• No, never

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Depends what I did to my hair that day

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buzz cut my own hair to keep it barely visible.
Now that I'm mostly gray and balding, I see my own hair as a nuisance rather than something that enhances my appearance.
I'd rather just get rid of it and get used to how I look.

That's also why I'm not worried about washing away protective natural oils and I lather rinse repeat till it's squeaky clean.
(I also floss my teeth till they squeak.)

I use no conditioner or any other gunk.
There is no hair there to really see or feel.

My approach is kind of the opposite of clinging to my 20-something appearance.
Actually instead of feeling bad that I look like this (submitting to the brainwashing of the zillion-dollar beauty industry) I find great peace of mind by accepting nature and aging.

People vary.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i ALWAYS shampoo twice :razz: i'm shocked more dont.

i use organic shampoo and conditioner and i find the shampoo doesn't spread or lather as much as i'd like. so i slap some shampoo on, halfheartedly lather and then rinse off. the second time it spreads out and lathers so easily. foams up twice as well the second time and hair feels much cleaner. i dont find i use shampoo quickly than conditioner cos i'm quite generous with my conditioner. and i don't find it strips my hair cos its quite long so i only wash it every 2 or 3 days. it takes forever to dry and i think washing too regularly would strip it of its moisture.

i started shampooing twice because of my organic shampoo (www.moogoo.com.au) but i find it better even when i'm using other shampoos

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all!

I've been MIA the last few days due to traveling out of town for work. Just wanted to pop back in to thank everyone for their comments and for giving their POVs, experiences, and for generating good conversation.

For those of you who'd still like to weigh in, keep the votes and comments coming!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results