Votes: 2 3.4%
  • No, never

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Depends what I did to my hair that day

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Rarely do I shampoo twice in the shower, but I notice that my fine, oily hair responds pretty well when I do. It just seems to have a little more volume and bounce. Does anyone else notice an improvement when shampooing twice? Or does it have a negative effect on your hair?

And does anyone know if there's any real reason we should shampoo twice? Or is it just a ploy by the shampoo companies to get us to go through our products twice as fast? :$$):

Thanks!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do shampoo bottles still say that? I'll have to check mine - I always thought it was a ploy to get you to use up the shampoo faster. I don't repeat, usually running late and don't have much time as it is!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I did the same thing, junebug! I checked my bottles, and while some said "repeat if desired", others said to follow up with that brand's conditioner, haha! So while the "repeat" instruction may not be as common as it once was, they're still working an angle to get us to use more! I'm still curious to see if anyone got stuck on repeat and are still repeating. I think this post could turn into a limerick soon ;))

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not ever "repeat"

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have really oily hair. If I wash it and it doesn't get completely clean the first time, I will repeat. This is usually my fault. The problem is usually due to not spreading the shampoo thoroughly or not using enough shampoo. I use pureology and it is really concentrated. I try to use a small amount and sometimes I undershoot. This leads me to repeating. :???:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Snicklefritz|1370527864|3460077 said:
I did the same thing, junebug! I checked my bottles, and while some said "repeat if desired", others said to follow up with that brand's conditioner, haha! So while the "repeat" instruction may not be as common as it once was, they're still working an angle to get us to use more! I'm still curious to see if anyone got stuck on repeat and are still repeating. I think this post could turn into a limerick soon ;))

That's what my bottle says, and that's exactly what I do! No repeating for me.

ETA: I have had to repeat in the past, but only on rare occasions...usually after prom/theater performances/any time my hair was completely encased in hair spray...just to ensure all the product was out.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always. My hair used to be extremely oily and would never get clean unless I did this. It's become a habit even though my hair is much less oily these days.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I had no idea our bottles say this. I usually only wash the crown area of my hair, and let the shampoo drip down and do the rinsing on the bottom. My hair is really damaged and dry, so I don't want to wash the middle and ends as thoroughly. So sometimes, I do "repeat" because washing the crown wasn't enough for that day. I also have very oily roots, so I only condition the mid-ends of the hair shaft. My roots are always very frizzy because of this! But I prefer frizzy > oily. I hate the feeling of oily hair. :blackeye:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only shampoo my hair once a week to once every week and a half. The rest of the time I wash my hair with conditioner only. I don't repeat when I do shampoo my hair.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hair is long now and I only wash my whole head of hair about every five days, and when I do that I do repeat. My hair is also fine and I find it gets cleaner that way.

The rest of the week I only shampoo my bangs and the root areas around my neck face where my hair gets oily or sweaty from running. And I don't repeat when I do that.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My hair is extrmely dry and sort of frizzy so if I do anything I do a deep conditioner multiple times. :knockout:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Almost never. The only legitimate reason that I could think of to even suggest a lather, rinse, repeat cycle is because you use more product and therefore, the company earns more profit when you purchase it more frequently. I see no benefit and it seems wasteful.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never repeat. I wash my hair once a day, it seems to fall into the category of "normal" and I use regular old Tresemme 6 days a week, and a "deep cleansing" version once a week for clarifying purposes. My hair does well with this formula of sorts, and I like to make sure I wash the pollution/anything in the air that sticks to it including pollen/dust/etc. out of it daily. It's relatively long (past my bra band) so my thought is that it attracts a fair amount of gook whether it feels clean or not. I rarely use any product, just go over it very briefly with a flat iron to tame flyaways and style my long bangs.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always do. My hair is no longer as oily as it used to be, but if I go more than two days between shampoos, a single wash just doesn't leave my scalp feeling clean.

ETA - my hair is cut really short.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Never. When I do this, my hair feels squeaky clean, as if I had used dishsoap. I feel it strips my hair.

My hair is a little on the oily side and one shampoo always seems fine for me. I now wash only every second day.

Anne

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I never do. My hair is down to my waist, so that's a lot of added work, and a lot of wasted product.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I have very thick hair which does tend to be frizzy. I also pay to have it colored every month so I only wash it every other day, to help the color hold longer. I don't ever wash twice but do condition with every wash. I use Moroccan Oil Shampoo, conditioner and a drop of the oil before blow drying. I flat iron every day. No hairspray or other styling products, I hate stiff hair.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, every day!
Of course!

I cannot image not washing my hair, what little I have, every day.

YUCK-O-RAMA!

Please, oh Please, don't tell my people vary on this one too? :o :o :o

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
anne_h|1370565683|3460545 said:
Never. When I do this, my hair feels squeaky clean, as if I had used dishsoap. I feel it strips my hair.

I repeat till it squeaks.
I can't image leaving grease in my hair.
YUCK!

Wouldn't that make you want to change your pillow case 3 times a night? :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1370574881|3460685 said:
Yes, every day!
Of course!

YUCK-O-RAMA!

BIG TIME! I'm a day and a halfer, myself. My hair just gets to dry if I wash every 24 hours. I never wash it twice when I do wash it though, I wash and then deep condition.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1370574881|3460685 said:
Yes, every day!
Of course!

YUCK-O-RAMA!

Ha ha Ive gotten told off by multiple hairdressers for using shampoo every three days. I should be striving to only do it once a week. I'll let you in on a secret, at least in Europe, many women dont wash their hair every day. In fact I know several that do it once a week or less. Oh and we don't shower everyday either (I wash my face, under arms and intimates every day but not my entire body).

Regarding the pillow cases, since I don't overuse products on my hair, then it doesn't get greasy until day 5. So no, my pillow cases are just lovely. Using shampoo so often actually makes your scalp produce more oils and get greasier faster. Think for example of all the elegant old ladies, they do definitively not wash their hair everyday. Oh and I always end up receiving nice comments about the way I smell, people have often sniffed my skin or hair and commented on it, even when I am not wearing anything. (Yes I find it slightly weird, when people I don't know that well get up all close and sniff).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I wash my hair every other day (sometimes every day depending specific circumstances but I try for every other since I have dry hair). I deep condition before my shower for about an hour and a half to two hours while I work out and then I rinse the deep conditioner off in the shower, shampoo, rinse and then condition with my lighter conditioner and rinse that off and I'm done. It's exhausting lol but my hair is very delicate and if I don't deep condition before my shower it gets frizzy. When you shampoo and your hair squeaks I think that means you have washed off protective oils etc so that is not something I like to hear after I shampoo.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1370574975|3460687 said:

YUCK!

Wouldn't that make you want to change your pillow case 3 times a night? :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

Oh Kenny, this post is hilarious! Are you super-super house-proud?!

I have a secret... dry hair shampoo! (Karl Lagerfield got me on to it :Up_to_something: )
before that I had to wash every night...what a bore!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the winter I will outright skip (I wear a shower cap in the shower those days). In the summer I am less likely to skip bec of sweat and do a rinse/conditioner only wash.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, I've never repeated, but now that I've read this thread I'm going to try it out and see what happens ...

Hera

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1370574975|3460687 said:

YUCK!

I do too! Sometimes I've been known to do it 3 times if I haven't used enough shampoo (my hair is long).

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natascha|1370601686|3460779 said:
I always end up receiving nice comments about the way I smell, people have often sniffed my skin or hair and commented on it, even when I am not wearing anything.

and the plot thickens... :naughty:

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1370660222|3461334 said:
natascha|1370601686|3460779 said:
I always end up receiving nice comments about the way I smell, people have often sniffed my skin or hair and commented on it, even when I am not wearing anything.

and the plot thickens... :naughty:

Ha ha ha didn't mean it that way :wink2:

Wednesday

Rough_Rock
I never shampoo twice! I wash my hair every day and I don't need to have a shower take any longer than it already does. Some days I use a combined shampoo and conditioner product, but if I use stand-alone shampoo, I will follow it with conditioner. I wouldn't want to go through shampoo at twice the rate of conditioner.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wash my hair every other day, but it does tend to get oily at the roots, so I definitely do it twice. The first time it doesn't get clean enough IMO. The second time around the shampoo lathers much more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results