shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of rose gold, I need some plain and simple earrings. Nothing expensive. These looked great to me. The bigger (and more expensive) size clips on the ear so that it won't get lost as easily. (I has a near mishap with a tiny 24K gold stud on Sunday, the reason I want to buy another cheap pair. I hope I can have those fixed so that I don't lose them again!)

Do you like these? Should I buy them? Should I get the small or the big pair?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

smallrosegoldballearrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the way, have you seen Roberto Coin's Pallini line? It is 18K yellow gold. These earrings show a drop, but he also has 8mm studs that match the necklaces in the line. I like them a lot!

Deb/AGBF

Attachments

• RobertoCoinPalliniDropEarrings.bmp
    148.1 KB · Views: 700

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo shows the necklace with the drop earrings. But it doesn't show it very well, since it came out so tiny!!!

GoldBallNecklaceEarrings.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
red gold studs: you should buy both the large and small size, Deb!

re the robert coin: love earrings...not as smitten with the necklace....but i bet they'd be divine together.

MoZo

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found some single gold drop ball earrings by several well-known designers. I plan to post two pictures of the 18K yellow gold drop ball earrings by Ippolita; one of the 24K gold drop ball earrings by Gurhan; and one of the 14K yellow gold drop ball earrings by Roberto Coin.

Deb/AGBF

Ippolita18KGoldBallDangleEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the second shot of the 18K gold pair by Ippolita.

Deb/AGBF

IppolitaMiniBallDropEarring.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These earrings are rendered in 24K gold, as are most of his pieces of jewelry, by Gurhan Orhan. Although he is generally my favorite jewelry designer (save Buccellati), I think I prefer the ball drop earrings by Ippolita!)

Deb/AGBF

Gurhan24KBallDropEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I made an error in an earlier posting. Roberto Coin's gold ball drop earrings are made of 18K yellow gold, not 14K yellow gold! A photograph of his single drop earrings (in 18K yellow gold) is shown below. How do you like his compared to Ippolita's and Gurhan's? (Or do you like this style of earring at all?)

Deb/AGBF

RobertoCoin18KGoldBallDropEarrings.jpg

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
i have a goldsmith/colored gem tech who does all my gold work-he knows proper handling of gems & has the midas touch with gold & metals-iv posted on the web before but usually not on this site-here is just a portion of pendents iv designed & john dixon has built-these stones range from alexandrite thru tourmalines-mostly rare & all worn daily-steve...

038.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m76steve|1299108634|2863298 said:
i have a goldsmith/colored gem tech who does all my gold work-he knows proper handling of gems & has the midas touch with gold & metals-iv posted on the web before but usually not on this site-here is just a portion of pendents iv designed & john dixon has built-these stones range from alexandrite thru tourmalines-mostly rare & all worn daily-steve...

Hi, steve-

I know you from the Colored Stones forum, where you post regularly. I did not know that you were interested in gold. Welcome to The Gold Thread.

Deb/AGBF

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF-wife & i have a little gold & might post later-multi colored gold & earings-steve...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb:

As usual you find the coolest baubles. I love those ball/drop earrings! Roberto Coin also adds some flair....total yum!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1301119554|2880588 said:
http://passagedesperles.blogspot.com/

18k rings with some personality.

Very nice rings. Nice message, too!

PS-At least one ring was 20K :lickout: . I'm obsessive!!!

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Prediction: this company will contribute to my financial ruin. :naughty: ;)) :love:

www.oakgem.com

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1302366143|2891995 said:
Prediction: this company will contribute to my financial ruin. :naughty: ;)) :love:

www.oakgem.com

cheers--Sharon

Well, page 1 had a pair of earrings for sale for $14,950.00. That's like shopping in Buccellati's (for me). Of course it will lead to your financial ruin if you shop there! What would you expect?

Deb
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1302374344|2892068 said:
canuk-gal|1302366143|2891995 said:

www.oakgem.com

cheers--Sharon

Well, page 1 had a pair of earrings for sale for $14,950.00. That's like shopping in Buccellati's (for me). Of course it will lead to your financial ruin if you shop there! What would you expect?

Deb
:saint:

Deb:

I promise to pace myself! Did you see the Yossi H and Gurhan??????????

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1302382464|2892140 said:
I promise to pace myself! Did you see the Yossi H and Gurhan??????????

I didn't initially, Sharon. Thank you for pointing out that there was jewelry by them available. (There is a lot by Gurhan available!) There is also jewelry by other designers I love, like Buccellati, available (although not enough of it). Now I know why you love the site. It reminds me of the old Signed Pieces site!

Deb

If this link works, it will take you to the designers' page:

http://oakgem.com/Designers.aspx

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
This is a great thread!

I will post some of high karat gold pieces after my wedding in July: it's a promise.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1303034066|2898277 said:
This is a great thread!

I will post some of high karat gold pieces after my wedding in July: it's a promise.

Sounds good! Are you busy planning the wedding now? I don't read any threads about wedding plans, but I would assume so! Plus you are a doctor and your fiancé was just ill, right? You must have your hands full!

Deb/AGBF

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yep. Busy is right!

My fiancé is much better and currently haunting a paediatric ward (doc, not patient ha ha!) whilst I am also on call from home in another city.

Pics will come once the goods come out of the bank for the wedding. Promise!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
But just for you AGBF, a sneak preview iphone photo! :))

goldbangles.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1303245023|2900347 said:

I must have my share of this thread! :cheeky: WHAT STUNNING BRACELETS! :love: I just had tachycardia! (hheeehheeeee)
Thanks for letting us in on your gorgeous pieces before your big day!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1303260124|2900543 said:
rosetta|1303245023|2900347 said:

I must have my share of this thread! :cheeky: WHAT STUNNING BRACELETS! :love: I just had tachycardia! (hheeehheeeee)
Thanks for letting us in on your gorgeous pieces before your big day!

cheers--Sharon

Hey, nosey! She said they were just for me (see above)!!! And I don't want to share! Those bracelets are to die for!!! rosetta, where did you get them!!??? Do you really mean just to drop off a picture and then disappear back to your medical life? No more details until the wedding? I won't be able to stand it!!!!

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are gorgeous together!

MoZo

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Heh heh.

Sorry for the drive by posting.

Thank you all for your compliments, I'll dedicate the thread to you all you lovely ladies.

Unfortunately, I won't have any more pics until after the wedding as it is all in the bank and I just don't have the time to take it all out for a photo shoot.

I had that photo in my iPhone. They are very heavy 22k gold bracelets in the middle, 21k for the two diamond ones on the ends. They are presents from my future in-laws, I shudder to think of their cost with the price of gold these days.

I have lots of ethnic jewellery, and i will share it all with you. I am also delaying things as close relatives tend to give jewellery in our culture, so i wanted to wait till i could shoot them altogether. Of course, I won't be wearing it all on my wedding day, but they will form part of my old fashioned wedding trousseau.

Just the small matter of getting hitched first! I cannot wait to marry Mr Rosetta! :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1303322731|2901034 said:
I have lots of ethnic jewellery, and i will share it all with you. I am also delaying things as close relatives tend to give jewellery in our culture, so i wanted to wait till i could shoot them altogether. Of course, I won't be wearing it all on my wedding day, but they will form part of my old fashioned wedding trousseau.

I am obviously in the wrong culture. Something must have gone very wrong genetically. I am reminded of the movie, "Amadeus" in which Salieri is portrayed as inveighing against the Lord for giving him the ability to appreciate great music but giving Mozart the ability to create it. Why was I given this great love of high karat jewelry and then not placed in a cultural group that gave a bride gifts of high karat jewelry? Why was I born into a plain vanilla US family with white bread tastes in jewelry? The closest I came to high karat gold from within my family was getting 18K instead of 14K gold!!! (Please insert a good natured wink icon here! I actually feel very lucky!)

Best of luck, rosetta. I will try hard to be patient waiting for photos!!!

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi:

And I will not tresspass on Deb again :tongue: ; but thanks for the update and I too look forward to seeing your gorgeous baubles in future! This "gold designer" really is my favorite thread.........................

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1303346729|2901438 said:
This "gold designer" really is my favorite thread.........................

Yeah, Sharon. Mine, too, now that we aren't allowed to play rough...I mean talk politics...on ATW. As swimmer said, the only upside to the ban on political discussion there is that I have time to get my laundry done. Not that swimmer does my laundry, but you know what I mean. Or you should if you've been reading this thread for as many years as I think you have!

Hugs all around,
Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1303348638|2901489 said:
canuk-gal|1303346729|2901438 said:
This "gold designer" really is my favorite thread.........................

Yeah, Sharon. Mine, too, now that we aren't allowed to play rough...I mean talk politics...on ATW. As swimmer said, the only upside to the ban on political discussion there is that I have time to get my laundry done. Not that swimmer does my laundry, but you know what I mean. Or you should if you've been reading this thread for as many years as I think you have!

Hugs all around,
Deb/AGBF

Notwithstanding, or is it ironic, Deb, that we could debate the politics of gold/mining/gems to the nth degree; but it would take the "shine" away a little, no? Of course doing laundry is vastly over rated.... :saint:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results