shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
So pleased to have read through this thread! I adore the high karat gold and think that orangey-yellow color is to die for. I'm thrilled to have just scored a lovely antique bracelet at a little hole in the wall shop by me where the dealer knows his stuff. It's a funky variation on a basic link in 18K yellow. I'm a wee bit nervous about over-wearing it, as I feel it will be a daily piece. I may have to rethink that to keep it in good shape!

Interestingly it's color is much more like 22K than 18K. It washes out my 18K yellow wedding band and easily matches my 22K band. LOVE that deep, rich, gold.

Thank you for all the photos in this thread-I do love dreamily scrolling through. I hope to someday have a collection worth posting!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pic, please. :)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I'll try for some decent photos today. It's very snowy and dreary here in new england! Doesn't make for good photos of splendidly colored jewels, or rich gold tones, but I'll try!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1297172098|2846495 said:
I'll try for some decent photos today. It's very snowy and dreary here in new england! Doesn't make for good photos of splendidly colored jewels, or rich gold tones, but I'll try!

Hi, mrs. taylor- It's really nice to have another high karat gold lover among us! I second Harriet's call for pictures, although you must choose the day to take them. I owe everyone pictures of a yellow gold round pendant and a crescent moon, so I'm not about to hound anyone else for her photos! Just know that we would love to see them when you are ready!!!

PS-Tell me about the photo in your avatar. I love red stones!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank you! That is my baby...lol. It's a bezel set 2.07 carat ruby in 14k yellow with about .37 carats of melée. It was done by diamonds by Lauren. I adore it! I'll post another shot with that too. It has the cutest little inclusion ever. Looks just like a freckle! I think this ring looks very royal...like something queen Elizabeth would have worn on the royal court. It doesn't feel as though it belongs in this century, that's for sure. Craftsmanship is stunning, too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1297175389|2846519 said:
Oh, thank you! That is my baby...lol. It's a bezel set 2.07 carat ruby in 14k yellow with about .37 carats of melée. It was done by diamonds by Lauren. I adore it! I'll post another shot with that too. It has the cutest little inclusion ever. Looks just like a freckle! I think this ring looks very royal...like something queen Elizabeth would have worn on the royal court. It doesn't feel as though it belongs in this century, that's for sure. Craftsmanship is stunning, too.

I am dying of envy! I am looking for a red stone, but could never afford a ruby that big and that red!!!! I have a thread about my search in Colored Stones. Have you posted pictures of your ruby there yet? Please do!!!

Deb/AGBF

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
okay, here goes. I'll get better ones eventually...

I'll add my lovely and delicious 5mm 22K band. it's a hefty 11 grams and has engravings that go back to 1866 in it. I adore it.

IMG_9074.JPG

IMG_9072.JPG

IMG_9044.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your jewelry is just beautiful, mrs. taylor. I think you have come to thre right thread to find like minded people: people who appreciate high karat gold and antique pieces over glitzy pieces from the department store. But perhaps the same could be said of much of Pricescope. Pricescope does tend to attract people who really appreciate good jewelry: interesting designs; gems of beautiful colors; gold in many hues!

Deb/AGBF

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1297186897|2846669 said:
Your jewelry is just beautiful, mrs. taylor. I think you have come to thre right thread to find like minded people: people who appreciate high karat gold and antique pieces over glitzy pieces from the department store. But perhaps the same could be said of much of Pricescope. Pricescope does tend to attract people who really appreciate good jewelry: interesting designs; gems of beautiful colors; gold in many hues!

Deb/AGBF

I have to say, I consider this a compliment of the highest order. I have a very small collection, but I tend to only jump on pieces that really call to me. I'm definitely not in my element in a department store! I personally tend to go for older pieces rather than new because I really love the romantic aspects of them.

I bought a very tiny standard late 30's wedding set in an estate shop because the story behind it was so touching! It only totals at about a half a carat between the engagement ring and the band in an illusion setting both with yellow gold shanks, but the story was so heartbreaking, I just couldn't leave it there. LOL. I'm a sap. As a result, my husband cringes when I venture into an antique or estate shop!

And here is one last of my ruby-with the main inclusion very apparent. It just gives it so much character, for me! I hope I'm not being obnoxious by posting so much! Please forgive my enthusiasm.

IMG_9081.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great to have you with us, Mrs Taylor.

i'm particularly fond of that 22k wedding band!

and what inclusion?! oh, yeah, the ruby has one but its a mark of "character" and in no way distracts from the ruby.

MoZo

ps and, yes, the bracelet goes with everything quite well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1297187400|2846675 said:
I have to say, I consider this a compliment of the highest order. I have a very small collection, but I tend to only jump on pieces that really call to me. I'm definitely not in my element in a department store! I personally tend to go for older pieces rather than new because I really love the romantic aspects of them.

I bought a very tiny standard late 30's wedding set in an estate shop because the story behind it was so touching! It only totals at about a half a carat between the engagement ring and the band in an illusion setting both with yellow gold shanks, but the story was so heartbreaking, I just couldn't leave it there. LOL. I'm a sap. As a result, my husband cringes when I venture into an antique or estate shop!

And here is one last of my ruby-with the main inclusion very apparent. It just gives it so much character, for me! I hope I'm not being obnoxious by posting so much! Please forgive my enthusiasm.

mrs taylor-I hadn't meant to interrupt the flow of your photographs with my earler comments; you went on to post some very interesting photos of engravings from inside a different gold band after I posted! And as for your enthusiasm, I assure you that it is most welcome here!

Do you think that the two dates inside the wedding band represent two occasions upon which it was used? Do you know?

Deb/AGBF

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know for a fact, but my best guess is that it may have been handed down. There are also names preceding the dates:
Morris to Frank Nov 20-1866 and then Harry to Anna June 21 1904. Since they went from last names (presumably) to first names it's difficult to say.

It's so wonderfully heavy and solid. It feels like absolutely luxury wearing it.

Neil Jack

Rough_Rock
The bangle bracelets look that way to me and so do hammered pieces.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neil Jack|1298212064|2855934 said:
The bangle bracelets look that way to me and so do hammered pieces.

Welcome, Neil Jack. Do you mean that they all look heavy and solid? If so, I tend to agree. At least ones that are made of high karat

gold!

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely pieces Mrs. Taylor--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to buy one of these. The designer is called "Weissenstein" and they are sold at the Stuart Moore shops in NY and CA. It comes in grey gold which looks like platinum, red (rose) gold and yellow gold. This is a fairly bold ring, 13mm wide. I love the '70s look of it. I'm torn between the grey and the rose. AGBF if you are around, what do you think?

weissenstein.jpg

weissensteinred.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
obviously, i'm not the responder that you requested......while both are nice, i love the red gold....if it is 18k. definitely a fun style! if not 18k, i'd go with the white metal.

MoZo

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tradergirl|1298383672|2857193 said:
I am going to buy one of these. The designer is called "Weissenstein" and they are sold at the Stuart Moore shops in NY and CA. It comes in grey gold which looks like platinum, red (rose) gold and yellow gold. This is a fairly bold ring, 13mm wide. I love the '70s look of it. I'm torn between the grey and the rose. AGBF if you are around, what do you think?

Do you have to ask, tradergirl? Naturally, I go for the rose!!! Unless you get to buy more than one, of course! In that case, I would say that it is nice to have a piece you like in two different colored metals. (I seriously love the yellow color, which is how the red looks on my monitor.)

Deb/AGBF

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
red gold all the way! it's gorgeous and the diamonds just POP!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Red was my inclination too. It just seems right for such a whimsical style. Thanks ya'll.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tradergirl|1298399464|2857311 said:
Red was my inclination too. It just seems right for such a whimsical style. Thanks ya'll.

Thank you for introducing me to another great couple of jewelry designers, tradergirl! I had never heard of them, but their jewelry is really exquisite. I couldn't get over this website!!!

http://www.thegoldenbarrel.com/weissenstein/Pages/rings.html

Deb/AGBF

TheFlowerRing.jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
When you start getting into the European stuff . . . . OMG, you could spend a fortune.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is another on my must have list. Niessing. Red gold.

string ring.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tradergirl|1298400846|2857337 said:
This is another on my must have list. Niessing. Red gold.

Oooh! Yum! I made a trip from Virginia into the District to see a Niessing ring once, but it wasn't nearly as lovely as this one! I love red gold!!!

Deb/AGBF

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhhh, I thought that picture was of a bracelet! Ring, bracelet, white, yellow or red....Bob Barker (come on down!) :love: :tongue:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is definitely something about red gold!

MoZo

ps canuk, thanks for the nice words in the hangout thread re SO pictures.....!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ordered it in red. I'm going to wear it on the left hand. Don't care if it makes me look married or not. After 20+ years, who cares. LOL. I love it. It's me.

It takes a month to come in from Germany. Can't wait. Thanks for the input, ladies.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats! please let us know when it arrives!

MoZo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1298400186|2857322 said:
tradergirl|1298399464|2857311 said:

Thank you for introducing me to another great couple of jewelry designers, tradergirl! I had never heard of them, but their jewelry is really exquisite. I couldn't get over this website!!!

http://www.thegoldenbarrel.com/weissenstein/Pages/rings.html

Deb/AGBF

Yes, amazing site!

MZ--you're welcome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results