shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you go bed with your SO at the same time??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we do go bed around 11.30 or midnight, and if he or I get sleepy earlier we do go together anyway, this was mostly my DH idea, he like to cuddle
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Not even close, but I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning. On the rare occasion that we do now, it kind of bothers me because I am so used to falling asleep alone
20.gif

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 9:52:26 AM
Author: icekid
Not even close, but I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning. On the rare occasion that we do now, it kind of bothers me because I am so used to falling asleep alone
20.gif

I can absolutely see this happening. We often have different schedules, though mine fluctuate early and late. I wish that we went to bed together regularly, and sometimes that means staying up waaay later than I should, just so that I''m up when he gets in.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I go to bed earlier than my husband, but he sits with me and watches TV until I go to sleep then he goes off and reads or watches a movie.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
When he was working I''d usually stay up and wait for him to go to bed. Now that he''s laid off we always go to bed at the same time. If one of us isn''t as tired, we just read or something until we''re ready to sleep. We both find it comforting that the other is in bed and we sleep better.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We do because it''s good for our relationship, but honestly I don''t love it because he gets up way before I do (usually 5 am) and I''m not tired at 10 pm when we go to bed. I usually will read with a booklight until 10:30, but I feel bad about leaving the light on after that because I know he needs his sleep - he usually works about an 11 hour day, excluding 2 hours of commuting time, so I know how much he needs his sleep. Sometimes it''s annoying that we go to bed so early, but I do get my beauty sleep. My skin always looks really good after the 8-9 hours of sleep I usually get
emsmile.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only on the weekends. During the week I wake up at 5 and DH usually sleeps in until 7 or later.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Not usually -- we work totally opposite shifts. I only work 3 days a week, though, so I *try* to revert my schedule back to normal, sleep-at-night. Dosen''t always work, though.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
We usually go to bed together for snuggle cuddle time, but then I get back up after about 30 minutes
9.gif

We are LDR, so I don''t have to get up early when I am visiting, but he works at 6am.

When I lived with him one summer, we went to bed on our own schedules. I went to bed by 11/11:30pm, because I left the house at 6:45am... and SO would be up playing video games until 12 or 1am!
23.gif
He''s clearly insane... he works at SIX!!! But he came home everyday and took a nap for a few hours from 5-7pm.
20.gif
later if I would let him get away with it...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends. Usually we go to bed together. He usually goes to sleep before I do, but I''ll stay up and read a book until I get tired. If I feel like I''m bugging him, I''ll go to the other room. But I have a bit of insomnia, so I''ll stay up late late sometimes. Often 3-4 in the morning. And he gets up at 8 or earlier, so that doesn''t work so great for him.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 2:11:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Depends. Usually we go to bed together. He usually goes to sleep before I do, but I''ll stay up and read a book until I get tired. If I feel like I''m bugging him, I''ll go to the other room. But I have a bit of insomnia, so I''ll stay up late late sometimes. Often 3-4 in the morning. And he gets up at 8 or earlier, so that doesn''t work so great for him.

With the time difference between us, you probably go to bed well after I get up, Freke
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, we pretty much always go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00 and fall asleed sometime after that. We wake up around the same time, too, so it works for us!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We try to, but sometimes our schedules are SOOOO different that it just isn''t possible. Most nights the one who is staying up will at least come lay with the other till they go to sleep, but sometimes we like to watch different things on tv so we don''t.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the most part. And usually I dictate when we go to bed! My DH will stay up all night on his computer if left to his own devices but he likes to come to bed when I do-so we almost always go to bed together.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes we do, but he always falls asleep first.

April20

Ideal_Rock
95% of the time we do. Occassionally one of us will go to bed first, but that''s usually because the other is in the middle of trying to finish something.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 3:33:40 PM
Author: Linda W
Yes we do, but he always falls asleep first.
Ditto!

purplediamond

Rough_Rock
freke-does he wake you up in the morning?

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I normally go to bed earlier than him because I get up for work earlier. He stays up till 1 or 1:30, but gets to sleep in more. If I get home before him I take a nap so I can stay up with him.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
He usually goes to bed much earlier than me to read and settle down. I am a bit of a night owl and like to stay up as late as I can.

We always used to go to bed at the same time but over the last two years or so we have got into this routine where he seems to go to bed first. He needs to be alseep before me as (sadly and ashamedly) I snore which disturbs him. He often goes into the spare room if he can''t sleep.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
nope, never. DH works long hours and gets home around 1030 or 11 and by the time he showers, i am fast asleep usually cause i am pooped from chasing around our toddler all day. on rare occasion, we go to bed close to the same time when we go out for a late night, but i don''t remember the last time we were in bed at the same time.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 11:44:52 AM
Author: vespergirl
We do because it''s good for our relationship, but honestly I don''t love it because he gets up way before I do (usually 5 am) and I''m not tired at 10 pm when we go to bed. I usually will read with a booklight until 10:30, but I feel bad about leaving the light on after that because I know he needs his sleep - he usually works about an 11 hour day, excluding 2 hours of commuting time, so I know how much he needs his sleep. Sometimes it''s annoying that we go to bed so early, but I do get my beauty sleep. My skin always looks really good after the 8-9 hours of sleep I usually get
emsmile.gif

Haha, I was going to respond and then saw your reply vesper... we''re literally on the exact same schedule as you are!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 4:45:03 PM
Author: purplediamond
freke-does he wake you up in the morning?
Nope. I''m a very sound sleeper. If he does, I usually manage to go back to sleep immediately. In the off chance that he does, I''m usually pretty grumpy for the rest of the day.
11.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
During the school year he comes to bed with me and watches tv and snuggles me until I fall asleep, then he leaves and comes back to bed later. (Because I get up so much earlier than he does...) During the summer we go to bed together. Actually, last week I stayed up later than him and he came downstairs and told me "I can''t sleep without you, I miss you, the bed is too big without you" He''s such a cutie!
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No any more! We used to go to bed together at around 11:30pm and wake at around 7am, but now that we have a baby I try to go to bed earlier than that and DH usually stays up later. He also wakes at 6am to go running 3 days a week and I try to sleep until the baby wakes around 7am. I have taken to wearing earplugs most nights so that he doesn''t wake me when he comes to bed or gets up.

Honestly, I much prefer we go to bed at the same time and most nights I try to pressure him into coming to bed
20.gif
But it never really works because he loves to watch sports highlights at 11pm. I could get him to come to bed if I promised some nookie...but did I mention we have a 4 month old? Not gonna happen! LOL! So separate sleeping schedules it is. We are lucky and he comes home for lunch most days so we spend time together that way.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
No, we very rarely go at the same time. I go earlier and sleep in later, go figure. I like to go before him. I have quiet me time and I am free to read my book. When we do go at the same time he complains about the lamp and I am forced to go to sleep before I really want to.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
We try to but most of the time we''ll cuddle and he''ll fall asleep and then I get up and go to the living room to read, watch TV or go on PS
31.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We always go to bed at the same time and put a movie on, he''ll watch the beginning and fall asleep (he gets up much earlyer then me) and I usually watch til the end but sometimes have to give in a sleep through it.

I don''t like falling asleep to a movie but BF likes backround noise to fall asleep to.

Vespergirl- That book light sounds like a good idea to me....

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it''s so interesting to see the number of couples on different sleeping schedules.

DH and I go to bed at the same time 99% of the time. On some rare occasions when he is really exhausted, he goes to be at around 9pm. I''m a night owl and don''t like to go to sleep before 11 so I stay up and read or surf the net. We usually both get into bed at around 10pm and watch something light on DVD and cuddle, or DH gives me a massage to help me sleep. He is a sweetie
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes, depends if he has classes or homework to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results