shape
carat
color
clarity

do you ever get compliments from public strangers about your jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 3:20:34 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
one time i shock this lady at Costco...

i said...nice Asscher (her E ring) and then i said....that''s a beautiful Cushion (her RHR) i think she was shock that a man knows the shape of her diamonds.
9.gif
I can relate...even after explaining that ive been a jeweler for years women are still surprised that i know about their rings.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, and I love it! Usually sales girls will compliment my diamond when I''m paying for something, but the best one was when my husband and I were going to a fundrasier that was being held at the Smithsonian. When we were having my handbag checked by security (we''re in DC) the (male) security guard said something like, "wow, that thing is blinding me! You are a lucky woman!" Because my husband usually isn''t around to hear the compliemnts, he was beaming, he loved it. :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
People around here rarely comment, but I do get "what a pretty ring/stone" once in awhile, and yes, I like it! And I always say thank you.

However, the best compliment came just a couple weeks ago. We were at a bar, and the guy next to us (who we didn't know) struck up a convo, turns out he knew hubby's sister and BIL very well. We must have talked for about 40 min., and he mentioned that when he first started working as a young man (he's our age), he worked in a jewelry store. As if on cue, hubby takes my hand and says, What do you think of this? The guy looked at my ring and said very loudly, That is F-ING gorgeous. To which hubby replied, She knows her sh!t.
lol.gif
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results