shape
carat
color
clarity

Do certain songs give you the chills?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Steel I LOVE anything by Richard Marx, Hazard is one of my all time favourite songs!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 6:05:18 AM
Author: DandiAndi
OMG Steel I LOVE anything by Richard Marx, Hazard is one of my all time favourite songs!!
Twins!

songtwins.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2007 6:01:39 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Well, when it comes to Christmas songs, The Pogues'' song ''Fairytale of New York'' kind of gets me in the gut.

You can find it on here.

http://www.jango.com/

I''m the same. I do adore that song though.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention Queen''s ''Who wants to live forever'' and Kansas ''Dust in the wind''. Everytime I hear Queen, I get a little teary eye. It actually sends shivers down my spine.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
"The Last Song" by Elton John... never ceases to move me, no matter how often I hear it.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters sings an acoustic version of Everlong that gives me chills every time I hear it. I was driving to work a few weeks ago and he showed up at the local radio station''s morning show and sang the song live. It was so incredible I had to pull my car over to the side of the road and just listen. By the end of the song I had tears running down my face and chills from head to toe.

Hello
I''ve waited here for you
Everlong

Tonight
I throw myself into
And out of the red, out of her head she sang

Come down
And waste away with me
Down with me

Slow how
You wanted it to be
I''m over my head, out of her head she sang

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I''ll ever ask of you
You''ve got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

Breathe out
So I could breathe you in
Hold you in

And now
I know you''ve always been
Out of your head, out of my head I sang
Chorus-

And I wonder
When I sing along with you

She sang
Chorus-

And I wonder

She sang

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Steel I think Two Little Boys is a Rolf Harris song? The Frames used to do a good version of it where they segued into Somewhere Over the Rainbow in the bridge.

For me, Winter by Tori Amos has memories of a particular time and place attached to it and it gets me every time.

In a more warm and fuzzy way, The JCB song is one of my favourites. How can you beat a lyric like "I'm Luke, I'm five, and my Dad's Bruce Lee, he drives me around in his JCB"?
16.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, SDL (Ave Maria) - and O Holy Night sung by Pavaroti.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I agree on the shoes song....my first husband passed away several years ago and for some reason my 10 yr old son loves that song. It makes him cry, but he still keeps listening to it.

A strange one that has a different sound to it...

A Different Corner by George Michael

Not sure why this one gets to me...something about the arrangement in the music combined with the lyrics.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Damien Rice - The Blower''s Daughter
from the movie Closer

I can''t take my eyes off you -- I can''t take my eyes off you -- I can''t take my eyes off you -- I can''t take my eyes off you

Because it was at my friends funeral. He died in a car wreck the night before his wedding.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I have to add to the Jeff Buckley and Sarah McLachlan love - nearly all their songs get me.

Also:

"Jesus to a Child" - George Michael
"In the Air Tonight" - Phil Collins
"Con Te Partiro" - Andrea Bocelli
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" - Pink Floyd
"Ave Maria"

And the song they play at the end of the movie "Philadelphia" - gets me every time.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Love Song" by Jeff Bates. I just love the meaning.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2007 9:51:22 PM
Author: katebar
Jeff Buckley 'Last goodbye'
Oh yes, good one! Actually that whole album gives me chills. I really miss that guy.

Nick Drake songs can give me chills, but it really depends on my mood which songs have that effect.

Nina Simone's cover of "Strange Fruit" is another one.

Nirvana's cover of Leadbelly's "In the Pines" from MTV Unplugged always gives me chills, hell sometimes it makes me cry.

Cod'ine by Buffy Saint-Marie

Woodstock by Joni Mitchell

Needle In The Hay by Elliott Smith

Me And A Gun by Tori Amos

The entire album titled "Dilate" by Ani DiFranco, heart wrenching!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Oh this is the coolest thread! I am a total music junkie. Here is my votes (and a shout out to the fellow Richard Marx lovers!! I wore that tape OUT in the late 80''s!!)

Faithfully---Journey
When I need you--Leo Sayer
God Bless the Broken Road--Rascal Flatts
Have I told you lately I love you--Rod Stewart
Life is Beautiful---sixx AM (my new fave song on my ipod)

Okay, call me cheesy here, but I love the Luther Vandross version of "one shining moment" that they play after the college national championship game. I am a HUGE sports fan and I always get the chills and shed a tear when this song is played. Wonderful end to the basketball season. Like I said, just call me cheesy!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of 2 more:

"Strange Fruit" (sung by Billie Holliday)

"Yesterday When I Was Young" (as sung by Lena Horne - nobody sings that song better)

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Hands down, the song that gives me chills every time I hear it is "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Oh, Oh !!!!!!!!

How could I forget? Eva Cassidy''s "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" and "Songbird". They are even more poignant since she is no longer with us.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
"Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg (sp?) gets me in the gut everytime. I have a hard time listening to it...........

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 5:30:43 PM
Author: kellyfish
''Same Old Lang Syne'' by Dan Fogelberg (sp?) gets me in the gut everytime. I have a hard time listening to it...........
Kellyfish, I just downloaded ''Same Old Lang Syne'' to my ipod this week. "The snow turned into rain..." bring on the chills!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results