shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you cry during your ceremony?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Nope! Got a little teary before the ceremony, but not during. We were both grinning and giggling during the ceremony.
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I grinned and cheesed out, I was so excited! I had to keep my poker face on walking down the aisle w/my dad tho b/c I was ready to skip on down..and no way was my daddy going to hold my hand and swing arms and skip.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 9:16:50 PM
Author: Haven
Oooooh yeah we cried. Both of us.

I really lost it. It was so bad I could barely say my vows. DH was amazing--he stared right into my eyes the entire time, and he kept those tears *right there* in his eyes before spilling out for the entire ceremony.

DH held my eyes the entire time too. He tends to this whenever we are talking anyway...but at that moment I really, really felt so *present* with him holding my eyes there. I still feel warm and close to him when I remember us exchanging our vows.

A few times we also were giggling with excitement through the tears too!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:29:29 AM
Author: ArtistJess
So here''s another question..

Were you guys petrified while walking down the aisle? I''m not used to being the center of attention.

About 55 people came to my shower, and when I first walked in I got SO nervous. I hope I can get over the nerves enough on that day to really enjoy it and take it all in.

We did not do an aisle; DH and I came to the ceremony together and before the legal vows began we were sitting next to one another for about an hour or so for other parts of our ceremony.

We only had 16 guests...but I did not even know ANY of them were in the room when we were standing up there saying our vows. I mean I "knew" they were there and could see flashes out of the side of my eye or hear some noise...but it really was all about DH and I at that moment.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 5:19:38 PM
Author: RaiKai
Date: 4/29/2010 9:16:50 PM
Oooooh yeah we cried. Both of us.
I really lost it. It was so bad I could barely say my vows. DH was amazing--he stared right into my eyes the entire time, and he kept those tears *right there* in his eyes before spilling out for the entire ceremony.
DH held my eyes the entire time too. He tends to this whenever we are talking anyway...but at that moment I really, really felt so *present* with him holding my eyes there. I still feel warm and close to him when I remember us exchanging our vows.

A few times we also were giggling with excitement through the tears too!
Awwwwww.

To answer the follow up question:
I was excited to walk down the aisle and have all eyes on me. I don''t mind being the center of attention at all, though! (I''m used to people staring at me anyway, I''m a teacher. Imagine having 30+ pairs of eyes staring at you all day long. Ha.)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/29/2010 7:31:35 PM
Author: sctsbride09
We both cried. It was the first and only time I have seen DH cry.

Aw, that is sooo sweet! These stories are making ME cry!
39.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Haven- that''s one of the main reasons I DIDNT become a teacher.. although lately I''ve been regretting that decision.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m usually a crier so I thought I would. Instead I got the giggles and ending up laughing a lot.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t cry at all, and I knew I wouldn''t. I''m just not a cryer, unlike my husband!
3.gif
He cried for the entire thing! He couldn''t even look at me for most of it because when he did he would start crying. I ended up talking to him for most of the ceremony to help him keep it together! He''s adorable.
5.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I did but not much and dh didn''t
however my sister was BAWLING her eyes out, it''s a good thing she his a kleenex down her bra to whip out lol

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 8:21:20 PM
Haven- that''s one of the main reasons I DIDNT become a teacher.. although lately I''ve been regretting that decision.
You get used to it pretty quickly. I definitely wouldn''t let THAT stop you from teaching!

Thing--You posted a super sweet picture of your DH tearing up in another thread a while ago, didn''t you? I love that photo. So sweet.
I also love that *you* were the one calming him down, and not the other way around!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 9:57:44 PM
Date: 5/1/2010 8:21:20 PM

You get used to it pretty quickly. I definitely wouldn''t let THAT stop you from teaching!

Thing--You posted a super sweet picture of your DH tearing up in another thread a while ago, didn''t you? I love that photo. So sweet.

I also love that *you* were the one calming him down, and not the other way around!

I did! I love that one, too...ugh he is SO CUTE!
5.gif
We have some good ones, don''t we?
9.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I actually didn''t cry. I bawled at the rehearsal, so I think that is why I didn''t at the ceremony. Already did the crying part I guess!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Surprisingly neither one of us did! I''m usually very emotional but not a happy tear got shed that day, DH did wake up the morning after the wedding and started crying about how happy he was. It seemed a little random but sweet, he said it had just hit him that we were actually married.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:29:29 AM
So here''s another question..

Were you guys petrified while walking down the aisle? I''m not used to being the center of attention.

About 55 people came to my shower, and when I first walked in I got SO nervous. I hope I can get over the nerves enough on that day to really enjoy it and take it all in.
YES and I did not think I would be
32.gif

Petrified is the perfect word to sum up how I felt

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I did not cry, but it was close. I looked just below DH''s eyes because I knew if I looked him in the eye I would start bawling. DH''s family thought I might5 faint, they were sure hoping for it
20.gif

cassie

Rough_Rock
We both cried (!!!) during our "first look"! I was sooo happy to see him happy seeing me!
I teared up walking down the aisle and a bit during the vows, but overall held it together during the ceremony much more than I expected!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither one of us cried during the ceremony. I cried a little right before walking down the aisle, but my dad wiped my tears away and I was fine. I think I only cried because I was a little nervous. Once I turned the corner to walk down the aisle though, I was fine. My husband said that the first thing he saw was my beaming smile when I walked down the aisle. I had perma-grin the whole rest of the day.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I teared up a bit, but no actual crying (there was some quiet sniffling though). So many of my friends were like "I have never seen a bride not cry before!" It''s funny because I''m totally the over emotional type and cry at every sad movie ever, heck, I cry at those sad puppy commercials.

DH didn''t cry at all, to this day I''ve never seen him cry.

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i saw this thread and just had to share a picture that my aunt took while i was walking down the aisle of my hubby.

Attachments

• jf;.bmp
    801.7 KB · Views: 729

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ArtistJess|1272556558|139325 said:
I am not an overly emotional person and neither is DF, but I have seen him tear up. I rarely ever cry, but when I do it's really hard for me to stop. DF keeps telling me he thinks he is going to tear up and look like a sissy (
9.gif
) during the ceremony.

This might sound silly, but I'm kind of hoping we can keep it together (at least until after the ceremony) to preserve makeup for the pictures. I know it will be an emotional time, but we are taking photos as soon as the ceremony is over, and I would rather look back to puffy, red eyes years down the road.

Did you guys cry during your ceremony? What about your hubby?
yes,cuz i was thinking for now on she owns half of my A$$... ;(

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Since this was bumped, figured I'd also reply!

Yes. I cried. Especially when I had to read my vows. Whenever I get emotional, I always say "lock it up!" Like they say in Wedding Crashers. I said that in the middle of my vows.

DH did not cry. I have only seen him well up a few times and he's only cried (like tears down his cheeks) once in front of me. He was very good about calming me down.

I have a great pic of him comforting me while one of our dearest friends read a poem she wrote specifically for our wedding.

203.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Our 2nd shooter got a nice shot of DH wiping tears from his eyes while I was walking up the aisle towards him. It was the first time that he saw my dress - his choice. I think he held it together during the ceremony. Afterwards, he told me that he was really concentrating on what the minister was saying, and thinking "wow, this is really happening!".

Me, on the other hand, I teared up as soon as the doors opened and I took my first step in. I happened to lock eyes with one of my close friends. She had tears in her eyes, so that started it for me. I was looking around at all the guests when I should have been looking at DH. I was able to calm myself by the time I got to the altar, but I started tearing up once the minister started talking about love and all that other mushy stuff. I also tried to look at random things, like the flower arrangements or the unity candle or the floor, to try to stop crying, so there are some pics of me looking like I wasn't paying attention. By the time we got to the vows, I had tears streaming down my face. I even had to pause for a moment before I started repeating the vows because I wanted to make sure that the inscription inside DH's ring was facing the right way (I know, I'm weird!) before I slipped the ring on his finger, but I couldn't read the inscription because my tears made everything unclear!

I was really nervous about being the center of attention too. I've always been a super-shy person, but I don't remember feeling like everyone was staring at me. Maybe because it all happened so fast. I do remember at one point, when my dad and I were about 5-6 steps away from meeting DH, I was thinking "man, why are we walking so slow?". So I ended up dragging my dad up the rest of the aisle by trying to take bigger/quicker steps. I'm sure that looked a bit weird.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup. Made for some unattractive pictures - red eyes and tear tracks really aren't "beautifully romantic" outside the movies 8)

Apparently I set off a quarter of our guests, too.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Nope, no actual crying, but we both were *almost* there a couple times. The photographer got a great one of DH with his I'm-not-going-to-cry face on while I was saying my vows to him.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
We recognized our deceased grandparents early on in our ceremony, and as soon as our officiant said his grandmother's name, my husband started crying... and once the dam broke, the tears kept flowing throughout the rest of the ceremony! It was really, really sweet. I wiped away his tears with my hand at least three different times during the ceremony.

I cried several times BEFORE the ceremony (when I saw my flowers for the first time, while I was waiting to see my husband for our "first look," right before I walked down the aisle with my parents), and right before I started reading my vows I came close to losing it, but I managed to get through the ceremony without breaking down.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a crier, I can't tell you how many points during the planning process I cried out of joy, imagining the sentimentality of it all. I thought for sure I'd cry during the ceremony. BUT I didn't! I was just so happy and trying to stay focused on it all, that I don't think my brain had time to process it in that way.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I'm usually a pretty easy crier, but I did not cry at all during our wedding. I was so happy and nervous and it was just so surreal to me...

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Did I cry? No. I almost teared up when I got up to the altar with A and saw him starting to cry a little and I said "you can't do that, you're going to make me cry!" After that we both had crazy grins stuck on our faces up until the vows. In the middle of A saying his vows, for some reason we both almost burst out into a fit of giggles. It was a great and inexplicable moment, but we managed to hold it together. Actually, I think that's my favorite memory from the wedding :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results