shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you cry during your ceremony?

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
I am not an overly emotional person and neither is DF, but I have seen him tear up. I rarely ever cry, but when I do it's really hard for me to stop. DF keeps telling me he thinks he is going to tear up and look like a sissy (
9.gif
) during the ceremony.

This might sound silly, but I'm kind of hoping we can keep it together (at least until after the ceremony) to preserve makeup for the pictures. I know it will be an emotional time, but we are taking photos as soon as the ceremony is over, and I would rather look back to puffy, red eyes years down the road.

Did you guys cry during your ceremony? What about your hubby?

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
We both teared up!

I totally expected DH would...even he expected he would. He teared up even picking out the music for our ceremony or even hearing certain songs on the radio he thought would work, and tends to tear up at many things that touch him wherever he is, so it was no surprise that when it came to saying the vows tears would be shed on his side.

I was not surprised by my own tears either. I am not a dramatic person...but I do shed tears out of joy as easily as out of sadness. We were both so excited...and neither of us had heard the others vows until that moment...so yes the tears came out.

Fortunately we are both "pretty criers" for the most part so there weren't any red or puffy eyes (and of course I had on waterproof mascara!).

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i TOTALLY cried. i started crying before i even walked down the aisle. DH got a little bit teary, but you couldn''t really tell. he said he got something in his eye
2.gif
but then said he couldn''t help but get emotional because i was so emotional.

but then again, i''m the type of person who gets choked up watching brides find the dress on "say yes to the dress" so i''m not the person to talk to about this.

and when i cry out of happiness/being over emotional, i don''t get the red face that i get when i really cry bc i''m upset. and my make-up held up just fine. and i touched it up a little bit just to be on the safe side.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Rai- I am jealous of ''pretty criers''!!! I get all splotchy when I cry and have a hard time stopping the waterworks.
14.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did -- shocked the crap out of everyone! I thought my DH would cry, but he was cool as a cucumber :) I carried a tissue with me, and just dabbed my eyes while i was saying the vows to keep my makeup in tact. even though i cried, you couldn't even tell at all afterwards for pictures.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We both teared up during our vows (that we wrote, so they were extra special to us). No tears actually fell though, besides the one DH wiped away using my hand, haha!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
sunnyd- Super cute :)

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
We both teared up... my mascara was a little runny, but I didn''t get the puffy red "boo hoo" eyes. Plus, my make-up artists was invited to stay for the wedding (b/c he was a friend), so he came running out with him make-up kit after the ceremony to fix me up before my photos. That was awesome!

I just about lost it when I first started walking down the aisle. I manage to keep it together though. During the ceremony, I keep trying to look at mundane things or think about other stuff (awful, I know) to keep me from loosing it altogether. I did start laughing at one point though- we had an alpaca farm behind our venue (outside wedding) and they got really loud during the ceremony + a dog was barking. I looked at my sister while I was standing at the alter & she started laughing, so I did too. Ha Ha. I think it saved me.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 5:31:56 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
We both teared up... my mascara was a little runny, but I didn''t get the puffy red ''boo hoo'' eyes. Plus, my make-up artists was invited to stay for the wedding (b/c he was a friend), so he came running out with him make-up kit after the ceremony to fix me up before my photos. That was awesome!

I just about lost it when I first started walking down the aisle. I manage to keep it together though. During the ceremony, I keep trying to look at mundane things or think about other stuff (awful, I know) to keep me from loosing it altogether. I did start laughing at one point though- we had an alpaca farm behind our venue (outside wedding) and they got really loud during the ceremony + a dog was barking. I looked at my sister while I was standing at the alter & she started laughing, so I did too. Ha Ha. I think it saved me.

SO SO relieved to hear that I''m not the only one thinking of doing that.

And also.. the alpaca story is hilarious. Maybe we should randomly place some alpacas around our venue too? Or geese or peacocks or any other loud-noise-making creature.
37.gif
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
We were married in a pretty quick ceremony at the courthouse, but I did cry a little bit. I think I would''ve cried more if the ceremony was longer. My husband teared up a bit, like he did when he proposed, but he didn''t actually cry. He''s not a person who cries at happy occasions, so that was expected!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Both of us cried, but he started crying after we did the sign of the peace in our ceremony (Catholic) and he went over to hug his parents. I started up when I was walking down the aisle but didn''t shed any tears. Then I cried during our vows when I looked into DH''s eyes. I stopped after that though.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
We both cried. It was the first and only time I have seen DH cry.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
I teared up as I walked down the aisle, but it wasn't enough to mess up my make up.
9.gif
I thought DH would cry, but he kept it together pretty well.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh yeah we cried. Both of us.

I really lost it. It was so bad I could barely say my vows. DH was amazing--he stared right into my eyes the entire time, and he kept those tears *right there* in his eyes before spilling out for the entire ceremony.

All of my bridesmaids were gushing over DH after the ceremony, it was so cute. They kept saying "The way he looked at you the entire time was AMAZING. Oh my gosh, it was SO SWEET!" It really was. And my DH is NOT the sweet, senitmental type, but just thinking about the way he looked at me, oh man, it makes me feel alll mushy inside.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 8:16:19 PM
Author: blackpolkadot
I teared up as I walked down the aisle, but it wasn''t enough to mess up my make up.
9.gif
I thought DH would cry, but he kept it together pretty well.
I had the same experience as blackpolkadot. When I saw him at the end of the aisle I started to cry a little. When I got down the aisle, he reached for my hand to help soothe me and I was fine. The only issue is that my nose started running and I didn''t have a tissue. I have no idea what I was thinking not bringing a tissue.

DH started to get teary-eyed when I walked down the aisle, but when he saw I was crying, he went into comfort mode. He held my hands, which was a very sweet gesture. He said that he was grateful I was crying because it made him focus on comforting me instead of crying himself. Both of our chins quivered a little when we said our vows, but we didn''t cry.

I also had a similar experience as Haven--DH was staring into my eyes the entire time with a look that was very touching and caring. We kept looking into each others eyes because we wanted to remember the ceremony. I think the image of him looking down at me and holding my hands with a quivering chin will be forever imprinted on my brain. I''m glad.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I cried a *lot* during the ceremony. As I walked down the aisle DH and I looked into each others eyes the entire time - it felt like it was just the two of us in the room (which is saying a lot because there were 500+ people there!) I had tears running down my cheeks as I walked down the aisle towards DH and the whole ceremony. It was so beautiful and special. DH got teary, but didn''t actually cry until afterwards. Our wedding night we both cried - we were just so happy to finally be together and married.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
nope! :) It mostly felt surreal and like all I could see was him. More surreal than cry-y :)

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Our wedding was a cry fest, but it wasn''t that obvious.

My Dad was a mess and cried when I pinned his bout. on. He cried when he walked me down the isle (I teared up)
My MIL cried, SIL''s cried, MOH cried.

I cried during the vows, and DH teared up and he was holding back the tears.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
NO, but DH did:)

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
So here''s another question..

Were you guys petrified while walking down the aisle? I''m not used to being the center of attention.

About 55 people came to my shower, and when I first walked in I got SO nervous. I hope I can get over the nerves enough on that day to really enjoy it and take it all in.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope neither of us did. I was so excited and happy that there were no tears at all.

ETA-just saw your next question. I'm not a fan of being the center of attention either but I wasn't nervous about walking down the aisle at all. I loved seeing everyone that we had invited there and of course seeing DH at the altar.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither of us cried--we both had huge grins on our faces. We did both get choked up during the part where we read our vows to one another though. At one point my voice cracked, and I had to pause before going on.

I loved walking down the aisle toward my DH, and seeing both his sweet expression and all my family/friends beaming at me. It was one of the most magical experiences ever.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I am such a sap!! I cry at other peoples weddings, I cry at movies, while reading books, watching TV... the slightest thing will set me off. I was prepared for Niagara Falls on my wedding day!!!

...But I did not cry a single tear. I was JUST! TOO! HAPPY!
26.gif
30.gif
26.gif

(ETA: I lied. I just remembered that I did cry a COUPLE of tears during my dad's speech at the reception. But other than that... nonesies.)

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:29:29 AM
Author: ArtistJess

Were you guys petrified while walking down the aisle? I''m not used to being the center of attention.

About 55 people came to my shower, and when I first walked in I got SO nervous. I hope I can get over the nerves enough on that day to really enjoy it and take it all in.

I *hate* being the center of attention. I was uncomfortable with it at the engagement party and bridal shower (but especially the bridal shower because it was just me without my husband). But at the wedding I was so incredibly calm and relaxed, and just so HAPPY. I was too *happy* to be petrified, and even though I had worried about everyone staring at me while walking down the aisle, I had my eyes on my husband the entire time down the aisle and it seemed as if we were the only two people in the room. It was like everyone else had disappeared and we were in our own little world. The whole wedding was so wonderful and I didn''t even think once about being the center of attention. I was too over the moon about finally being married to my husband!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t cry during the ceremony but i did straight after when all my friends were hugging me. It was a mix of being happy and relieved that everything went well i think. I don''t know if hubby cried because he had his sunglasses on.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 2:29:29 AM
Author: ArtistJess

Uh, yeah!!! When i walked onto the beach and saw everyone there i really did have the OH MY GOD I''M GETTING MARRIED moment. It was so surreal to see 60 of my nearest and dearsest standing there watching me walk down all on my own, but as soon as i was at the start of the aisle where hubby walked me down the rest of the way, it was all good!

grace10209

Rough_Rock
I cried. I thought I would be fine but I totally lost it. My gram walked me down the aisle. I was fine until we got to DH, he walked towards us - looking at her with tears in his eyes, then I looked at her and she started - and that was it! I lost it. He took my hand and brought me to the front and i couldn''t stop. I thought i was going to have to leave. Seriously.
Thank god DH realized he needed to be strong and pull me out of it, so he did. He told some jokes and got me to laugh.
It was cute, i was really crying, couldn''t breathe and he, holding my hands, looked towards everyone in the church and said "she''s happy to be here, i swear"
everyone laughed and it helped me calm down. LOL
good DH
2.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2010 10:11:07 AM
Author: grace10209
I cried. I thought I would be fine but I totally lost it. My gram walked me down the aisle. I was fine until we got to DH, he walked towards us - looking at her with tears in his eyes, then I looked at her and she started - and that was it! I lost it. He took my hand and brought me to the front and i couldn''t stop. I thought i was going to have to leave. Seriously.
Thank god DH realized he needed to be strong and pull me out of it, so he did. He told some jokes and got me to laugh.
It was cute, i was really crying, couldn''t breathe and he, holding my hands, looked towards everyone in the church and said ''she''s happy to be here, i swear''
everyone laughed and it helped me calm down. LOL
good DH
2.gif
That is too funny.
1.gif

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I cried the most when he met me 1/2 way down the aisle and I initially saw him. Same with dh. Nothing else in the world mattered at that moment. It was such a great moment.

jamaica_wed2010.jpg

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Grace- that is too funny :) i love it!

Dani- what a sweet picture. you look beautiful!

I am loving all these sweet stories! They are making me feel so much better about being a little nervous. It''s worth mentioning, though, that it''s the WEDDING I''m jumpy about, not the marriage.
9.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results