shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond cut help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovemygirlfriend

Rough_Rock
I went to this jewelry store that was going out of business and having great sales. I asked if they had any H&A diamonds, and the guy who says he is a gemologist said no...but he said that only a couple of brands make those diamonds, which I don''t think is true...maybey just not the name brean of hearts on fire or so. Anyway he did pull out some supposed ideal cut round diamonds. One was 1ct G color SI1 for $3900...originally at $5800. I must say although it was not H&A it was cut well and had alot of light return. I am just scared becasue I can''t relly tell what a good cut is, I just believe what Im told. How do I knoe=w if a diamond is well cut if it is not H&A...I''m new at this most H&A diamonds I have seen were amazing, so I never doubted the brilliance of their cuts. But for diamonds that are not H&A I have no idea. How can I tell if it is still an ideal cut?

-Kiel

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kiel,

Buy one of these. $25 will go a long way to making you more confident in these situations. It will probably also help to read the ''advanced tutorial'' from the Knowledge links at the top of this page.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can gain alot of info by reading this link. it is from the "knowledge" section above. very helpful!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
A diamond can have great light return and beauty without being cut for the Hearts & Arrows effect. That said, if you do decide you would like to pursue a H&A diamond I put together some info in the PS glossary, linked here which may be helpful.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
I agree John. I had two diamonds in both GIA graded same same a nice match for earrings. One had text book hearts and arrows and the other had text book arrows and a messed up heart shape. The one with a messed up heart configuration had that bit more of life in it. The customer picked up on it also.

Do a lot of looking around and compairing , let your eyes tell you what is nice looking.

The Iceman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results