shape
carat
color
clarity

Depth & Table for H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turismo

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows what I could narrow my depth and table ranges down to to assist my search for an H&A diamond. Since most sights don''t post Sarins and I have to individually email each person to see the Sarin report, it would help if I could "pre-screen" by narrowing the AGS0 range down to a smaller H&A range before I request the Sarins and other information.

So if this is AGS0--

Table 53-58
Depth 58.7-62.3

(that''s right, isn''t it?)

then what could I furthur restrict this range to for an H&A search?

I notice that Blue Nile uses this range--

Table 55-56
Depth 60.1-60.9

--would that be a good one to use?

Also, is it possible to simpy enter the Sarin numbers directly into a program like GemAdvisor (that''s the same as DiamCalc, right?) once I have them? Or do I need to have a special file to do that? I guess what I''m getting at is how can I analyze the hearts & arrows pattern visually with the Sarin numbers? Is GemAdvisor my only way if I don''t have IdealScope images? Also, I''ve noticed on a few of the DiamCalc files I''ve viewed that it is difficult to see the hearts pattern with this viewer. The arrows picture is easy to analyze, however. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all of your expert advice!

-Turismo

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Turismo,

Not sure I get the detailed interest in H&A (would you like to explain?)...though maybe it's no different than color in nature, as an interesting attribute of a diamond...the one being man-made, the other being organic to the diamond. Interesting to know there are systems in Asia that capture this more precisely.

Mostly, I wanted to share that you can let Pricescope help you with the "heavy lifting" on H&A as a feature. Although sarin shouldn't help you too much to determine whether you have H&A or not, sarin will help determine whether a diamond is well cut, and generally, it needs first to be well cut, with H&A then being a subset of that.

To a) find those diamonds that are well cut, use this database here, which incidentally, also frequently calls out, by vendor's description, those diamonds that are H&A. Another database b) that fails to provide sarin data, but does allow you to specify that you DO want H&A in your specifications is this one.

As Jim mentioned in I think his other post, you can read from the guys at WF about H&A from our shores here and here.

Best of wishes,

TLS

Shiny_Rock
HI Turismo - blue nile actually lists the depth for their signature ideal to be between 60.1 -61.9 and their ideal to be 60.1 -62.8 (I personally think 62.8 is too deep). Just wanted to mention this because you listed that blue nile has depth only to 60.9 which doesn''t sound right. I assume that was a typo and you meant to type 61.9.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results