shape
carat
color
clarity

Democrat Discussion -with RULES-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
ok, so can you guess how hard it is to get inauguration day tickets?!?!?!?!?!?!

39.gif
40.gif
32.gif
23.gif
7.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2008 8:54:53 PM
Author: swimmer
Remember the website with Palin in the White House and all the little gags? they updated the site and you are going to smile. link
Do check out the light switch on the original Palin page (reachable from the link on the bottom)!

MaggieB: Thank you for sharing your conversation with your father. It gives me hope. I haven''t spoken to my mother since she left me hurtful and very disrespectful messages about Obama''s impending election almost two weeks ago. I suppose I should pick up the phone, but... not yet.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 12:12:41 AM
Author: MoonWater

39.gif
40.gif
32.gif
23.gif
7.gif

Oh, I want to go. We went 4 years ago to protest Bush. Fun times. LOL.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 3:55:49 PM
Author: goobear78

Date: 11/7/2008 12:12:41 AM

39.gif
40.gif
32.gif
23.gif
7.gif

Oh, I want to go. We went 4 years ago to protest Bush. Fun times. LOL.
It sucks but we''re just going to show up anyway. I can''t just sit at home and watch it. I need to "be in the room" so to speak.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 3:14:58 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Date: 11/5/2008 8:54:53 PM
Author: swimmer
Remember the website with Palin in the White House and all the little gags? they updated the site and you are going to smile. link
Do check out the light switch on the original Palin page (reachable from the link on the bottom)!

MaggieB: Thank you for sharing your conversation with your father. It gives me hope. I haven''t spoken to my mother since she left me hurtful and very disrespectful messages about Obama''s impending election almost two weeks ago. I suppose I should pick up the phone, but... not yet.

Oh man, how sad. My best friend''s mother has been mailing her "Obama''s starting a militia" flyers and they are now at eachother''s throats. (see other thread) Honestly, people ask me how I can be liberal and get along with my father and my fiance, and I guess I''ve just never been exposed to the "dark" side before. My Republicans talk about stuff like why they don''t think his economic policies will work. Which is a difference of opinion I can heartily respect, but disagree with. But if there was ever any "Obama is a Muslim" talk, the wedding would be off.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel you on the family difficulties! Me and my twin sister are the only Democrats in my immediate family! Why, oh why, was I born into a family of religious Republicans?!!!

Lately I''ve been gloating on Facebook and starting fights with my brother through our status updates! And I''ve been holding myself back all night from commenting on the fact that my older sister actually just joined some group on Facebook called "Don''t blame me...I voted for McCain." Say WHAT?!!!! Obama hasn''t done anything yet! He''s not even the (bad word) president yet! If it weren''t for my reasonable fiance holding me back, it would have gotten a little ugly on the internets! AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHH!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 9:07:25 PM
Author: thing2of2
I feel you on the family difficulties! Me and my twin sister are the only Democrats in my immediate family! Why, oh why, was I born into a family of religious Republicans?!!!

Lately I''ve been gloating on Facebook and starting fights with my brother through our status updates! And I''ve been holding myself back all night from commenting on the fact that my older sister actually just joined some group on Facebook called ''Don''t blame me...I voted for McCain.'' Say WHAT?!!!! Obama hasn''t done anything yet! He''s not even the (bad word) president yet! If it weren''t for my reasonable fiance holding me back, it would have gotten a little ugly on the internets! AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHH!
Thing, I am TOTALLY ready to start a support group for Democrats with Religious Republican Family Members. (Though I think we''ll need a catchier group name.)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 9:05:18 AM
Author: MaggieB

Thing, I am TOTALLY ready to start a support group for Democrats with Religious Republican Family Members. (Though I think we''ll need a catchier group name.)
Just let me know when and where... I''m there!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 11:19:06 AM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 11/8/2008 9:05:18 AM
Author: MaggieB

Just let me know when and where... I''m there!

Hahaha-where can I sign up for this support group?! I need it! And I''ll work on the catchy name!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2008 9:50:56 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 11/5/2008 9:26:36 PM

Date: 11/5/2008 9:10:58 PM

Author: miraclesrule

Moon, when someone asks me why I love going to the football games so much, they don''t understand that each time I do I get to be among community of all different gender, color, age, team affliliation, and we all begin by singing the national anthem. That was an awesome video.

I kept finding more videos and a lot of people across the country broke into singing the National Anthem. It was so great to see.
Bet it was pretty ghastly to hear though.
2.gif
And in case anyone thinks I''m trashing the National Anthem, I''m not really. I have the same affection for it in most ways, as anyone.

But it is widely acknowledged as a pretty difficult song for the average person to sing. My favorite is to hear someone (clearly untrained) get up and begin the song acapella, get a few bars in, and realize quickly that they started too high. The looks of pure panic on their faces as they realize how utterly screwed they are because with the key they''re in, there is no way ever, they will make the high note, is pretty entertaining.

I know, I''m cruel. Not really though. I actually don''t like to see people like that, but it does seem common.
2.gif

LOL, I just saw this. Oh you are so cruel! But um...yeah...it was a...um...tad bit hard on the ears.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:03:52 PM
Oh man, was this posted yet? Hilarious!!! Obama Zombies

Hahaha-I don''t know but I love that! A friend of mine has been campaigning for Obama for pretty much the entire time he''s been running and she says that''s pretty much her! She''s like "Wait-I don''t have to head down to the local campaign office and make phone calls or anything? What am I supposed to do with my time?!"

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 9:05:35 PM
Author: thing2of2
Date: 11/9/2008 9:03:52 PM

Oh man, was this posted yet? Hilarious!!! Obama Zombies

Hahaha-I don''t know but I love that! A friend of mine has been campaigning for Obama for pretty much the entire time he''s been running and she says that''s pretty much her! She''s like ''Wait-I don''t have to head down to the local campaign office and make phone calls or anything? What am I supposed to do with my time?!''

Tell her to sleep! That''s what I''d do!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
deco, i heart you!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Have we come up with the name for our support group yet? I need it after the weekend I had. Which I can''t tell you about without violating every racial and religious P.S. rule.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Irish, I just saw your post on that other thread. No worries, I saw your initial post in the deleted thread.
2.gif

And btw, I don''t equate ignorant to stupid (although the dictionary says it means lacking intelligence). To me, it just means you don''t know enough about the topic at hand. I don''t consider myself ignorant about the issues regarding prop 8. My mother, whom I love dearly and who is truly the sweetest, kindest person I know IS ignorant about certain issues - because she simply doesn''t have anyone in her life who can directly (i.e. are gay) share with her about those issues. It doesn''t make her a bad person.

Hope the dems don''t mind the threadjack, but I just wanted to say to Irish there was no need to apologize.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 11:14:12 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Hey Irish, I just saw your post on that other thread. No worries, I saw your initial post in the deleted thread.
2.gif

And btw, I don''t equate ignorant to stupid (although the dictionary says it means lacking intelligence). To me, it just means you don''t know enough about the topic at hand. I don''t consider myself ignorant about the issues regarding prop 8. My mother, whom I love dearly and who is truly the sweetest, kindest person I know IS ignorant about certain issues - because she simply doesn''t have anyone in her life who can directly (i.e. are gay) share with her about those issues. It doesn''t make her a bad person.

Hope the dems don''t mind the threadjack, but I just wanted to say to Irish there was no need to apologize.
Thanks, T-Gal!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results