shape
carat
color
clarity

demantoid and alexandrite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
When purchasing some other stones a while back I received a few freebies; a demantoid from Gemline and a cat's eye alex from Master Cut Gems. I decided that I wanted something simple that I could wear on my middle fingers so I had them (almost) flush set into comfort fit bands. The demantoid went into a 5mm yellow gold band and the alex went into a 6mm white gold band. Here's both of them together. Both rings were done by TC Jewelers in Arlington MA.

kiz-freebies1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And both together again.

kiz-freebies2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The demantoid all by itself.

kiz-freedemantoid1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And the alex.

kiz-alex1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And the alex actually showing a bit of color.

kiz-alex2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them! I really like the look of the gypsy set, and the demantoid looks like a real sparkler!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love what you’ve done with the stones; the setting is protective yet gives them a substantial appearance. Love the cat’s eye because I’m easily amused by the eye tricks that they do.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings!
18.gif

-A

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Very nice..simple yet elegant..the dem seems to sparkle pretty well!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely rings kismet! Look like fun pieces to wear!
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous - love the flush settings! Gotta ask you though, what on earth did you buy that was so expensive that a demantoid and an alex were thrown in as freebies?!?
11.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 10:29:57 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Gorgeous - love the flush settings! Gotta ask you though, what on earth did you buy that was so expensive that a demantoid and an alex were thrown in as freebies?!?
11.gif

Heh, for the alex, I purchased a large pink tourmaline and a pair of zircons (loose stone pics here.) For the demantoid I purchased a green tourmaline (pics of the loose stone can be found
here.)

The demantoid is pretty showy but I have to admit I''ve been wearing the alex more, mainly for the cat''s eye effect.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool stones and settings. Great setting idea. Enjoy!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very, very nice rings, Kismet! Love what you have done with those small stones. Now you can enjoy wearing those pretties.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I really like this idea.

Kismet, which finger do you wear these rings on and what other rings would you also wear at the same time. Can we see a hand shot?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kismet, I love them. Especially the demantoid, when I hear this word my body stiffens as if I were a dog sensing a game.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 10:21:31 AM
Author: Gailey
I really like this idea.

Kismet, which finger do you wear these rings on and what other rings would you also wear at the same time. Can we see a hand shot?

These were made to be worn on my middle fingers; they tend to sit somewhat forward of the rings on my ring fingers. Here''s a pic of the alex and an aquamarine ring.

kiz-freealex2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the demantoid and my wedding band/BGD eternity band.

kiz-freedem3.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love those!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results