shape
carat
color
clarity

Decided on a setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
First off, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who gave their opinion and offered suggestions in my other thread (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/and-then-there-were-two.36854/)

Second, as I''m sure you''re all aware by now I''ve decided on a diamond from Whiteflash:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1948527.htm
#
0.795 cts
Color: J
Clarity: SI1

Third, against my better judgment, and the advice of many knowledgeable people here, I''ve decided to go with the Royal Crown setting by Vatche. I know this may surprise some of you, as in my past thread I had pretty much decided on the Sleek Lines setting by Le. However, for some reason that I can''t really explain the Royal Crown setting just speaks to me in a way that the Sleek Lines does not. I only hope that the ring speaks to my girlfriend in the same way
2.gif

Anyway, this poses a problem since Whiteflash no longer carries the Vatche line, so I''m shopping around with some other Pricescope vendor in order to find a setting. I have a very promising lead, and I''ll let you all know what I find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for the unwavering support and advice,
Eban

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
in case your lead is not wink, i hereby giveth you another
2.gif

the royal crown is indeed beautiful, it will look great. look into the matching band for a nice fit. can''t wait to see it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
A bit OT - but does anyone know why Whiteflash isn''t carrying Vatche anymore?

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2005 11:01:35 AM
Author: fire&ice
A bit OT - but does anyone know why Whiteflash isn't carrying Vatche anymore?
I wonder if it's partly because everyone else does
1.gif
(looked to me sort of like Vatche had become commoditized with the internet vendors); partly because margins, delivery time, quality control, ... are better with what they offer now. Not that I'm suggesting a problem with any of these.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay i love the royal crown. i think that if you are considering something like an xprong etc then the royal crown is a natural one to move to, i adore precious jewel''s royal crown, though it does hold a 3c...so maybe thats why i like it so much? hehee.

congrats can''t wait to see pictures!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think you made a great choice! She''ll love it! Good luck, and make sure to let us know how it goes (and let us see hand pics, of course!)...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
also re the settings, it seems like WF is also carrying their own line of styles that have some vatche-like qualities so possibly they wanted to do their own thing or have more leeway with custom, rather than carry a designer?

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Just a quick update: I purchased the RC setting from Wink and they''re going to mail it to me so that I can make sure I like the setting before I have it set with the diamond. I''m so excited!

Thanks everyone,
Eban

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats. You will love the setting. Be sure and update us with photos when you can.

shay

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
My RC setting from Wink arrived today, and it''s gorgeous! The band is not at all to thick, which I was worried about (in fact, it seems very delicate to me). I''ll post pictures tomorrow morning when I have the apartment to myself
2.gif

Cheers,
Eban

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Eban, can''t wait to see the pics tomorrow!!!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It sounds great!

I love the Royal Crown setting!

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
I know it''s not as good as it will be with the diamond, but I thought I''d post a few pictures of my RC setting. This first pic was just taken on a white background, with flash.

DV_RC.jpg

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Okay, sorry about the super giant size, lets try again...

DV_RC2.jpg

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
Much better. Here''s one of the ring on my size 8.5 ring finger...

DV_RC3.jpg

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
And finally, a picture of the ring on my pinky, next to my graduation ring...

DV_RC4.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is lovely, really nice and fluid looking.
30.gif
Congrats on your choice!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! I love that royal crown! Please keep the pictures coming when you have the whole ring put together!!

Diamond_Virgin

Rough_Rock
And for all those wondering, yes I have very slender fingers for a man
5.gif

Of course there will be more pictures once the ring is set, so don't you worry.

Now of course, since I'm the wishy-washy person (Charlie Brown anyone?) that I am, I'm having second thoughts about the diamond I chose. I was going to go with this stone:

AGS-6633803
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1948527.htm#
0.795 cts
Clarity: SI1
HCS: EX-EX-EX-VG

But that inclusion right in the middle bothers me. I can see it with the naked eye in the 40x magnified photo that they have the on WF website, but Lesley assures me that by their definition the stone is eye clean. Now I believe that their definition is "10 inches away, face up," so that's good, but I'm concerned about getting closer to the ring, or looking at it from different angles. Lesley suggested that if I want peace of mind I should just go with my second (very close second) choice diamond:

AGS-6633802
http://whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-1948526.htm#
0.768 cts
Clarity: VS2
HCS: EX-EX-EX-EX

When you look at the measurements of the first stone (5.96-5.98X3.63) compared to the measurements of the second one (5.95-5.97X3.59), it's really not that much smaller. So anyway, I may switch, we shall see.

Thanks for all the help thus far!
Eban

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
It looks great!!! I can''t wait to see it when it''s completed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results