shape
carat
color
clarity

Date of your wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/31/2004 3:26:13 PM heart prongs wrote:

Aljdewey - do you live on the North Shore? I work in Danvers too
----------------
Yup. Live in Andover, work in Danvers.
9.gif

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
Four more months for me. I am just too impatient.
Can't I be wearing my dress and walking down the aisle already?

Jenibear

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
naughty.gif

Mari

Rough_Rock
14th of May 2005
over a year to go, and I'm already impatient....

But I'll need the time to sort out all those little details I ad no idea i needed to sort out.

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
I don't know how I missed this thread before....

September 5th, 2004. If I had it my way, time would STOP. I'm the kind of person who hates even planning a birthday party or a small gathering. The funny thing is, I never thought I wanted a "wedding" in the traditional sense of the word. I always envisioned myself eloping, and yet here we are - planning a real wedding. I guess you could say I was sucked in by the bridal magazines & family/friends who told me that I "simply couldn't" elope.
2.gif

My to-do list is up to date, but there's so many little things to do, that I know I'll be a wreck the weeks leading up to the wedding.

I went up to Portland this last weekend, and had a dress fitting and actually had an anxiety attack during the fitting! I am not normally one to suffer from this sort thing, but I did. Everything turned all white & I became really clammy & almost passed out. Of course, the seamstress asked if I was pregnant - to which I screeched out "NO!" Once I put my head between my legs & had a glass of water I felt fine. I may have been dehydrated too, since we had just flown in that morning & I usually drink a lot of water, which I hadn't that day. Ugh.

September 5th, you take your time. I'm in no rush!
9.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... in a purely technical sense I'm not engaged yet, since we're still ring-shopping (and may well be for a while, there's no rush). But I'm guessing the wedding will be in May 2007, unless we get impatient or sufficiently annoyed at whatever the INS has been calling themselves recently (my intended is Candian).

I guess we could have fun freaking out places by trying to book them this far in advance. I know the local salsa hot-spot rents out for parties... the only problem is that it used to be a church, and so getting married there would be pretty strange. I'm not sure how they'd feel about pot-luck, and that's really appealing.

With all the money we're going to "save" by doing this extremely low-key, I wonder if we could make a good argument for going on a nice honeymoon to Hawaii and going hiking?

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
June 23 2005...Does anyone know why theknot.com won't let you make a wedding page without an exact date?? the 23rd is still up in the air, but we wanted to start making our page!

Colleen

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Mara must be in the last stages of PANIC right about now. How exciting!

My date is August 28, 2004. 4 months away!

We are getting married at Westwood Plateau (golf and country club), in a suburb of Vancouver. It is gorgeous and we love it!

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Fisiogrl,

Congrats to you from another Vancouverite! My MOH is actually getting married on Aug 28 also! What a special day!

lesliez

Rough_Rock
We finaly picked a date and put a deposit down for the place and Officiant!!! The wedding is October 23 at the Blue Ridge Outlook at Wintergreen. This is a picture of the outlook from a previous fall wedding.

wed-couple-bro-mums500.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
December 11, 2004!

Is there a thread that talks about engagement length? Ours is eight months. We've been dating for over five years, so we didn't want to be engaged for a super long time. Plus I didn't want to have to wait until 2005, that just made it seem a lot longer away, even if it was only a month. And this way we can enjoy Christmas and New Year's as a married couple. And we'll be tan too!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m getting married August 20, 2005. I just met with my officiant last night, she is AWESOME! I have the place booked - (Clammbake for 200 people, on a lake) and a DJ. No florist, as I am doing that part myself. I am on a superduper budget, (we''re paying for it ourselves) and taking every shortcut I can think of. Like, my dad is driving, instead of a limo... doing my own centerpieces, etc. The ceremony and reception is onthe beach, right in the sand - no dance floor - just sand in your toes! I have my beachy wedding dress, maggie sottero''s Paulette, and it just came in, but i''d like to lose 1/2 a person before i try it on!!

RE: the knot - just make up a date - you can change it later - they allow you to do that! :)

Afternoon of Saturday, March 26, 2005
Easter Eve
Seattle, Washington

a little over 2 months into our engagement and a little less that 4 months till our wedding.

We decided to just go for it, as I have heard that as a general rule, the longer you wait the more stressed out you'll be and hte more it will land up costing.

I also really liked the date as we don't have anything else going on in March - every other month there is basically something to celebrate. Also, the Equinox is March 20 (which is also my deceased dad's birthday) and i love the idea of "a new beginning - start of spring".
emlove.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Alice,

What a great idea to have your wedding date on your Dad''s birthday, so you can always remember him! That is so sweet... I love it when people''s wedding dates are so meaningful...

Unfortunately for us, we are the fairly boring September 3, 2005. It''s Labor Day weekend, which is working out to be more convenient for our guests than we anticipated and the fiance and I decided that we should consider our anniversary to be Labor Day weekend rather than 9/3/05, so we can make a little weekend getaway for it every year!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
we too chose a holiday weekend for our big day. It will be July 2, 2005. Saturday of the July 4th weekend. Gives our out of town guests an extra day to soak in the sunny southern california weather and gives us a chance to see everyone afterwards. I''m hoping to have a lil day-after thank you brunch to get a chance to actually talk to my relatives instead of the hi and bye''s at the wedding reception.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
We''re having a holiday weekend wedding too. May 27th 2006 (So mine is a lot further off than the rest of yours! TUlipcloud -Before I got engaged (during my loooong wait for the ring) I wanted July 2nd 2005 to be my date, but we wouldn''t have been able to throw it together AND we would be really poor when we got married. It is better for us to wait a year.

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
MelissaSue I''m in the same situation of a looooong engagement! We''re getting married June 17, 2006 at the Colony Hotel in Kennebunkport, ME (I''m from the area) - I always wanted a fall wedding but since I work in a school, it really doesn''t make sense! So it''s just shy of a 2-year engagement. FI''s best friend is getting married June 18, 2005 so we couldn''t go w/ this summer since they''re getting married that date. We had a really narrow window for booking it, as the reception site only does weddings from Sept-June, and school gets out in late June. I wish it was sooner, but I''m sure time will fly! I''ve just been keeping myself occupied on the Knot, dreaming about my wedding :o).

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
June 24, 2005. 7 month engagement, and we''ll have been together for 7 years and 9 months at the time. Our wedding is right by the summer solstice, so there will be tons of daylight for our 7pm church wedding and outdoors reception!! I''m imagining wedding photos of the two of us in the sunset - GORGEOUS!!!!! I can''t wait!!

Phoenixgirl - Happy Almost Wedding Day!!! My Fi''s birthday is the 10th!

JKohio

Rough_Rock
Our wedding is April 30th, 2005! Gaaaa! Only 4 months to go. Most of the big stuff is set (church, hall, dress, BM dresses, photog., bakery, etc.) but we keep putting off refining the guest list. It''s up to 250 & must be cut down. That''s the hard part, but we''re paying for this ourselves, so it has to be done. My parents have offered to pay for our honeymoon though -- Woo! (The honeymoon that still has to be planned, that is.) I think we''re doing ok though, considering we''ve only been engaged since Sept. 2004.
emsmile.gif
Ack! I need to call florists, too.

PS. For those who are undecided regarding wedding date & want to set up a knot web site, go ahead & do it with your tentative date. You can always adjust that later. We had wanted a 4/23/05 wedding, but that date was already booked at the hall we really wanted.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
We''re August 27th at Battery Gardens in NYC. Right on the water, with a view of the Statue of Liberty
10.gif
. Let''s hope the sunset is pretty too!! Aaaahhhhh....

so.much.to.do....
32.gif

sasha2359

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m brand new here, but I love this website!!
I''m getting married on 6/18/05!!

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
My date is the 18th of august 2005, after an engagement of aprox. 19 months..And I have SO MANY things to do!!!

BUT on that date we will be together for...

10 1/2 years

30.gif
That is a loooooooooooong time, and I am still SO much in love with him!!
30.gif

high school sweethart''s....

rfath

Shiny_Rock
September 10, 2005. *twitch*

I''ve assigned my fiance two things... an officiant and the entertainment (besides deciding who he wants in his party). Guess who hasn''t even started thinking about it yet?
2.gif
But we''ve booked the venue, the caterer, the photographer, and the florist. It''s a start!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date??!! We have to set a date??!!! Aaargh. The month will be October, the year will be 2006. Oct. 26 will be our 10th year as a couple so maybe the 29th or the weekend before, Oct. 22. I'll throw a dart at the calendar to come up with the day
19.gif

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
Tulipcloud-

My date is July 2, 2005 too! Not many folks are getting married on a holiday weekend- but as my FI puts it- every anniversary we''ll have a 3 day weekend! Or at least a day off somewhere in there :)

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Hey, I am July 2, 2005 too.... and I love the fact that we''ll a) have fireworks the night of the wedding provide for free, and b) always have a long weekend for the anniversary!!!

Heart

Rough_Rock
June bride.

June 15, 2003

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
November 5, 2005 in LA and then a second reception on November 26,2005 (Thanksgiving weekend - so my FI and I and his family have more time to spend in the bay area).

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2004 11:58:18 PM
Author: Matata
Date??!! We have to set a date??!!! Aaargh. The month will be October, the year will be 2006. Oct. 26 will be our 10th year as a couple so maybe the 29th or the weekend before, Oct. 22. I''ll throw a dart at the calendar to come up with the day
19.gif
Lol,
Matata, I am just like you---so happily newly engaged...and now they want me to plan this thing? We''ve no date either...but I''m thinking February 2006, because I will be done with grad school that December.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I wanted my wedding date to be July 2nd 2005! His parents anniversary is July 1st and my parents anniversary is July 3rd.. so I thought it would be perfect.
It wasn''t practical for us to plan everything by then.. and I wanted my full choice of venues.. so we''re waiting til next may. Nothing really special about our new day.. just about the earliest I could have it where it would be warm!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results