shape
carat
color
clarity

Dana''s sale - new stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/1/2009 2:43:00 AM
Author: MissMina
I made my first purchase ever from MasterCutGems on Sunday after watching the feeding frenzy for a few days. I was so afraid the spinel I had my eye on would slip away. So I just did it. Pay Pal only took a few seconds and it was mine. Now I am waiting by the mail box and trying not to think of what will be put up on Wednesday.
So tell me, do ''only gems'' get lonesome for their brothers, sisters and cousins?''
Just wondering....................
Yes, they do. And the family is very large, indeed
3.gif
But don''t worry, they make excellent houseguests. Which stone did you get?

I had my eye on that sapphire ever since it was first mentioned here on PS, but I have spent way too much lately (I should start a thread on my projects, actually). I am glad a PSer got it!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve got to "spill", In addition to the morogoro spinel, I bought that light lavendar spinal that is/was at the bottom of the page and the little sparkly sphene on the rare page. I don''t know if I''ll be able to set the sphene, but I am looking forward to meeting its shiny self.

I''m hoping Dana posts more amethysts, garnets, and maybe peridot.

Laura

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my first Spinel ever. I love the color.
Was originally looking for somwthing more peachy as I am a big rose gold fan.
But she called my name. Now I need to pay for my ring setting.
So I shouldn''t even look at what''s posted on Wednesday
Maybe just a little peek wouldn''t hurt?

spinel22051.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe Glitterata, I guess great minds thing alike
2.gif

I''ve actually been surprisingly good lately, so obviously I had to end that streak and buy something shiny
27.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 11:05:31 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hehe, CCN I hope those are claps of approval!
9.gif

This will be my first purchase from Dana, I''m a little worried about the gem being overly dark (even though I like very saturated and vivid stones like my tsavorite), but I''m excited to see Dana''s cutting!

For those of you who''ve bought from him, about how long did it take for the gem to get to you?
I sure do approve! The color looks lovely.... and I see a tiny hint of sea green. The crystal like structure is interesting too. I am curious to see what you think of it in person!

In another thread I posted that I purchased the 1.31 Namya Spinel and a lot of the Loliando Spessarites that are almost 5ctw. These are my first purchases from Dana and hopefully if all pans out, they won''t be my last.........
11.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW PSers are going to be posting alot of lovely pictures soon!!
9.gif

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 11:41:05 PM
Thanks JLY! Did you end up buying the sapphire you had your eye on?

I love gems with personality, flawlessness is actually a little bit of a turn off for me, but I''m wonky that way!

Since I forgot all about this thread, I just wanted to come back and say no, I never ended up buying the stone that I liked. I decided a plane ticket to see my brother and nephews in North Carolina was a better spend of my money.

However, a few days ago, I was talking to my best friend, joking about how me and her were going to get engaged and elope since my boyfriend and I weren''t engaged. She conned me into sending her the link to the page of the sapphire I liked, and now, today, in a conversation with my boyfriend, he said to me "Well, I''m getting you two christmas presents this year. One I discovered today, it''s about $x-amount. I think you''ll like it". The price he named was the exact price of the stone.

So call me paranoid or looking too much into the situation or what have you, but now I''m not even looking at the page because I don''t want to get my hopes up or down, lol.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
I posted on the "thanksgiving sales" thread but it''s probably more appropriate on this one:

Can anyone tell me if Dana has posted anything new? I know he said he was going to resume posting on Wednesday, but I haven''t seen anything since. . . and I''ve emptied out my cache and cookies and everything. And scanned and scanned the same categories over and over but I''m not seeing huge amounts of new things leaping out at me.

My experience with him was pretty flighty, so I''m torn between thinking he hasn''t, and being paranoid that I''m not getting the new additions.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 6:53:58 PM
Author: fierypyropixy
I posted on the ''thanksgiving sales'' thread but it''s probably more appropriate on this one:

Can anyone tell me if Dana has posted anything new? I know he said he was going to resume posting on Wednesday, but I haven''t seen anything since. . . and I''ve emptied out my cache and cookies and everything. And scanned and scanned the same categories over and over but I''m not seeing huge amounts of new things leaping out at me.

My experience with him was pretty flighty, so I''m torn between thinking he hasn''t, and being paranoid that I''m not getting the new additions.
I don''t see anything new either, but I think Dana is just extremely busy and it''s taking him more time to post new things than anticipated. Personally I can''t handle buying more gemstones this year so am glad I haven''t seen more new stones posted this week.
9.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I keep looking at his site, but I don''t see anything new either.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 12:31:36 AM
Author: Kay
I keep looking at his site, but I don''t see anything new either.
Me neither.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The setting is very nice - I like the details on the underside of the basket of the ring next to it. Does the round also have those diamonds?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received the sapphire today...but I''m afraid it''s going back. The color is a bit too dark and a bit grey for me, although I have to say the inclusion is super cool!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How easy is it to see the inclusion, MTG? Does it only show up in certain lights, or is it always apparent?

I posted pictures of my new Dana stones in this thread.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a pity the sapphire is not the right colour for you. I''m also curious about how easily seen this crystal inclusion is.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ghost crystal is very apparent, even my hubby saw it at first glance, lol. He thought it was cool, like rings on a tree.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 3:18:57 PM
I received the sapphire today...but I''m afraid it''s going back. The color is a bit too dark and a bit grey for me, although I have to say the inclusion is super cool!
Oh I''m sorry!! But it''s better to send back stones you don''t love. Maybe something else will find it''s way to you.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 3:18:57 PM

Though I understand some people likes the unique inclusion in gems, but that does not speaks to me..I would always prefer a clean gems:)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the inclusion for me, if it''s too distracting or interfering with sparkle then I don''t like it. But otherwise I like to think of them as gemmy birthmarks :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
$40 grossular garnet anyone? linky

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results