shape
carat
color
clarity

Dana''s sale - new stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dana says, in his website, that he is putting up new stones as well for his sale. I haven''t seen that many and I am pretty sure I know his inventory by heart. Is it only me?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you looked in the recently cut section?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's been listing them in the proper categories too someties, like in native cuts or sapphires.

Mmm..sooo purty.

Must...resist...sapphire craving...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Can someone please post a link to the store? I''m sure I have it saved but I''m not familiar by the owners name.

Thank you!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mochi - www.mastercutgems.com

He says they are going under the proper categories, but I haven''t seen them...

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
True...I discovered that the new ones were posted in the "Most Recent Cut" section, though maybe there were some changes in the other areas, as things seem to have moved around, but I can''t tell what changed!

Laura

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes the only way I can tell something has changed on the page is a stone is in a different position in line than I remember. And actually, it makes me notice some of the stones that have been there for a while, that I gloss over after seeing them several times.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:42:51 AM
Author: packrat
Sometimes the only way I can tell something has changed on the page is a stone is in a different position in line than I remember. And actually, it makes me notice some of the stones that have been there for a while, that I gloss over after seeing them several times.
Ditto Largosmom and packrat. I also do an occasional search for "pair", which is how I found the native cut rubies. They were posted in the "native cuts" section, which I never check.

He said that he has lots to post, but it takes a long time. I just want to cheer him on, because a lot of us are looking for the new treats.
3.gif
36.gif

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
An update from his site today:

I will be posting new gems on Wednesday; so for the faithful ones that have been keeping up with the site; you can take a 2 day break... If it is a new cut it will go under Most Recent Cut; otherwise it will go in the proper mineral category... Sorry for any confusion I may have instilled; but it has really been crazy on my end... There will be lots of sapphires, tourmalines, spinels, and some other unusual stuff. If there are things you are needing for the holiday; just ask and I will see if I can put them up.

So looks like he was pretty busy last week and didn''t get to posting the new stuff like he thought... but "lots of sapphires" sounds pretty good to me! I think I can wait till Wednesday! Even though I''m still staring at one that''s listed now... *sigh*. I''m gonna give myself an ulcer freaking out on whether I should buy it now, or wait and risk someone else snatching it up.

He does have a good return policy though... so if I don''t like it, I can always buy up another sparkley that might show up ;-)

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
He is very easy to work with. I bought a Burma spinel, red, from his Super Bargains link and the pendant with graduated round sapphires in a line/white gold.

Can''t wait to get the spinel, it is a ''standard'' size of 8 x 6 and I have so many options from LOGR that I am going to take the plunge and order a semimount from them.

Running to the mailbox every afternoon now: Waiting/waiting/waiting/waiting.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:58:44 PM
Author: JustLikeYou
An update from his site today:

I will be posting new gems on Wednesday; so for the faithful ones that have been keeping up with the site; you can take a 2 day break... If it is a new cut it will go under Most Recent Cut; otherwise it will go in the proper mineral category... Sorry for any confusion I may have instilled; but it has really been crazy on my end... There will be lots of sapphires, tourmalines, spinels, and some other unusual stuff. If there are things you are needing for the holiday; just ask and I will see if I can put them up.

So looks like he was pretty busy last week and didn''t get to posting the new stuff like he thought... but ''lots of sapphires'' sounds pretty good to me! I think I can wait till Wednesday! Even though I''m still staring at one that''s listed now... *sigh*. I''m gonna give myself an ulcer freaking out on whether I should buy it now, or wait and risk someone else snatching it up.

He does have a good return policy though... so if I don''t like it, I can always buy up another sparkley that might show up ;-)
Thank you for the update, JLY! If I were you, I''d go ahead and order the sapphire you have your eye on, and Dana can mail it tomorrow. If another one comes along, I''m pretty sure he will take a return, as long as it is within a few weeks here. You can''t lose.
2.gif
(I love to enable!
9.gif
)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Fly Girl, JLY! If you''re liking something, grab that baby and get it on it''s way to you just in case someone else has their eye on it too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was going to wait until all his new stones are up, but I caved and bought the sapphire I was eyeing! Oh well
27.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wednesday is going to be quite a day: Brad will update as well. Oooh, my poor wallet!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 5:41:10 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Wednesday is going to be quite a day: Brad will update as well. Oooh, my poor wallet!

Wahoo!

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Oooh, you''re all so bad! You''re like the little devils on my shoulder!

"Buyyyy the sparkley! buyyyy the sparkley! It''s so pretty and colorful and shiny!"
11.gif

The nervousness of it being my first potential stone purchase doesn''t help me any either, haha.

11.gif
"Just put it on the credit card! Credit card!"
11.gif

PS is oh so helpful and oh so evil at the same time, hahaha!
17.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worst comes to worse, you''re out 18$ if you have to return it.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 6:17:12 PM

''Buyyyy the sparkley! buyyyy the sparkley! It''s so pretty and colorful and shiny!''
11.gif

The nervousness of it being my first potential stone purchase doesn''t help me any either, haha.

11.gif
''Just put it on the credit card! Credit card!''
11.gif

17.gif
Well, it is a jewelry and gemstone appreication site. And, the best way to appreciate them is in person.
3.gif

That said, I strongly recommend that you have the money saved up for your purchase, and don''t buy items that are not necessary on credit.
12.gif

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 6:41:13 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Date: 11/30/2009 6:17:12 PM

''Buyyyy the sparkley! buyyyy the sparkley! It''s so pretty and colorful and shiny!''
11.gif

11.gif
''Just put it on the credit card! Credit card!''
11.gif

17.gif
Well, it is a jewelry and gemstone appreication site. And, the best way to appreciate them is in person.
3.gif

That said, I strongly recommend that you have the money saved up for your purchase, and don''t buy items that are not necessary on credit.
12.gif

Haha, yeah. I know. I have the money, just not in the right place. I don''t keep much in my checking account at any given time (usually just enough to pay standard bills), with most of it in my savings (call me paranoid I guess, I don''t know why), so it would go on credit until I could move money to the checking account to pay for it.

Oh heck, why not... I''m allowed to buy myself a present once a year... here I go.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you! I thought I was going to have to come peer pressure you into doing it. You know you want to. Everybody else is doing it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this from dana
9.gif

21037.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 8:43:28 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I got this from dana
9.gif

21037.jpg
36.gif
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, CCN I hope those are claps of approval!
9.gif

This will be my first purchase from Dana, I''m a little worried about the gem being overly dark (even though I like very saturated and vivid stones like my tsavorite), but I''m excited to see Dana''s cutting!

For those of you who''ve bought from him, about how long did it take for the gem to get to you?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 11:05:31 PM
Hehe, CCN I hope those are claps of approval!
9.gif

This will be my first purchase from Dana, I''m a little worried about the gem being overly dark (even though I like very saturated and vivid stones like my tsavorite), but I''m excited to see Dana''s cutting!

For those of you who''ve bought from him, about how long did it take for the gem to get to you?
Since it sounds like he is mailing today and tomorrow, I''m expecting to see my stones by the end of the week.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since it sounds like he is mailing today and tomorrow, I''m expecting to see my stones by the end of the week.

Wahoo!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine went out late Monday and I got it Thursday, so it didn''t take long! Looking forward to your pics MTG!

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 8:43:28 PM
I got this from dana
9.gif

21037.jpg

Ah hah! I figured that one might have been you when you said you bought one and a few minutes later it was "sold" on the site. It''s really interesting looking... you need to post pics when you get it! :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks JLY! Did you end up buying the sapphire you had your eye on?

I love gems with personality, flawlessness is actually a little bit of a turn off for me, but I''m wonky that way!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
MTG, I actually had that in my shopping cart and took it out again because I''ve spent too much money lately. I''m so glad I didn''t buy it when you wanted it.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
I made my first purchase ever from MasterCutGems on Sunday after watching the feeding frenzy for a few days. I was so afraid the spinel I had my eye on would slip away. So I just did it. Pay Pal only took a few seconds and it was mine. Now I am waiting by the mail box and trying not to think of what will be put up on Wednesday.
So tell me, do "only gems" get lonesome for their brothers, sisters and cousins?"
Just wondering....................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results