shape
carat
color
clarity

cut cornered square step cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

callista

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn''t a cut cornered square step cut a royal asscher cut diamond? This is what GIA states on their certificate when grading a royal asscher, correct?

I found a vendor who lists an asscher with the cut cornered square step cut description on the GIA report, but when I inquired they said it was not a RA.

What gives?
emotion-40.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is an RA. I remember reading something on this forum that a cut cornered square step cut on the GIA report means that it''s an RA. A member of the Asscher family even chimed in to say that if someone is selling a stone with that description on the GIA, and it''s not inscribed as an RA, to report it immediately to the family, because that''s a reproduction and an infringement (or something) on the name.

Try doing a search for asschers or royal asschers and the thread should come up.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2005 4:42:07 AM
Author:callista

isn''t a cut cornered square step cut a royal asscher cut diamond?

No... A RA is a but the reverse is not true.

Other diamonds are ''cut cornered...'' without being RA or looking anything like RAs. I''d bet there is room for nice, bad and ugly with this cut as with any other
38.gif

There is more about this on this thread.

This is just a matter of name-calling and classification.

I would think such a stone could have the looks of a RA all the way if it also came close in proportions. The usual stats (if not a GA model - sigh...) and a picture should help with that.

Hoe the 2c help a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results