shape
carat
color
clarity

Customs strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parcel containing my ring has been seized by Customs.

Apparently it contains Ivory and so they won''t deliver it. They want me to tell them why I didn''t declare it.

There isn''t any Ivory in there!!
7.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, Maisie. That is disheartening. I wish you the best.

Are you able to explain to them that there is no ivory in there? Did they open the parcel and see for themselves?

Please let us know the outcome.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:00:08 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
I''m sorry, Maisie. That is disheartening. I wish you the best.

Are you able to explain to them that there is no ivory in there? Did they open the parcel and see for themselves?

Please let us know the outcome.
ditto, so sorry
7.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fedex is closed now here in the UK. I can''t speak to them till tomorrow now. I got put through to Canada. Thats how I found out the parcel was stopped.

Whiteflash are trying to see what is happening for me.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no!! I hope that you get your parcel tomorrow. That''s rubbish!How weird that they are saying there''s ivory when there''s not. Let''s hope that it''s sorted asap!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

I am so sorry Maisie
38.gif

Cause HELL

29.gif
!

Seriously, DH and I called a million people, eventually we got through to a head honcho. Within 1.5 hours I had my parcel and a whole lot of apologies.

Ivory! Well, you do have to give it to them, it is original! Ivory
20.gif
!

At least it isn't Friday, cause
29.gif
hell
29.gif
and get your bling home.

Oh and if you are lucky they might offer you a cup of tea as compensation - don't be a fool like me; at least take the tea bag home. Its better than nothing
40.gif

Customs! Would somebody give them a game of scrabble for Christmas(?), give them something better to do with their time that bother good folks (Ivory
20.gif
). I mean really - there are criminals out there. And you Maisie (of all people), you are one of the most vocal Pricescoper here regarding complying with customs'.

Keep us informed pelase.

ETA: I see customs are closed (How convenient!). I am sorry you have to sleep on this.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Maiz, hang in there - it will be sorted in 2 shakes of a lamb''s tail!!! I would be hopping mad, but try to hold on girl!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man that sucks Maisie.
15.gif
Why do they think Ivory is in your parcel?? That''s so strange. Hopefully WF can help you settle this. Good luck sweetie!!!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Those idiots. Why on earth do they keep doing that? Ditto with the other ladies. I would raise HELL. That is a load of crap.
38.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe Whiteflash sneaked an elephant into my parcel as a little surprise gift?

I have to laugh or I will cry
40.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 4:38:14 PM
Author: Maisie
Maybe Whiteflash sneaked an elephant into my parcel as a little surprise gift?

I have to laugh or I will cry
40.gif
It would have to be a very little teeny tiny elephant, but I see where you are going with this!

OR, perhaps that particular customs ''officer'' is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot
26.gif
?

Ivory
20.gif
! BAH!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your posts are so funny Steel!

I am just sitting waiting for Whiteflash to get back to me. I hope they are calling Fedex to see exactly what has gone wrong. I am so upset, what if they open my parcel like they did with Steels..... I can''t just drive 4 hours to Stanstead to pick it up!
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:23:56 PM

I am just sitting waiting for Whiteflash to get back to me. I hope they are calling Fedex to see exactly what has gone wrong. I am so upset, what if they open my parcel like they did with Steels..... I can''t just drive 4 hours to Stanstead to pick it up!
38.gif
I hate to say it but they probably will open it to see for themselves there isn''t any Ivory in there. Did they ''scan'' it and that is how they think it has ivory or what? That''s so RANDOM.

What a drag!!! Hope you get it tomorrow!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ivory??? That is just inexplicable. I too would raise hell. Serious everlasting hell if you have to drive for 4 hours ANYWHERE.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

38.gif
Just trying to cheer you up. Sorry but Mara is probably right, once they get their sticky mitts on it, they probably will open it. I know you won''t want to hear that - I certainly didn''t. But if you prepare yourself for that and for the possible trip to STN, then the news couldn''t be worse and may get even better. See what I mean; prepare for the worst, you might be happily surprised then.

[BTW, in this regard when DH tells me to be positive; ''that the glass is half FULL'', I always respond ''What Glass?'' (meaning it has been nicked! - ''cause i am very very unlucky)]

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh I would think that if they opened it and it turned out to be their error, that they could at least pay for the shipping to send it on to you. WF doesn''t even deal in Ivory, that''s rediculous.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:35:12 PM
Author: Steel

38.gif
Just trying to cheer you up. Sorry but Mara is probably right, once they get their sticky mitts on it, they probably will open it. I know you won''t want to hear that - I certainly didn''t. But if you prepare yourself for that and for the possible trip to STN, then the news couldn''t be worse and may get even better. See what I mean; prepare for the worst, you might be happily surprised then.

[BTW, in this regard when DH tells me to be positive; ''that the glass is half FULL'', I always respond ''What Glass?'' (meaning it has been nicked! - ''cause i am very very unlucky)]
That''s a great way of looking at it Steel.
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:26:13 PM
Author: Mara

38.gif
I hate to say it but they probably will open it to see for themselves there isn''t any Ivory in there. Did they ''scan'' it and that is how they think it has ivory or what? That''s so RANDOM.

What a drag!!! Hope you get it tomorrow!
I don''t know if they scanned it. I can''t seem to get any more information. Whiteflash called Fedex and told them there isn''t any Ivory in the package. I will have to call them myself as soon as they open in the morning. I just checked up on a flight to London, just in case, and its £169 (approx $338). Thats about the same as I will be paying in import tax and VAT on the ring. What a mess.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:31:09 PM
Author: Gypsy
Ivory??? That is just inexplicable. I too would raise hell. Serious everlasting hell if you have to drive for 4 hours ANYWHERE.
I have no idea where they would get that there is Ivory in there. The only thing I can think of is if someone at WF put a wrong code or something on the package, but thats very unlikely.

If I have to drive to London it will take me ages. I''m not confident on the motorway and I would have to do the whole drive on my own.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:35:12 PM
Author: Steel

38.gif

I am trying to be optimistic but I am struggling. As you say, I am the one who goes on and on about paying customs charges and look how it goes for me!
7.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 5:36:51 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Uh I would think that if they opened it and it turned out to be their error, that they could at least pay for the shipping to send it on to you. WF doesn''t even deal in Ivory, that''s rediculous.
I think Steel said the other day that if Customs open your parcel to check it, they can''t repack it and send it on. You have to get a courier to do it or collect it yourself. I don''t want to have to pay anymore money out.

If I ever upgrade again, I will go to Texas myself, bring the ring back on the flight, and declare it at Customs on my way back through.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s seriously insane...IVORY?!!! I hope everything works out, Maisie! Why is UK customs discriminating against you poor Whiteflash customers?! Keep us posted...I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get your ring very soon!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
23.gif
Ivory? That''s such a bizarre reason...

Maisie- I''m so sorry this happened! I''m hoping that everything goes smoothly!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just spoke to customs. They are going to x-ray the package to see whats in it. They said they aren''t happy to let it go because of the description WF wrote on the paperwork. They had written:

1.03 Round Ideal

For some reason customs think there could be Ivory in it from that description.

I am so tired, I was awake half the night worrying.
7.gif

If they are happy with the package from the x-ray, it will reach me tomorrow.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2007 3:07:40 AM
I just spoke to customs. They are going to x-ray the package to see whats in it. They said they aren't happy to let it go because of the description WF wrote on the paperwork. They had written:

1.03 Round Ideal

For some reason customs think there could be Ivory in it from that description.

I am so tired, I was awake half the night worrying.
7.gif

If they are happy with the package from the x-ray, it will reach me tomorrow.
Oh Mais...that well and truly sux, what planet are customs on?????At least know we know, and it will be sorted out ASAP and you had better get a snivelling apology from them!!!!
16.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The woman I spoke to this morning was really horrible to me. She was telling me off like it was my fault!
38.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 5:15:47 AM
The woman I spoke to this morning was really horrible to me. She was telling me off like it was my fault!
38.gif

What a wagon!! Don''t mind her-you will get your beautiful ring on your finger soon I hope. I''d definitely raise war-it''s ridiculous!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to get this over with. What a carry on! She said I can''t ring back till 4.30 to ask how its going. Charming!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parcel has been released by customs.

I can breathe now!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results