shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom ring costs....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
Hey there everyone
35.gif

I have a 1/2 carat garnet (my b-stone) and an old (from like a sweet 16 gift) white gold bracelet with tons of tiny diamond clusters. I wanted to take these pieces and make a ring, probably split shank with some of the diamonds in the shanks, and center stone the garnet with more of the diamonds as a halo..... my question is.... how hard is that to do, how much of a cost (of course approximately.... hundreds, thousands, etc) should I expect to pay(having all of the stones and the gold already) or is not even worth salvaging that bracelt and only using the garnet?
I never went this route, but I never wear either of these pieces and had to have them just wasting away in a jewlery box!
Thanks so much for all of your help as usual
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your idea sounds really great but custom work is pricey. They will charge you for each mounting so doing tiny stones will shoot up the cost quickly. You can always shop around and get estimates. Good luck.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve just had some custom work done with Whiteflash. I had my diamond set into a split shank halo design. For 14k white gold I paid in the low $2000 area. Hope that helps.
1.gif

Here is the thread I started to show the CAD images:

Link

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 12:43:33 AM
Author: marcyc
Your idea sounds really great but custom work is pricey. They will charge you for each mounting so doing tiny stones will shoot up the cost quickly. You can always shop around and get estimates. Good luck.
Thanks for the info....I didn''t realize that I would be charged for each mounting! I figured that since I had this old jewelry, it would be a cheaper way of getting use out of it. I never wear these pieces, but hated to think they would just sit the rest of their lives in a jewelry box..... Thanks again for your feedback! I will need to think about this more!!!

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!! That is just beautiful!!! I love the scroll work/detail on the basket. For the most part I was thinking along the same line for the split shank and halo.... I think I am still stunned though how much it may cost despite having all the gems and even gold. Thanks for sharing!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
It really does depend on where you have it done. I got a quote from a local jeweler that will do a halo setting for my emerald cut for $450 and charge me $10 for each pave diamond set. That was far less than I expected! It''s definitly worth asking around.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 9:30:38 AM
Author: Ice Princess Cristy
Wow!!!!! That is just beautiful!!! I love the scroll work/detail on the basket. For the most part I was thinking along the same line for the split shank and halo.... I think I am still stunned though how much it may cost despite having all the gems and even gold. Thanks for sharing!
I know it seems a lot but this is the ring I will be wearing on my wedding finger. I probably wouldn''t spend so much on a rhr or occasional ring
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2008 9:30:38 AM
Author: Ice Princess Cristy

Also remember that they likely can only use part of the gold. You can''t just remelt metal that has already been used and use it again without adding more untainted metal to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results