shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion sapphire 30th anniv m-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking for several months while we were working on a custom design for my new m-ring.

[marriage ring - I didn''t want to call it an engagement ring because I stopped being engaged over 30 years ago. I also didn''t want to call it a wedding ring because that ring was given to me ON my wedding day, and still exists. This new ring is neither of those things, but IS a symbol of the marriage that we have built over the last 30 years.]

I got the ring several weeks ago and wanted to share it with you. I knew that I wanted somthing bold, with clean lines and a colored stone. We worked with Stuart Adelman of Artell Custom Jewelry Design [he was great!]. I initially wanted a purple sapphire, rectangular cushion cut. Stuart brought in 3 stones and I didn''t like any of them. He also brought in several rich blue sapphire and I fell in love with one of them. The longer I wear it the more I fall in love with the stone. It is such a lively stone, even in fairly low light it just glows!

The sapphire is 2.9 ct, the diamonds are .37 ct. Ring size is 6.25.

I wore a 5 1/2 until last Feb when I fell and sprained my ring finger [Had to have my e-ring cut off in the emergency room in Cancun.] The band had worn quite thin, so I told DH that we would "just have to do a new ring!" The knuckle still has not gone down and I don''t think it will at this point. We did a heavy square back on the ring to balance all the weight on the top. It really isn''t top heavy and doesn''t spin even with my large knuckle. I do think that the prongs at the tip of the diamonds are a bit excessive, so when I am ready to leave it, Stuart will bring those down a bit.

So here it is, what do you think?

cush sapp in boxF12.jpg

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Here is a hand shot. DH is working on some other shots for me which I will post later.

handshot4F12.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a stunning ring! It looks so sleek and modern. Great choice
36.gif

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Here is another taken by DH

WBMhandshotF12.jpg

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
And one more, a close-up. This one does a pretty good job of showing the life that the stone has!

WBMcloseupshotF12.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations on 30 years of marriage!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous!!! Sapphires are my very favorite colored stones!!!

(I should add that we celebrated our 30th in Dec.! So congratulations on 30 years!)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your marriage! here''s to many more!
emhot.gif

your ring is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Here is a photo from the jeweler...shows the square back on the ring!

2.90SaphWBMAug07B.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is yummy -- and I''m not normally attracted to the more modern settings. Very chic indeed.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Your ring breath taking ....... I love it !!!! Who was your designer...
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that sapphire is deep and gorgeous! the setting compliments it beautifully, and i even like the prongs on the diamonds. it balances it and to my eye is as much a part of the design as any of the other elements. but that''s just me.

congratulations on 30 years!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Sorry just saw the designer.....BEAUTIFUL!

goldielena

Rough_Rock
I love your ring. The width of the band nicely balances your sapphire and the side stones are very complimentary. Very nicely designed and it looks elegant on your hand. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is such a unique and beautiful ring! It has a sleek modern look yet seems very timeless in its design. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary (celebrated mine in June)!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on 30 years!! The color of your sapphire is gorgeous and your ring is so unique!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on 30 years of marriage. Your sapphire ring is truly stunning. I love the design of it, just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I misspelled the Jewelers name above....it is Artelle Designs

website is www.artelledesigns.com

I'm not sure how to attach that as a hyperlink...if someome else knows, feel free to add it

Thanks for all the compliments. I LOVE my ring. The stone is luminous! It is gorgeous under flourescent lights, daylight, sunlight, even when it's cloudy. Late in the day when the sun is low it seems to just glow!

While I appreciate the beauty of halo's and pave, I knew that they weren't for me. The design was critical for me, I work in the design industry but work on a larger scale (I am a kitchen designer), so Stuart and I had a great time working through the design. I much prefer strong clean lines. With a stone this gorgeous I don't think it needs much "dressing up".

I went into a mall store the other day just to see what a diamond band would look like with it, because that was my original thought, but I was surprised that it actually took away from the look. I may talk with Stuart and see if he has any ideas that would compliment it.

My original stone was a smallish marquis diamond, very clean (VVSI) and I think that later we will have a band made with that stone, maybe with the stone set east-west and some additional diamonds for my right hand, or maybe find some other gorgeous small stones and have several thin stack rings with square shanks made. I am thinking that it will be for my first or second finger, not my ring finger. It won't happen immediately, we have to recover from this purchase first!
9.gif

We are going to the lake this week-end, I will try to take some outside shots.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It''s stunning.

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
One more of the stone before it was set. This was taken by the jeweler who has a much better set up for photographing jewels than I do. Also, here is the link to his website

http://artelledesigns.com

2.90SaphWBMAug0777K.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Yum! Look at the color of that sapphire! Your ring is beautiful! I love the design and it looks great on you! Happy 30th! Congrats!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:26:40 AM
Author:lightseeker

[marriage ring - I didn''t want to call it an engagement ring because I stopped being engaged over 30 years ago. I also didn''t want to call it a wedding ring because that ring was given to me ON my wedding day, and still exists. This new ring is neither of those things, but IS a symbol of the marriage that we have built over the last 30 years.]
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I absolutely love sapphires and yours is so stunning! And the design of the ring... fabulous!

I also love how you refer to is as a marriage ring, very cool!
Congrats on 30 years of marriage!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and congrats on 30 wonderful years!!! It is always nice to see people married in the double digits
36.gif
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool ring!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
As my kids would say. This ring is "Sa-WEET" !
18.gif

I love the bold lines and the "statement" this ring makes.
Truly a work of art.
I just love it.
Congratulations on your milestone together.
This ring is certainly a worthy testament to your lives together!

Gorgeous work of art. Congratulations!
36.gif

ETA: I agree with you Lightseeker, this to me is a stand alone piece, anything else would just take away from it's elegance and gorgeous lines.

Lightseekerfavpic2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary!! Love your new ring. Beautiful.
18.gif

We did something similar for our 25th. I got a really nice diamond ring. I hadn''t been able to wear my original wedding set for years, because my knuckles were larger. I like your idea of calling it a marriage ring. I wear mine as a combo engagement, wedding, anniversary ring as well. Your term says it all, and much better.

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Once we approved the wax, I had to step aside and let DH take care of picking it up and giving it to me. [I understand some of what the LIW are feeling...it's tough to wait!!) Stuart (the jeweler) told me that I had to come in after I received the ring so that they could see it on my hand. When I went in I mentioned to him that I was calling it a marriage ring and he loved the term, said he should market it.

An interesting (and sobering) side note to the story. When we were at the jewelers chatting after approving the wax I received a phone call from my 25 year old son wondering where I was and if I was OK. It was the evening that the bridge went down iin Minneapolis, and he had just heard (we hadn't heard yet). He was concerned because I work about 2 miles from the bridge. Thankfully I went a different direcition and about 30 minutes earlier. If there hadn't been road construction I would have gone that way, but I didn't want to fight that traffic so I took some side streets and a different bridge over the river. My boss had gone over the bridge about 15 minutes before it fell. DH does consulting work and is working with a company where one of the victims worked. He never met the man who died, but would have had a meeting with him the following week. Such a sad (and scary) event.
7.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply delish!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee!!!!!! That''s a beauty!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! I love the color of that blue Sapphire!! The design is just perfect!!! It looks so gorgeous on your hand!!

Congratulations on 30 wonderful years together and many many more.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results