shape
carat
color
clarity

Crown jubilee vs crown of light?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know of pics/videos showing both a COL and crown jubilee cut? I can't figure out the difference between them! To my eye they look similar, but faceting diagrams from GIA reports arent the same.

Crown jubilee:
Screenshot_20230120-185127_Chrome.jpg

Crown of light:
Screenshot_20230120-184805_Chrome.jpg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
This is an interesting question. I had never heard of the Crown of Light cut. I couldn't find a comparison vid but these are kind of two vids are interesting. Unfortunately, Rhino's Crown Jubilee vid is of a cushion cut.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Interesting idea. I always thought that a lot crown jubilees were restored/rejuvenated OECs that may have been damaged. Maybe that’s why the faceting is different? I’m not familiar with crown of light tho…but I’ve always found the crown jubilees very charming!

Cool vid on the Crown jubilee IG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting idea. I always thought that a lot crown jubilees were restored/rejuvenated OECs that may have been damaged. Maybe that’s why the faceting is different? I’m not familiar with crown of light tho…but I’ve always found the crown jubilees very charming!

Cool vid on the Crown jubilee IG

Yup, that's my understanding too. They (the crown jubilee folks) take old diamonds that are wonky and recut them into this specific facet pattern. I just wish I could see a head to head comparison between the two bc face up they look so similar!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t answer your question, but if you’re interested in a Crown of Light diamond, I know of one that I think is a pretty good price. Maybe you’ve already seen it..I can send you the link if you‘d like :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t answer your question, but if you’re interested in a Crown of Light diamond, I know of one that I think is a pretty good price. Maybe you’ve already seen it..I can send you the link if you‘d like :))

Please do! I think I may already know the one you're talking about, but send anyway :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a crown of light in a pawn shop recently that was a surprise, I was tempted to try it on but wasn’t motivated enough. That was the first time I ever saw one in person.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a crown of light in a pawn shop recently that was a surprise, I was tempted to try it on but wasn’t motivated enough. That was the first time I ever saw one in person.

Oooo jealous!!! Did you like it overall?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please do! I think I may already know the one you're talking about, but send anyway :)

I just sent you the info through one of your Loupe Troop links. I hope it came through! Let me know if it didn’t :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo jealous!!! Did you like it overall?

So, it was in a really gritty pawn shop and it was in a really scratched up glass case. That probably clouded my first impression.

It was underwhelming and didn’t look to have a lot of sparkle but that might have been the environment. Hence why I wasn’t motivated to ask to try it on.

I think I saw somewhere that the crown of light diamonds need very specific lighting to really come to life. Not sure if that’s true or not.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crown of light is on every cruise ship And at every port.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, it was in a really gritty pawn shop and it was in a really scratched up glass case. That probably clouded my first impression.

It was underwhelming and didn’t look to have a lot of sparkle but that might have been the environment. Hence why I wasn’t motivated to ask to try it on.

I think I saw somewhere that the crown of light diamonds need very specific lighting to really come to life. Not sure if that’s true or not.
Yeah, I'm wondering if that's true also

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I would say if you can get your hands one one for a good price with a return policy, then maybe give it a shot.

Personally I would try for the crown jubilee but I’m guessing they are more limited and harder to find.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Parks posted a Crown of light today 1.23 carat I color SI1 for 3k

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results